Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I was at the gym walking on the treadmill when I was on the Fitbit app and I decided to change the clock face. Ever since then the app just says looking and I've plugged it in and tried everything I possibly can but it will not turn on
Best Answer
264 REPLIES 264

That's bad to hear @iris1204. If you have followed our recommended troubleshoot and the issues persist, definitely the best call was getting in touch with support. In order to get a faster response, you can contact them via phone at (877) 623-4997 M-F 4am-8pm // Sa,Su 6am-5pm (PT) or via chat. I'm sure they will be glad to assist, please make sure of referencing your email case number from the first touch. 

Keep me posted! Woman Wink

Retired ModeratorCindy | Community Moderator

Was this what you were looking for? Vote for it and mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

Ive spent the last three nights trying to get my alta to charge. It won't. The first two nights it just went to sleep! This evening, Ive tried to do the restart but that has no effect, or at least it looks the same to me. 

Also since the update, my acitve red spots are faulty, i have an arch of about 20 despite only selecting 8-19 hours.

Its really irritating me now. I'm away this weekend and need a full battery!

Best Answer

Hey there @Helen1! Definitely the restart was a good call. Additionally, please check this post of mine with some recommendations to charge properly your tracker. If the issue persists, the best step is contacting support so they can evaluate your case and options. 

About the issue with the hourly goal, there is know issue right now with it. Please check this post with more details and a workaround. 

Finally, have you checked our Discussions board? There you can share your story, find some fitness tips, recipes and more! Give it a look!  

Keep me posted! Woman Wink

Was this what you were looking for? Vote for it and mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
Walking on a treadmill, can you rest your hands on the side rails and get accurate steps? I upgraded from my Zip to Alta. Never had trouble with Zip!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Gransan welcome to the Forums! Yes, holding the bars while working out on the treadmill could affect the step count for wristband trackers because your hands are not moving. You can learn all about Fitbit trackers accuracy at this help article

Let me know if you have any other question! Woman Wink

Best Answer

If I'm in a challenge, will i lose my standing by doing this?  Does this restart actually help the accuracy problem with the Alta? Is one tracker more accurate than the other?
Thanks for your help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks...worked after the third time!!! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thx! Does anyone know if I can use Zip on treadmill and Alta the rest of the time? Will info transfer?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Jeaners84 @Ranger0711 @Gransan welcome to the Community!

@Jeaners84 At this time only steps from your tracker count towards a challenge. That means manually logged activities and activities tracked through any third-party apps aren't included in your challenge total. About the restart, this procedure is intended to refresh your tracker internal logs and may solve some issues. Lastly, Fitbit is dedicated to developing the most accurate activity trackers on the market. Our team has performed multiple internal studies to rigorously test the accuracy of Fitbit trackers. Through our testing, we have confirmed that our trackers are some of the most accurate wireless tracking devices.

@Ranger0711 I'm glad to hear everything is working properly now! Keep the stepping up! 

@Gransan Yes, you can set up two trackers of different model on the same account and both will sync with your account. Just remember you should never use both tracker at the same time, you can learn more about how this works at this help article

See you around! Woman Wink

Best Answer
Very disappointed.

Excited to get new Alta. Charged it. When attached to charger synch and display works great. Disconnect from charger.....nothing. Read every thread on this site and tried every suggestion. Still, nothing.

Very disappointed.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up plugging my Alta in at a wall outlet USB port and not my computer ! It fully charged in an hour! Good luck! Love mine!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Do most people charge their tracker through the computer? I've never thought to do that. I plug mine into the wall every couple days when i have a shower.
Best Answer

Just got my new fitbit Alta in the mail and it won;t turn on.  I've tried plugging into a USB port then pressing the button on the charger and nothing is happening.  I'm getting frustrated fast! My fitbit blaze works fine.  Please HELP!!

Best Answer

Hey there @BOSU04 @Gransan welcome to the Community!

@BOSU04 @emmygirl928 I completely understand your frustration. Have you tried restarting your tracker? (Please check my post for the appropriate steps). If the issue persists after that, the best step would be getting in touch with our support team, I'm sure they will be glad to assist. 

Many thanks for sharing your experience here @Gransan!

@SunsetRunner For charging purposes, we recommend plugging your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or other low-energy device. If necessary, you can use a UL-certified USB wall charger.

See you around! Woman Wink

Best Answer

I've had my new alta, a replacement for a charge that came unraveled, shut off several times, need to put it on the charging cable to restart it.  Always plenty of charge.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the help, although it wasn't me that had the problem, that has fixed mine!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@rtedw Does the Alta shutoff in any specific environmental situations such as extremely hot days, in a sauna, etc? Is it shutting off consistently or on random occasions?

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a new Alta that I set up yesterday.  It is fully charged, and steps, etc. show up on my app on the phone, but there is no display on the Alta itself.  I only have a display if it is plugged into the charger.  I have tried restarting it 3 times, but still no display.  What can I do to make the display work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for joining our Community @EseeWoman Wink The restart is a good call, can you please confirm if these were the steps you followed to restart your Alta?

1. Plug your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any USB power adapter.

2. Insert the other end of the cable into the port on the back of your Fitbit Alta. Your Alta will begin charging.

3. Press the button on your charging cable three times within eight seconds, briefly pausing between presses. The button is on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into your computer. 

4. Eight seconds after the first button press, you'll see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This means Alta is restarting.

5. After you see the logo you can unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

If the display issue persists after confirming the steps above, I recommend getting in touch with our support team. I'm sure they will be glad to investigate and evaluate your case. 

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
Hello, I have a Fitbit Alta, and it won't switch on AT ALL I have tried the reset procedure many times but it's just a black screen; when I tried the reset procedure it just vibrated but NOTHING can up on the screen. Please help!
Best Answer
0 Votes