Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: ATT/Cricket Error 1006

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Everyone,

I've merged a few threads together. Thanks for reaching out to us about your experience.

Our security team regularly monitors traffic to our site, and may temporarily block an IP address if suspicious activity is detected. In most cases, the IP address is unblocked within 48 hours.

We’ve identified an issue with our monitoring service that is preventing the IP blocks from being lifted, and we’re currently investigating a solution. We’ll update this thread once we have more information.

In the meantime, we recommend that you attempt to sync your device from a different connection such as a home wifi network.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit Update: 3/6/19

Hey everyone! 

This IP block issue has now been resolved. I'm now going to close this thread from further comments. If you encounter this again in the future or a new issue pops up we ask that you open a new topic to report. 

Thanks for all your help and cooperation. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
47 REPLIES 47

Hello

Fitbit needs to unblock the Cricket Wireless cellular IP range.  I can no longer sync my Fitbit or go to Fitbit.com when I'm away from home because it says the owner of fitbit.com has banned your IP Address.  I am not using a VPN or proxy.  If you do a who is search on this it shows host name:  mobile-107-77-173-3.mobile.att.net and Owner:  AT&T Wireless.  Please unblock asap!

Thanks

Derek

Screenshot_20190218-093646_Chrome.jpg

Best Answer

Hi @derekmski101

A Fitbit moderator has been notified and should be able to assist you with this matter.

Glad you're with us.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @derekmski101. Hello @Odyssey13.

Thanks for bringing this up.

@derekmski101 This is coming from CloudFlare themselves. If you are running some sort of VPN I'd recommend that you try to turn it off and then log the website once again, that should help.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I received this same message today and I am also on Cricket. I'm aware that it's coming from Cloudfare, however using Cloudfare is FITBIT'S choice. I am not using ANY VPN or rerouting or anything. Just my straight up connection from Cricket. Needless to say this is a huge issue for me since it makes my BRAND NEW device completely unusable, since it can't sync. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit app has logged me out on both android devices, when I try to log in it says user name / password incorrect. If I click 'forgotten password' it says 'password reset has been sent' but no link ever appears in my inbox. Last sync according to fitbit.com was 10.04am yesterday. Very frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @peebs77.

Let me help you figure out what is going on.

In this case I'd recommend that you try to uninstall the app and then install it once again. That should get the app to work correctly and let you log in without any issues.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

My Fitbit logs me out, and now stated invalid password/sign on. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, turned off data and back on. Is the app down?

Best Answer

I have a Fitbit Flex 2 and I cannot login to the app on Android.  Error says incorrect password but I am able to login on the website. I tried changing the password through app and gives error that there is a problem with the server but obviously there is no problem since I can login through the website. 

Best Answer

Hello and welcome to the forums @cianciolo  and @taffy1111

Your posts were moved into this thread where moderator @LanuzaFitbit is helping @peebs77  (hello peebs77!), with the same issue. Read what he suggests and let him know what happens.

Best Answer

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and still have the same issue.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. It started with me getting a sync error when trying to sync my Blaze. I've jumped through these hoops before, so I knew what to do:  log out, uninstall the app, restart my phone, install the app, log in, sync. Except this time there was a problem:  I couldn't log back into the app. You see I was able to log in online with no problem, but when I try to log into the app, I get an error that says, "Invalid email or password". I've run through the able scenario THREE times, but to no avail. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Started getting error 1006 IP banned on Saturday. Not using any VPN or firewall

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello and welcome to the forums @Khuga

By any chance, you using Cricket mobile service? There were two  other members who posted recently with this problem. click to see that thread

A moderator from Fitbit has been notified and should be coming to help you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No I'm using Straight Talk

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you're able to show a screen shot, that might help when the moderator sees your post.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem, I'm using Cricket and I can't use my Fitbit. Please help me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Khuga, great to have you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

Thanks a lot for reporting this and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having this problem.

I'd like to go ahead and notify our team about this and once I get any update, I'll be sure to let you know.

If you need anything else, I'm always around!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Mine  just started working without doing anything.  The only difference was I was on wifi instead of cellular.

Best Answer
You know what... I was also on wifi when I finally got in. 🤔
Best Answer