Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 9.0 (Pie) not able to sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 3/6/19

Hello everyone! 

We have some updated troubleshooting suggestions we'd like for all of you on Android Pie (9.0) to try. 

First, turn off Background Restrictions/Limitations: Phone settings > Apps & Notifications > Fitbit app > Background restrictions or Background limits.

Then, disable battery limitations:

1. Go to Settings > Apps > Fitbit app > Advanced > Battery > Battery optimization
  2. Change view to All apps
  3. Search for Fitbit app
  4. Choose Not optimized

Please give the steps above a try to improve syncing with your Fitbit device and Android 9.0 OS. We're still researching and testing out long-term solutions to this ongoing syncing issue. We thank you for all your patience while we continue to work on this effort.

Fitbit Update: 2/14/19

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all your reports and patience with these Android 9.0 syncing difficulties. We’re aware of this ongoing issue and have been working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track as soon as possible. 

I'll let you know if I receive any additional information on this matter. 

Fitbit Update: 10/3/18 

Hey Everyone!

Our team is still working on implementing a longterm fix for syncing with Android devices on Pie (9.0). 

For the background syncing issue, I have posted an update in the other floated thread which you can find here

We released Fitbit for Android version 2.80 today which contains improvements for that syncing issue. 

I'll make sure to keep you all updated with more information, as soon as I have it available. We're still working on this and I really appreciate everyone's patience. 

Fitbit Update: 9/26/18

Hey everyone! 

Thanks so much for your patience and cooperation. We are aware of the issue and working with Google on a solution.

I will continue to provide updates here, so keep an eye on this thread. 

Fitbit Update: 9/10/18 

Hi, everybody! 

Thanks for your patience while our team continues to work on improving syncing for those on Android Pie (9.0). They are actively working on this and for the time being, I recommend you keep the Fitbit app updated on the latest version for best syncing results. Right now that is version 2.78, so if you're not on this version please update! Also, another troubleshoot we recommend is performing a restart on your phone. 

When there are more improvements made in the future I'll announce them here. Stay tuned and subscribed to this thread. 

Fitbit Update: 8/19/18

We have escalated these syncing issues for those who are now using Android Pie (9.0) to our team for investigation. There aren't any updates at the moment, but rest assured we will keep you informed in this thread when more information is available.

Thanks for your patience! 

Fitbit Update: 8/11/18 

Hi, everyone! Thanks for stopping by the Community Forums. Smiley Happy

Seems like many of you who updated to Android Pie (9.0) are now having trouble syncing your Fitbit trackers. I'm going to escalate this to our team so they can look into it.

In the meantime, please update the Fitbit app to version 2.76.1 if you haven't yet. Let me know if that changes the syncing behavior. Please follow this thread for updates. I'll keep you all posted here! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
2,479 REPLIES 2,479

I agree. After so many posts telling us the team is working on it, we've become doubtful any progress is being made.

I can guarantee you if this were a problem for iPhone users there would be an immediate fix.

We are the consumers and it isn't unrealistic of us to ask the company when they will address this issue. 

Best Answer

I'm not sure because some devices are still without compatibility with MacOS.Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 19.06.46.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau against Fitbit over this. It's unreasonable and unacceptable that they aren't delivering a fix nor a timeline for resolution. I referred to this thread as evidence. We'll see if anything comes of it, but Fitbit has an alarming number of complaints overall on the site. 

Best Answer

A  recommendation for the Fitbit team is to bring the developers here to us and have them work directly with us using debug builds etc. so that we can help speed up the resolution time.

Best Answer

@LanuzaFitbit Just to reiterate what @Keanen has stated, we should be communicating with the developers on this issue that way we can work directly with them for debug builds and etc. as to speed up the resolution time. This has been a problem for a while now and if Fitbit really cared about it I think more would have been done to speed up this process. That's just my opinion on how a reputable company should function........

