Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cracked Alta HR screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My screen has cracked - without me knocking it on anything.  It's less than a year old.  How to I get a new screen?

Best Answer
127 REPLIES 127
Wow. This is happening to so many people. I can't believe that Fitbit
doesn't care! 😓
Best Answer

Another company that believes its now so popular it doesn’t need to look after its customers to make a profit! Sad that this is what happens when a company gets profitable 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @tazertag, good to see you around! The thing is that when it comes to broken displays, this is not covered under the warranty, so I'm afraid they will not be able to replace it even if it's still under warranty. I'm sorry about that 😕

@lrnjoy, I've escalated your case to the Support Team, so they should be getting back on track soon. Keep an eye on your inbox for more instructions!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
The fact that the screen isn't covered under warranty makes it seem like
Fitbit was aware of this from the beginning. I don't think we're going to
get anywhere. They know it's a problem but are unwilling to fess up.
Best Answer

The responses from the "moderator" do not make sense.  On one hand they are stating that screens are not covered by the warranty and therefore won't be replaced even if you are still within warranty, and on the other they are offering to refer people to the Support team.  What's the point in referring to the Support team if they are not prepared to replace?  They made an "exception" for me when I argued some people were getting replacements so I don't understand why they are not doing this for others. 

Best Answer

I’ve received an email today saying that due to the demands of running a global company they can no longer replace items with this issue!

at least they are being honest with where they are on customer service I suppose

Best Answer

Hi, I also have a cracked Alta HR. I was camping this last weekend and did use Bug Spray. I noticed the crack the next morning. This is not acceptable!! Now what??

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Screen didn't crack, however it did fall off on a hot day during normal activity.  Lotion applied that morning, about 5 hrs prior to it falling off.  Got on this forum to see what others had experienced when trying to get a replacement.  Looks like it will be a challenge.    

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! Welcome to the forums to the new faces! 🙂

The reason why I'm offering to escalate your case to the Support Team is if you'd like to take advantage of a discount on the purchase of a new tracker since this issue is not covered under the warranty and will not be replaced.

If you would like to see the options when it comes to discounts on new trackers, let me know and I'll be happy to help you out!

Best Answer

And yet, according to some on here, they get replacements if push hard enough.  Doesn't make much sense.  Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer
I know of someone who called yesterday and was persistent. Her replacement is on its way.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Are you back at the 25% discount offered by customer service?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m no where. I sent in a picture with a case # and have heard nothing in more than a week. What are competitors of the Alta HR? What is the competing model from Garmin?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I sure would like that. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I went to Cobourg beach yesterday, without any hit or force, my Alta HR screen cracked. After went through this post, looks like it's not just me. Fitbit should send a warning to user, do not wear it in extreme hot weather.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! Good to see you around! 🙂

@SmittyAJ @LY26, every scenario for each user is different and is considered on an individual basis, so I wouldn't be able to tell you why is this.

@Scott169, it seems that they got back to you on July. Please, check your inbox for more instructions.

@DBPiq, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to the Support Team for them to take a look and help you out. Keep an eye on your inbox for more instructions! 🙂

@SamuelZhu, I'm very sorry about that 😕 Would you like me to escalate your case and see what your options are at the moment?

If any of you guys need anything else, let me know. I'll be happy to help you out!

Best Answer

I contacted your online support, says my fitbit alta hr is already replaced once, I got it from my friend, they can do nothing more. Any chance you can help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @SamuelZhu! I see... 😕

In that situation, I'm afraid that I can not do much else to help you out. If they've already replaced it once before to the previous owner, the most I can do from my end is get you in touch with them again but they will review your previous case and they will not be able to offer anything else.

Thanks a lot for your comprehension. If you need help with anything else, I'm always around!

Best Answer

@foreverdancing wrote:

I made sure to buy extended warranty because of friends' and families' stories about defective hardware. I wasn't taking any chances. Fitbit needs to step up it's hardware game!!

Thanks for the information! I'll definitely give that a try.

Moderator edit: Merged replies

This is really good to know because my Alta HR screen just cracked and there has been no rough treatment and I am already having problems with poor Fitbit customer service. Nothing unusual or stressful has happened to it. I'm not an athlete, just active in normal gym and walking ways. I bought thru google. Hopefully I bought extra coverage but probably didn't. Who would expect this to happen to a product in 14 months?

@FerdinandFitbit wrote:

Hi there everyone! Good to see you in the Forums! Smiley Happy

Thanks a lot for taking the time to share your experiences with us! For those who have received a discount, I'm sorry if this is not what you expected 😕

Now, I'd like to know if any of you experienced this while being outdoors and applying sunscreen or bug repellent that was applied on the tracker. I'd like to know if it may have something to do with the Alta HR. If you've been doing this, I'd recommend making sure you remove your tracker when applying these and then put the tracker back on.

Your feedback is very valuable! I appreciate you taking the time to share this with us in advance!

I used sunscreen and did not apply it to my lower arms at all because I like a glow where I don't get burned. Clever of Fitbit though to try to find a 3rd factor that goes with heat. 

Moderator edit: Merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did nothing- it wasn't outside, it wasn't hot, I wasn't wearing sunscreen.  Sick to death of this issue and the BS Fitbit try and spin.  It's a piece of garbage and I will never buy another product nor will I everlet anyone I know spend a cent on this dud product.  Your customer service in Australia sucks!

Well it should be as it is obviously a huge bloody issue!!!!!!!

Moderator edit: Merged replies, format

Best Answer
0 Votes