Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't turn on my Alta

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a trick to getting the alta to even turn on?? Been charging for 5 hrs. Restarted, turned blue tooth on and off tried to call customer service.. Couldn't get through. This is my first one and I'm not impressed if it's this hard to set up

Moderator Edit: Updated title for clarity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey there @Rocksee, welcome to the Community! Were you able to turn your Alta on? Did support take care of this?

In case you still need assistance, please make sure that you are charging your tracker properly:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer.
  2. Plug the other end of the cable into the port on the back of the Alta.
  3. By lining up the pins on the charging cable with the port on your Alta, attach the cable to the tracker. These must be securely locked in place.
  4. To verify that charging has started, make sure you see a battery icon on Alta's display.

Charging Alta 1.png

The restart was a good call, thanks for trying that. If the issue persists after trying all my recommendations above I recommend contacting support once more. In order to get a faster response, you can contact support via phone at (877) 623-4997 M-F 4am-8pm // Sa,Su 6am-5pm (PT) or via chat. I'm sure they will be glad to assist you further. 

Let me know how it goes! 

P.S. You can also check this video about how to charge your Alta.

Retired ModeratorCindy | Community Moderator

Was this what you were looking for? Vote for it and mark it as an Accepted Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

Hey there @Rocksee, welcome to the Community! Were you able to turn your Alta on? Did support take care of this?

In case you still need assistance, please make sure that you are charging your tracker properly:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer.
  2. Plug the other end of the cable into the port on the back of the Alta.
  3. By lining up the pins on the charging cable with the port on your Alta, attach the cable to the tracker. These must be securely locked in place.
  4. To verify that charging has started, make sure you see a battery icon on Alta's display.

Charging Alta 1.png

The restart was a good call, thanks for trying that. If the issue persists after trying all my recommendations above I recommend contacting support once more. In order to get a faster response, you can contact support via phone at (877) 623-4997 M-F 4am-8pm // Sa,Su 6am-5pm (PT) or via chat. I'm sure they will be glad to assist you further. 

Let me know how it goes! 

P.S. You can also check this video about how to charge your Alta.

Retired ModeratorCindy | Community Moderator

Was this what you were looking for? Vote for it and mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

Hi 

I bought an Alta, aligned the pins properly, plugged it into my computer's USB as indicated but nothing happens. No vibration, no lights lighting up on display. Nothing. I did everything right, but it is not charging.

Please help.

Best Answer

Hey there @promoguy! Welcome to the Community! 

It's a shame to hear that your tracker still not turning on, if you have already tried the suggestions that @CindyFitbit shared in her post and you still unable to make it work, I recommend  contacting the Support Team and let them know the troubleshooting steps that you've tried in the Community. They will take good care of your tracker. 🙂

Catch you later! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I charged my new xmas present fitbit Alta for 10 hours today. I still cna't get it to turn on,Near tears. Suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. Charged it overnight even and tried all the troubleshooting suggestions but nothing! 😖

Best Answer

i have charged my fitbit but it still won't turn on

Best Answer
0 Votes

be sure to give two good taps to the screen - this wakes up the display and shows you the battery level of the charge.

Best Answer
0 Votes

give the screen two good taps of the finger to wake up the screen and show you the battery level.

Best Answer
0 Votes

All you have to do is plug your alta in your charger and press the button on the USB changer two time then it will buzz two time then it will reset all your data and clear it off. Then restore your stuff by entering your

@Rocksee wrote:

Is there a trick to getting the alta to even turn on?? Been charging for 5 hrs. Restarted, turned blue tooth on and off tried to call customer service.. Couldn't get through. This is my first one and I'm not impressed if it's this hard to set up

Moderator Edit: Updated title for clarity. 

info. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cant get my mums (who is 82) fitbit alta to charge for the first time....i have it plugged into usb on computer, i have the other end attached to the watch (i think the pins are aligned with the right part n back of watch.......there is no sign of life on the fitbit watch screen.. any ideas please?

Best Answer
It might not charge when the USB is plugged into the computer. You might try plugging the USB into a USB charger in an outlet. After it's fully charged, then you plug it into the computer USB to program it. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for providing the 800 number of Fitbit  Support - they were very helpful and courteous, resolved the setup issue and stayed on the phone for the duration of the process. 

Have a great evening everyone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exact same problem, but no success for me.  There is no battery light or any indication of charge at all with mine.  This has already wasted 4 hours of my life.  I HATE Fitbit.  Will return and spend my money on a proper product from a decent company who actually makes things that work.  Apple comes to mind.  Actually cheap when you consider the time and frustration saved. 

Best Answer
Hmm, try calling Fitbit customer support at https://contact.fitbit.com as it
could just be that that particular product isn't working.
Best Answer
0 Votes

new fitbit alta... trying to set up with ipad 

ipad isn't seeing the fitbit's Bluetooth existance

hit button on charger 3x, shows batt charging icon.

other than this it show "fitbit.com/setup"..

what am I doing wrong? do I have to wait til the fitbit is fully charged?

(tried turning off and on ipads Bluetooth)

... suggesting to fitbit ... an instructional setup video or text vers... cause when the setup isn't going as planned, how the heck do you know what is supposed to be done next... ie. my thoughts of does it need to be charged fully before setup can be done... current level of frustration 7 out of 10.

Best Answer

Charged and showing a full charge.  However, I cannot get anything other than www.fitbit.com/setup to appear on the screen.  Tapping it doing?   What is the secret?  I am very frustrated with this product.  My interface in an Apple IPad won't ISO 11.  I have not been able to get any code number to appear to sync my watch to my IPad.  This should not be that difficult!!!!

Best Answer

I agree 100%!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got help from Customer Service

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

messing with Alta HR for 10 hours....fully charged it just shows the www.fitbit.com/setup screen.  Tried with my iPhone and computer from the app and download to set-up and absolutely nothing.  Fitbit is a total failure in easy set-up or even simple instructions.  Completley frustrated

Best Answer