Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging Fitbit Alta for the first time

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I just purchased my Fitbit Alta and I am in the initial charging stage. How can you tell if it is actually charging? I accidentally hit the small button on the USB cable and now it's not showing a thing on the screen. The Fitbit logo was there now it's gone, ugh, something so small should not be this difficult to charge
Best Answer
124 REPLIES 124

I’m in the same boat. Help please!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@r2lyons I was having the same issue. Turned Bluetooth off and then back on on my phone and it worked right away!! Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I turn on my fit bit hr

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't seem to have a button on my charging cable that I can see !!!?????

Best Answer
0 Votes

Grrr silly me I found it!!! Ty

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charging seems to be working but will not connect to the phone s8

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes charging battery sign

But how do we turn it on

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK

Did that 

Now What?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been charging my new Fitbi Alta for the first time for over 2 hours and the only thing on the screen is an explation mark. Is this normal?

Best Answer
0 Votes
We are not sure our first time and not working for us at the moment

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

When you're trying to set up your Alta on the app for the first time, make sure you're choosing the right Alta. I spent an hour trying to set up the Alta HR when I bought the Alta. As soon as I picked the right model it was perfect.

Dumb solution, but I can't be the only one that did that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Amazon is very easy to do returns. But what phone right up trying to sync
it with
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit alta has now been charging for 6+ hours but all I can get on the display when I tap it is Fitbit.com/setup. I can't get it to do anything else. Am I doing something wrong.

help, this is driving me crazy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can return to Amazon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bit is fully charged. Pres yhe button three times. Its paired with my phone. Why can't i set it up? Only get to the search screen....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. Only difference is that mine had enough charge to register but is now dead. Following you to see if you have a resolution 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to sync after power cycling my phone.  This is in addition to restarting the fitbit alta hr as per previous posts, touching the screen to turn it on, and toggling bluetooth off and on.  The power cycling was key.

Best Answer
0 Votes

then what?

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I turn on my Fitbit Alta? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That won't work for me! 

Best Answer
0 Votes