Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Altar HR won't sync since Tuesday 😠

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since Tuesday my fitbit altar HR will not sync with my Samsung galaxy J3 tried turning phone off, tried resetting fitbit and still nothing. Now I have tried contacting customer support and it's not working. Seriously getting fed up with this. Is anyone else having the same problem? 

Best Answer
41 REPLIES 41

I was unable to sync my Charge 2 with my OnePlus 5 phone running Android 8.0.0 for the past couple days. I made sure the persistent notification was present, and rebooted the phone and the tracker. I tried changing the All-Day Sync, Always Connected, and Keep-Alive Widget options. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. But it would never sync on its own or manually. I tried installing the app on my Lenovo Tab 4 10 Plus tablet running Android 7.1.1, and that synced fine. The data then showed up on my phone OK. The app version was 2.67 (2193253) on both devices. There was no error displayed when I tried to sync.

Fianally, I just now tried something that actually worked. I went into my phone settings and listed the paired Bluetooth devices. I "forgot" the Charge 2 device, tried syncing again, and got an error saying something about the device not being found. So I paired it again, and now it syncs fine on my phone.

Strangely, I do not need to pair the device on my tablet. But I hope this helps some one else here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good news!

Best Answer
0 Votes
🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone I was reading your posts and some of you were experiencing issues to sync your trackers.

Keep in mind that the tracker may not work as is expected with mobile phones that are not listed as compatible. Due to the large number of Android and Windows devices, Fitbit has not yet tested all models o guarantee its functionality. If a device is not listed on our list of compatible devices, it means we haven’t yet tested it. For more details please visit the following article: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

If your mobile phone is not in the list, it would not hurt to try the following suggestions: Having trouble syncing? (here's how to fix this).

See you later.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine worked for a year until recently.

It suddenly synced on Sunday but that was short lived. Monday reverted to non sync mode.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Same as mine!!!! So fed up with this now been well over two weeks and still not sorted

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have same problem..

My phone is Samsung Galaxy Note 4..got everything syncd then yesterday it has stopped....getting a bit fed up with this problem

Best Answer
0 Votes
The issue was that my phone and device synced fine until approx 2 weeks ago.I did not change either one when it stopped syncing.Luckily a friend was able to get it working.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am back on track now...uninstalled app then re-installed and hey presto it worked...

Rosena

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the reply.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine started to work again on the weekend but yesterday when I went to Sync it, it said that the app was updating now it will not Sync 

Best Answer
Did you reset it?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

Yes I did ...I uninstalled it then re-installed & it synced ok...

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes,I did .

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there friends, thank you for keep me posted and I just saw some of you were able to resolved this issue already.

In the case of the Galaxy J3, has been discussions already since despite still is not in our list of Incompatible devices, this phone has shown to be not compatible with Fitbit. So keep in mind the behavior might not be as the one is expected in relation to the functionality with the Fitbit app and its features.

Also if you still have issues to sync, I want to recommend to review the version of the Fitbit app as we have been releasing new updates during the previous week, which contain stability improvements. For more details please refer to this post.

See you later.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
So glad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too.. Last sync since 15 Mar 2018. Also try re-installed & re-connect still unable to resolve.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Aihui, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! I was reading you are unable to re-connect your tracker to your account. In this case I recommend to review the version of your Fitbit app since a new version is available, for more details please review this post.

Once the app is updated to the most recent version, try to pair your tracker again. This post will provide you the necessary steps for this purpose: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?

See you later and stay tuned to our Fitbit Community!

Best Answer
0 Votes
My alto hr has now synced. I let the battery completely run out then set up my device again.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you I did up date. The only way I can get it to work is reset all the
time. After I charge it
Best Answer
0 Votes