Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cracked Alta HR screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My screen has cracked - without me knocking it on anything.  It's less than a year old.  How to I get a new screen?

Best Answer
127 REPLIES 127

I've figured out the screen issue. Each day: tap, tap, tap, tap, tap. If you don't tap hard enough nothing happens; if you don't flip your wrist hard enough the first screen doesn't show. So the item simply isn't durable. Either get insurance, or use your phone more to view content when possible or get a different fitbit model if you don't mind something huge on your wrist. If you're not repurchasing with a 20% discount going thru Google is better because their insurance doesn't require a copay and the product gets to you sooner. So if you are only being offered 10% off Google is a better option because of the insurance and no insurance copay. If I tell you what you can do about this the board monitors will delete my response.

Best Answer
0 Votes
You will only be offered 25% off a new purchase. With all the issues of cracked screens I can’t believe that is how they handle the situation for everyone I’ve been in touch with.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@kwalter6456 wrote:
You will only be offered 25% off a new purchase. With all the issues of cracked screens I can’t believe that is how they handle the situation for everyone I’ve been in touch with.

Sent from my iPhone

Not everyone gets the same deal. I only got a 20% discount, apparently a very few of you got 25%, then apparently a bunch of people only got 10% and a lot of people got nothing and didn't push. 

One thing I've noticed is the moderators routinely delete and condense the old complaints. They fib and say it's to keep it relevant, but they are really obscuring the history of how long the issue has been going on and really valid, obvious points made by people. For example, the screens can't be repaired. They are just a throw away item. So what does it say if the screen isn't guaranteed to work for the first 12 months you have your fitbit barring water exposure?

Best Answer

Hi there guys, good to see you around!

Again, I'm sorry to hear that some of you are not satisfied with the options provided. As I stated before, there's not much else I can offer from my end, so if you'd like to take advantage of the discount you were offered, let me know. I'll be happy to help you out with this!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes
hi. I actually contacted fitbit warranty dept direct and they have sent me
a replacement free of charge. they were extremely helpful and quite happy
to replace. it arrived about 6 days later. not sure why anyone would
accept a discount when they are offering replacements...???
Best Answer
0 Votes

@helj wrote:
hi. I actually contacted fitbit warranty dept direct and they have sent me
a replacement free of charge. they were extremely helpful and quite happy
to replace. it arrived about 6 days later. not sure why anyone would
accept a discount when they are offering replacements...???

Can you please share more about your experience? How old was your fitbit when they replaced it? What state? Did you have an extended warranty or just the normal purchase? Because you're right, people should be getting the same compensation for the same situation and it sounds like people are being taken advantage of.

Best Answer
0 Votes
my fitbit was 10 months old..no extended warranty...
Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you get Amazon to replace? I bought the square trade 4 yr protection plan and just logged in to file a claim and it said only electrical or mechanical failures are covered...not 'accidents' cosmetic issues. Wondering what approach to Square Trade or Amazon works? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@foreverdancing ... how did you get Amazon to cover it? I bought through Amazon. I also bought the square trade 4 yr protection plan and just logged in to file a claim and it said only electrical or mechanical failures are covered...not 'accidents' cosmetic issues so square trade warranty isn't covering it.  Did you go through Amazon itself or through square trade? Any tips you can give would be appreciated on an approach that worked. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This seems to be a long-running problem, but my screen just cracked today as well. I work outside, am constantly in the heat, covered in bug spray and sun tan lotion. This would've been helpful information to have from Fitbit ahead of time. 

The customer service options are terrible, too. I don't have time to sit here and live chat with someone or be put on hold endlessly. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the forums @msimmons . 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your feedback and experience. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. I've shared your case with our Support team and they will continue assisting you regarding your cracked screen. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My screen has cracked also and got no where with customer service in chat and on the phone.  Your product is obviously defective and wouldn't be replaced anyway even if it was still under warranty.  I find this highly unacceptable and when I asked about a complaint department I was told there is none.  shocking huh!  I along with everyone else paid a lot of money for this only to find that if it breaks, oh well you're s**t outta luck!!!! I purchased 3 of these over the years, this is the 1st one I've had a problem with but sadly this is also the last I will purchase from you all as you do not back your product.................

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @SunsetRunner. 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your experience with Customer Support. I am sure they tried to help you in the best possible manner, each case is reviewed individually and the troubleshooting and a solution that's being provided is based on the Fitbit Warranty. I understand how you are feeling as you've invested in the Fitbit Family; however, we as any other company have policies to follow through. While customer satisfaction remains our number one goal, the demands of running a global business require that we enforce our warranty consistently.   

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Both my dauhter and my alta hr screen cracked. This is obviously a dedign flaw! Please urgently advise

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums @Adele_B.

Thank you for sharing that both your daughter's and your Alta HR screen cracked. I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support team, for them to take a deeper look at this and provide a solution. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

I'll be around if you need further assistance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Alta Fitbit cracked out of warranty and even though they said it is a known issue, they will not do a thing except offer 25 percent off on a new product of theirs.   Why would I buy another Fitbit when they are defective and the company will not stand behind them?  A reputable company would stand behind a defective product.  I am a disabled Senior who uses this watch for monitoring exercise, and there is nothing that will be done by Support.  I cannot begin to express my disappointment in the company and their unwillingness to resolve this known issue.

Best Answer

I would love to also know how some are getting replacements out of warranty, while the rest of us are only offered a lousy 25 percent off discount towards a new one!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums @Radiantredhead. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your experience with Customer Support regarding the cracked screen on your Fitbit Alta. I am sure they tried to help you in the best possible manner, each case is reviewed individually and the troubleshooting and a solution that's being provided is based on the Fitbit Warranty. I totally understand how you are feeling and appreciate your feedback. We're constantly working on improving our devices and user experiences and hope to keep you in the Fitbit family.

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would like to know why some people here get free replacements, being out of warranty, and others, like me, get the canned response that the company is trying to improve, etc.  It seems to me, if the product has a known defect and this has occurred often, as seen on these forums, then the company would stand behind its faulty products no matter what the warranty is.  I cannot begin to express my disappointment in the company in its way of handling the situation.

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply @Radiantredhead.

I totally understand how you are feeling and thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback. Customer satisfaction remains our number one goal, however the demands of running a global business require that we enforce our warranty consistently. Each case is reviewed individually and since you've already been working with Customer Support, I recommend contacting them back regarding your concern. 

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes