Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendar Notification keeps vibrating and I don't know why

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In my calendar on my iPhone I put my hours that I am in office at work. Its from 10-5, and from 9 am and passed 10 am I kept getting the notifaction on my fitbit alta. Some times it be 10 mins inbetween others it be like every 2 mins. I turned off the calendar notification for now but I was wondering if someone knows the issue? 

Best Answer
65 REPLIES 65

It's nice to have you here in the Fitbit Community @Kyle27! The only two options I could think of is that your tracker needs to be charged or you are getting the reminders to move alarm. Do you get the vibrations at the same hour every day? Have you checked the schedule for these reminders on your Device page? Did deactivating the calendar notifications helped you fix this issue?

Looking forward to your reply.

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer

Its not either of those things. It just keeps repeating my calendar notification for work. Since it is set from 10 to 5 I think thast why... 

Best Answer
This also happens to me. Even on an event that is like 2 hours long.
Best Answer

Thank you for your reply @Kyle27. Welcome @SunsetRunner! By any chance have any of you have tried to change the time of your notification to see if this is the root cause? Have you tried any other options to fix this? 

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same thing. It will show the calendar information but it wont stop repeating. I've tried to dismiss it tapping it once, twice, not at all, but it keeps vibrating with the notification. Any one come up with a solution or know why this is occuring?

Best Answer

I have the same problem. There is no way to dismiss calendar notifications and my Alta just keeps vibrating up to and during the event. I've seen lots of posts from other users, so it appears to either be a glitch in the software or someone at FitBit didn't consider that the notifications need to have a way to dismiss them.

Best Answer

Same problem here. I hope Fitbit is looking into fixing this, as it appears to be a software glitch. It's annoying me enough that I just turned off the calendar notifications, although I was reluctant to do that since they were part of the reason I bought the Alta.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Alta is doing this do. It will notify a calendar event with a buzz, which I can't dismiss - neither one tap nor two works. It will then keep notifying me of the same event - sometimes every 5 mins or so, sometimes every minute. On Saturday it kept notifying me of one event intermittently for three hours. Then just as randomly, it eventually stops buzzing me.

@Mcore wrote:

Thank you for your reply @Kyle27. Welcome @SunsetRunner! By any chance have any of you have tried to change the time of your notification to see if this is the root cause? Have you tried any other options to fix this? 

Best Answer
@Mcore What do you mean change the time of my notifications? The only options for timing I can control in google calendar is how many minutes before to notify me. It should not matter what that time is set to. The event that keeps doing it it a reoccurring event that happens weekly. There is one alert set for 30 mins before and a second alert set for when it is time to leave. This is set from my iPhone running the current software I use the apple calendar app that syncs with google calendar. Hopefully this is enough information that you can begin looking at debugging you code.
Best Answer

Its been for multiple events that are all at different times of day. Sometimes it will stop after the time of event start, others will go continous all day and I have to turn off my calendar notifcations off in fitbit for a little for it to stop. 

Best Answer

Melissa, we've pretty much tried everything, but there is apparently no way to dismiss a calendar notification like you can do with, say, the alarm notification. It just keeps going and going and going... 

Best Answer

This is happening to my Alta too. Is there a known fix or software update that anyone is aware of yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got mine yesterday and it's doing the same thing. It kept notifying me past the event time. I had a location for the event as wasn't there so I assume that also had something to do with it. There needs to be a way to cancel an event notification. I know I have an event once, I don't need reminders every 2 minutes! And I didn't have any alert assigned in my calendar for this either.
Best Answer

@Kyle27 @SunsetRunner @pope8586 @ShayTay @SunsetRunner @DCobham @rkin @WineScarlet I recommend confirming that you're on the latest version of the Fitbit App for iOS. Once you've updated, I suggest restarting the Alta with these instructions. Let me know if the excessive notifications continue after the restart.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, Kyle, I too was annoyed at being reminded over and over again to attend the meeting I was already attending!  I think the problem is that when you have an appointment on your calendar, especially if it extends over many hours or days, Your alta will keep reminding you. I changed my three-day meeting to a one-hour block on my iPhone calendar, and I stopped getting the reminders.

Best Answer

@ErickFitbit  I was having issues with the repetitive calendar notifications on the Alta. I did the restart and still get the notifications, despite me dismissing them each time. Do you know if the newest software update resolves this issue? I am hopeful.

Best Answer
This would not apply to my problem. I had a reminder set for a 1 1/2 class and it continued to remind me for the entire time.

Meghan Price-Wlodarczyk
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @ErickFitbit. I saw that there was an update for the Alta last night and installed that. I followed your instructions to restart it today and set up a "test" calendar appointment. I made it for longer than an hour and for a different location than where I'm at. The Alta only vibrated when my phone showed a calendar notification, so I think the update may have taken care of this glitch.Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lorymal @rkin @SunsetRunner @Kyle27 @pope8586 @SunsetRunner @DCobham @WineScarlet As @ShayTay said above, we recently released a new firmware version for the Alta which seems to have resolved the issue. Can you guys update your firmware and let me know if it's resolved the issue for you as it did for @ShayTay? Thanks everyone!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes