Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Alta won't reset

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have tried both in my phone & my computer. I press the button 3 times within eight seconds while briefly pausing like the directions say to but the screen does not show the Fitbit logo & it's still charging. How can I reset my Fitbit if this is not working?
Best Answer
97 REPLIES 97

I’ve tried everything but there doesn’t seem to be a solid solution that’s working. Did anyone manage to get theirs to work?  If so, how?

thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Omg! your so right!, that worked, thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MaginB wrote:

Welcome to the Community @robynleighton! I hope you're doing great! 

Let me help you out, What happened to your tracker? what type of issue are you experiencing? in order to restart it double check you're following these steps:

1. Plug your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any USB power adapter.

2. Insert the other end of the cable into the port on the back of your Fitbit Alta. Your Alta will begin charging.

3. Press the button on your charging cable three times within eight seconds, briefly pausing between presses. The button is on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into your computer. 

4. Eight seconds after the first button press, you'll see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This means Alta is restarting.

5. After you see the logo you can unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Catch you later! 

Is restarting suppose to zero everything out? Because mine didn't. Everything was the same after it was done.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I took the advice of pressing button 3 times in 2 seconds- worked!!!!! Reset...after days of frustration. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

What do u mean clear contacts??

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have tried everything and mine wont reset either. I have to charge it every night. Anyone with success can you please tell me how you got it to reset ?

Best Answer

I am having similar problems, cant restart, cant sync. It seems to me that so many people are having this problem that the product has an inherent fault and should be returned as faulty. I am going to give it one more day and then its going back. Still only 6 months old.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I sent an email to fit bit and they sent me a new one as it was in warranty they will check there records

Thanks 
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you this worked for me as well! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is happening to mine 

How did you resolve 😁

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just kept trying to reset it, which took about 20 attempts and
miraculously it started syncing again. But this morning it's not syncing
again and I notice there has been a Fitbit update on my smart phone. Here
we go again.
Good luck.
Lynda
Best Answer
0 Votes
It sync and screen comes on when connected but when I take it off the screen won't come on !!! Any ideas ??

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I sent fitbit customer service a message, they looked up my fit bit and it was in warrenty and send me a new one

Kind Regards,
[https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.wisestamp.com/widgets/green_32.png] Please consider your environmental responsibility. Before printing this e-mail message, ask yourself whether you really need a hard copy.

Best Answer
0 Votes
How long is the warranty on them 1 or 2 years ? X 
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure sorry
Kind Regards,
[https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.wisestamp.com/widgets/green_32.png] Please consider your environmental responsibility. Before printing this e-mail message, ask yourself whether you really need a hard copy.

Best Answer

I bought a new one....

iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Thanks for your reply I contacted fitbit support They're sending me a new one 😁

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone and welcome to the new users! 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I can see a few topics mentioned here so I would like to cover as much as possible, please take a look  at the steps provided here to resolve any trouble with the syncing process. If you're stats are not resetting at midnight the first step to attempt is the restart to your Alta, if you're still having trouble you can also check that you're running the correct timezone take a look at these instructions. 

If by any chance you're still having trouble please let me know so I can give you the next steps! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your response was not helpful. The original poster stated she attempted to restart according to the instructions. You later repeated the exact same thing stated. 

Best Answer