Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 9.0 (Pie) not able to sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 3/6/19

Hello everyone! 

We have some updated troubleshooting suggestions we'd like for all of you on Android Pie (9.0) to try. 

First, turn off Background Restrictions/Limitations: Phone settings > Apps & Notifications > Fitbit app > Background restrictions or Background limits.

Then, disable battery limitations:

1. Go to Settings > Apps > Fitbit app > Advanced > Battery > Battery optimization
  2. Change view to All apps
  3. Search for Fitbit app
  4. Choose Not optimized

Please give the steps above a try to improve syncing with your Fitbit device and Android 9.0 OS. We're still researching and testing out long-term solutions to this ongoing syncing issue. We thank you for all your patience while we continue to work on this effort.

Fitbit Update: 2/14/19

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all your reports and patience with these Android 9.0 syncing difficulties. We’re aware of this ongoing issue and have been working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track as soon as possible. 

I'll let you know if I receive any additional information on this matter. 

Fitbit Update: 10/3/18 

Hey Everyone!

Our team is still working on implementing a longterm fix for syncing with Android devices on Pie (9.0). 

For the background syncing issue, I have posted an update in the other floated thread which you can find here

We released Fitbit for Android version 2.80 today which contains improvements for that syncing issue. 

I'll make sure to keep you all updated with more information, as soon as I have it available. We're still working on this and I really appreciate everyone's patience. 

Fitbit Update: 9/26/18

Hey everyone! 

Thanks so much for your patience and cooperation. We are aware of the issue and working with Google on a solution.

I will continue to provide updates here, so keep an eye on this thread. 

Fitbit Update: 9/10/18 

Hi, everybody! 

Thanks for your patience while our team continues to work on improving syncing for those on Android Pie (9.0). They are actively working on this and for the time being, I recommend you keep the Fitbit app updated on the latest version for best syncing results. Right now that is version 2.78, so if you're not on this version please update! Also, another troubleshoot we recommend is performing a restart on your phone. 

When there are more improvements made in the future I'll announce them here. Stay tuned and subscribed to this thread. 

Fitbit Update: 8/19/18

We have escalated these syncing issues for those who are now using Android Pie (9.0) to our team for investigation. There aren't any updates at the moment, but rest assured we will keep you informed in this thread when more information is available.

Thanks for your patience! 

Fitbit Update: 8/11/18 

Hi, everyone! Thanks for stopping by the Community Forums. Smiley Happy

Seems like many of you who updated to Android Pie (9.0) are now having trouble syncing your Fitbit trackers. I'm going to escalate this to our team so they can look into it.

In the meantime, please update the Fitbit app to version 2.76.1 if you haven't yet. Let me know if that changes the syncing behavior. Please follow this thread for updates. I'll keep you all posted here! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
2,479 REPLIES 2,479

Not working with my charge 3 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same for me. After Android 9 update (nokia 😎 I had to repair fitbit versa with phone's bluetooth and ot started to work again

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly the same with mi Xiaomi mi 8 just updated to android 9

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same on Flex 2 @ Nokia 8 Android Pie

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still happening. Yesterday I received the official update to Android 9, and I applied it in my Xiaomi A2. Since then, my Fitbit Flex 2 doesn't sync (bluetooth issues). The workaround I read in several places doesn't work either... 

We're talking about an official update... Should have been prepared for that

I've also read the tracker can save up to 7 days of data...

Is there an expected time for the fix? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here with Versa.

Everything used to work perfectly before I received a software update for my Xiaomi Pocophone on Sunday. Today my fitbit is unable to sync and presents bluetooth connectivity issues.

I tried re-installing the app, turning bluetooth on/off, rebooting watch and phone, but none of them worked.

Looking forward to suggestions/help as I do not want to jump off the Fitbit boat. User experience has been magnificent so far.

Can anybody from the customer support comment, when there will be updates available which may fix the problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

See reply above dude. 

Not ideal but if you have a laptop with Bluetooth u can at least sync Ur data

Best Answer

Ok, don't know exactly how, but think I got fixed in my device... Can't guarantee it works for everybody, but...

In the phone bluetooth settings, I unpaired the brand; then, with the app opened, try to sync (click "Sync Now" in the top right icon, the brand section); and during the syncing, change to bluetooth settings and  pair it again.

It worked at first attempt, and seems to be working since then....

Hope it helps someone else

Best Answer
I can't believe I have had the Android pie issue and now my new charge will
do nothing but frown and smile at me. No joke.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothing you can do. stop using your fitbit, send it back or change your
phone.

--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Let us know when the fix will be available. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Xiaomi Mi A2 and synching worked with Android Oreo. Today came the update with Android Pie and synching stopped working.

This is what I tried:

- Reinstalled the Android App (2.84)

- Reset the app data

- Reset Versa to factory defaults

- Reset the network settings

- Turning off the adaptive battery mode

Nothing of the above helped. My current workaround is to sync using my Windows PC.

Fitbit device: Versa 32.33.1.30

Fitbit app: 2.84

Smartphone: Xiaomi Mi A2, Android 9

Edit: Fixed specs and updated list of things I tried.

Edit 2: My Versa got the 3.0 update.

Best Answer

Also not a bad idea to delete Bluetooth pairing as well, when removing and reinstalling app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Telling the phone to forget the tracker on it's Bluetooth is a good idea.

Removing the Fitbit from your account is s bad idea. Why tell Fitbit your not going to use the tracker when you want to use it.

The app needs to know what tracker is connected to your account so that it may sync, or try to sync. Removing the tracker at best will add additional steps,  however it usually adds more problems.

One problem with having a phone that has not been fully tested by Fitbit is that Fitbit hasn't fully tested and worked out the problems. Running the lastest OS then adds more problems.

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue wrote:

[snip]

One problem with having a phone that has not been fully tested by Fitbit is that Fitbit hasn't fully tested and worked out the problems. Running the lastest OS then adds more problems.

fixed that for you.

Best Answer

That want a fix at all

Best Answer
0 Votes
Check my post, I got it working with my mi a2.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the suggestion! I downloaded the Fitbit app to my laptop (running on Windows 10) and it synced my last couple weeks of data from my Fitbit Zip...and then that synced with my Fitbit app on my OnePlus 6t phone...which synced with my Weight Watchers activity tracker on my phone. PHEW. Not ideal, but an interim fix so I can keep the data until they get the Pie 9.0 fix figured out.

For some reason, my Fitbit Aria scale has had no problem syncing! Technology.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Turning off the adaptive battery mode didn't work for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After update my pocophone to android 9, I start with sync error. Turn on computer, go to community forum, read Jordif post, try and it works for me.

I have a Ionic with 27.32 firmware (I receive today upgrade message, but not updated yet)

Best Answer
0 Votes