Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 2.62 - App logged out (RESOLVED)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 12/21/17

Thanks everyone for their updates! I'm sorry some of you are still having login issues with the Fitbit for Android app. As always, please confirm you are on the latest version of the app, which is currently app version 2.63. Our team is still looking into this login issue. I don't have any new information to share at the moment, but we are still investigating. Thanks for your patience! 

Fitbit Update: 11/28/17

This login issue continues with app version 2.62.1. Our team is aware and still investigating the cause. I will provide an update here when I get new information, or if there is a fix released. Thanks everyone for your patience!

Fitbit Update: 11/21/17 

Hi, everyone! I'm aware users on the latest Fitbit for Android app version 2.62 are having trouble logging in. I have escalated this to our team for further investigation. This was previously happening on version 2.59 and looks to be happening again. Thanks for your patience while the team looks into this! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
72 REPLIES 72

For some reason the FitBit app keeps logging me out. It's been happening for weeks now and it is also occurring with my friend's app too. We both have a Google Pixel / XL. What is the solution for this? Thanks.

Best Answer

same here, also I can't log back in, it tells me mail or password is incorrect

Best Answer

Happening here as well, just logs me out for no discernable reason. 

Best Answer

same here!! I have a gallaxy S6 

I am sure the email and password are correct. I can not reset my password on PC OR cellphone. 

So the flex 2 is temporarily useless.

very frustrated after trying everything (including restarting tracker) several times over the last 2 days

In addition, My PC is not loading the dashboard.

I am a long time customer, this is about my 5th or 6th tracker, but quite frankly you guys need to get your act together. 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

I have the Fitbit Charge 2 and the Samsung S7 on Verizon.   Fitbit App version is 2.56 .  For the last few weeks the for the most part the app works fine. About every third day, upon entering the app, it will shut down or log me out.    Once I log back in, all tile settings needs to be reset and history has be re-down loaded.  This is almost like clock work.  

Is there a setting or fix for this?  

Thanks 

Best Answer

Issue #1:  I have been experiencing the same issues as ASA12 for the past weeks. I have been logged out of my Android app indiscriminantly since upgrading to v.2.55 (about 1 every 5 days). I then upgraded to v.2.56 and have experienced the same issues.

Issue #2:  After each renewed login, the dashboard tiles are scrambled, not retaining my saved configuration.  

Fitbit device: Blaze

Android app: v.2.56

App host:  Samsung S6

Android release: 7.0 (kernel 3.10.61-11094681)

Very frustrating.

Best Answer

Hi JLBit

You're not alone, for several days my app has been living me out and when I go back in it has forgotten any customizations to the screen layout.

Right now that's a lesser concern though as lots of the application no longer work after the android Oreo  update on Google phones.  

I see some of the issues are showing up on Samsung S8's as well.

I'm sure the software team is working as fast as they can to get things back on track.

@JLBit wrote:

For some reason the FitBit app keeps logging me out. It's been happening for weeks now and it is also occurring with my friend's app too. We both have a Google Pixel / XL. What is the solution for this? Thanks.

Best Answer

Hello,

I am having the same problem. My app will randomly log me out, and when I try to log back in, my account is wiped, meaning all of my past steps and stats are gone. Additionally, the app doesn't remember my device. This is the second time this has happened to me in the past month.

I have an iPhone running iOS. My FitBit is a Charge HR.

Before this, I had my FitBit for a year without any problems.

Any idea should would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue and its frustrating because thats how i get notified of my texts while i'm busy without putting my phone's sound and vibrate on. I have an Iphone and I also have been keeping up with my updates so i know its not that. Has anyone gotten a response from customer service?? 

Best Answer

No response from customer service yet... but it is still logging me out frequently as well. 

Best Answer

Same problem on Huawei P8 Android 6.0.

App (v.22.22.54.6)keeps logging off each 36h and forgetting tile settings.

Best Answer

Same here. Every time I go to open the app I have to log back in. Anyone hear of any solutions yet?

Best Answer

I'm on iOS, the fitbit app keeps logging me out and when I try to log back in it says wrong username and password or says

'oops the operation could be completed error 1' 

it's  been happening for more than a month now. Anyone got any feedback? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue for me on iOS, I can log back in, however. Just random log outs. I've tried deleting the app, rebooting my phone, nothing helps.

In addition, I keep having GPS disconnection to my Fitbit Charge 2 mid-ride making having the fit bit almost useless. Please fix this.

Best Answer

Hey, Android users! I'm sorry to hear that you're randomly getting logged out of the Fitbit app. Please make sure you are always updating the app to the latest version. Currently, this is version 2.59. If you are on this version and getting logged out, please let me know what Android mobile device you are using and what OS you are on. That way, I can narrow down who this is mostly affecting. Thanks, everyone! 

@PastryBabe @yoyowashaya @nickw444 Our team is aware this log out issue is also affecting iOS and you can follow this thread for updates! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlessFitbitI am currently seeing this issue; it started occurring in the past few days. I am running version 2.59 of the application on a Nexus 5x with Android 7.x and now (as of tonight) on Android 8.0.

If there is any other information I can provide, please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have the problem that I'm being logged out all the time in no discernable intervals. 

I'm using a Huawei Nova with Android 7.0. 

Fitbit App is Version 2.60. 

I have already tried restarting the phone as well as de- and re-installing the app... No change. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

App version: 2.60.1

Android OS: 6.x

Phone: Galaxy S6 Edge 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlessFitbit,

App updates are pushed to my Nexus 5X automatically. I.E. I am always on the latest available version of all apps. For Fitbit, it sometimes arrives the day after I see it mentioned in a post.

I have been needing to login for several Fitbit app versions now, both before and after upgrading to Oreo. It looks to have started the same time as the others, but not with the same effects. It was occurring on the days I received Fitbit updates, always after it arrived, and sometimes before as well. Starting with 2.60, it has also been occurring on days without Fitbit app updates being received. On 2.60.1 it is still occurring. The last three occurred while I was using the app. One occurred today when my 7 PM CT chime went off. Two recent earlier ones occurred when chimes occurred at 3 AM CT and 11 PM CT. It looks to me that it might be occurring on the hour. In more than 20 years of IT, planned server restarts were set to occur on the hour. Seeing an iOS user on this thread indicating a similar issue, I wonder if that could be part of it.

In my case, it is acting like a reset to the app.

1) Tile locations go back to default.

2) New feature information pages are presented again.

3) Since upgrading to Oreo and turning on the Notification Widget, the widget also stops. It does not restart on login.

4) I need to login. Sometimes the smart lock fails once or twice before I get in. Once smart lock failed three times and a password was needed with a new acceptance of smart lock on the next login. It is the same type of behavior I have seen elsewhere when I am waiting for a server to come back up.

I have been considering contacting support about this. However, you indicate that Support is working on it. The only reason for me to contact them would be to provide information that might help them narrow down where the issue is. I expect that you will pass this on if there is anything useful. Please let me know if I should contact Support myself with the information.

Thank your for your help with this and have a Terrific day!

Best Answer
0 Votes