Best Answer
I finally downgraded the Fitbit app to 2.74.2 on my Pixel running Pie (9)
and I can sync perfectly now. Now it's up to Fitbit to fix their broken
app. If it ain't broke (as in the older app version), please don't fix it.
Best Answer

My account is linked to my healcare Vitality and I'm losing weekly benefits... Cinema tickets, Starbucks coffee and not only that, the whole point of having the tracker in the first place is pointless... What's going on? 

Best Answer

How is this not fixed yet? It's been like a month.

I normally don't reply or comment but this is just stupid, I am thinking off moving towards other fitness tracker. Such a bad dev team.

Best Answer

Just thought I'd throw an update of my own in.

Still having no issue syncing with Pie on my Pixel 1 with my Versa (app and firmware latest version) and it's been working as expected in regards to syncing and notifications.

I was able to use connected GPS longer than previously mentioned if I had the FitBit app open as well as turning off battery saving mode and battery optimisation.

However, after about 2km the connected GPS lost connection and I had to unlock my phone in order for it to reconnect, which is annoying.

I'm glad that I can sync with my phone and the syncing issues are fixed but I'd like the connected GPS to work a little more.

Otherwise very happy with the fix so far.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Evan, Can you please post instructions as to how to do a downgrade and where to find the old version? Thanks for the help!

Best Answer

Is this a Pixel problem or an Android problem? I have a Pixel 2 & have been unable to sync same as everyone else (no problem on my laptop or old Galaxy Tablet). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think it may be a combination of an Android and a Pixel problem - Pie did seem to bugger a few things up for Pixels (removed fast charge for one thing).

However, my Pixel 1 has been syncing with my Versa fine since the last update that FitBit rolled out a few weeks back that fixed the syncing issue. So I'm not really sure what the issue is now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Using this version is not working on my OnePlus 6 with Android Pie. I'm wondering if there's some issues between phone models on Android Pie?

Best Answer

This worked for me on a Pixel XL 2 running Android 9 (Pie).

I did have to reboot the phone after the install.

2 hours of synchronizing ... 2 hours more than I've had in a long time.

I hope FitBit is reading these posts.  Thanks to everyone's help they should now be able to zero in on the problem code and release a working version.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbitI think the problem here is that we keep being told (by all the official FitBit people) that "We'll be told when there are updates". What we'd like to know is the status, even if there AREN'T any updates. For example, has the FitBit team Android team been able to recreate the problem? If not, that would at least be an update to all of us. If so, even if the answer is "We've seen this happen, but have no idea why", that would again be a piece of information showing there's some interest in the problem.

You have to understand that when all we get is "No updates yet" for weeks at a time on what seems to be a pretty pervasive problem, it starts to come across as "We haven't tried and really don't care".

Best Answer

Hi guys, I found that this solution worked for me using a Charge 2 on Android Pie (Oneplus 6 Oxygen 9.0)

1. Forget my Fitbit in Android Bluetooth settings.
  2. Open the Fitbit app (currently on version 2.79) and start the sync process. It will say “looking…”
  3. While it is looking for your device, quickly go to Android Bluetooth settings, choose Pair New Device, and select the tracker as if to pair it for the first time.
  4. Switch back to the app and the sync process should complete.

Best Answer
Well done!

This worked first time!

Thank you
Best Answer

Interesting. My Zip doesn't show up in the "Previously connected devices" and it doesn't seem to pair; when I select it to pair, it goes grey and says "Pairing..." but then becomes black text and remains in the "Available devices". If I go back into the BlueTooth menu to try and pair again, it doesn't show up.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@meherenow@peter0785

Can you guys please update us later on whether that continues to sync
consistently?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, but your suggestion didn't work on my Pixel 1 with Android Pie.  I haven't been able to sync my Fitbit and Pixel since Pie was installed on my phone nearly 7 weeks ago.   Thankfully I still have an old Samsung S2 tablet that I can sync my Fitbit with.... 

Best Answer
0 Votes