Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 9.0 (Pie) not able to sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 3/6/19

Hello everyone! 

We have some updated troubleshooting suggestions we'd like for all of you on Android Pie (9.0) to try. 

First, turn off Background Restrictions/Limitations: Phone settings > Apps & Notifications > Fitbit app > Background restrictions or Background limits.

Then, disable battery limitations:

1. Go to Settings > Apps > Fitbit app > Advanced > Battery > Battery optimization
  2. Change view to All apps
  3. Search for Fitbit app
  4. Choose Not optimized

Please give the steps above a try to improve syncing with your Fitbit device and Android 9.0 OS. We're still researching and testing out long-term solutions to this ongoing syncing issue. We thank you for all your patience while we continue to work on this effort.

Fitbit Update: 2/14/19

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all your reports and patience with these Android 9.0 syncing difficulties. We’re aware of this ongoing issue and have been working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track as soon as possible. 

I'll let you know if I receive any additional information on this matter. 

Fitbit Update: 10/3/18 

Hey Everyone!

Our team is still working on implementing a longterm fix for syncing with Android devices on Pie (9.0). 

For the background syncing issue, I have posted an update in the other floated thread which you can find here

We released Fitbit for Android version 2.80 today which contains improvements for that syncing issue. 

I'll make sure to keep you all updated with more information, as soon as I have it available. We're still working on this and I really appreciate everyone's patience. 

Fitbit Update: 9/26/18

Hey everyone! 

Thanks so much for your patience and cooperation. We are aware of the issue and working with Google on a solution.

I will continue to provide updates here, so keep an eye on this thread. 

Fitbit Update: 9/10/18 

Hi, everybody! 

Thanks for your patience while our team continues to work on improving syncing for those on Android Pie (9.0). They are actively working on this and for the time being, I recommend you keep the Fitbit app updated on the latest version for best syncing results. Right now that is version 2.78, so if you're not on this version please update! Also, another troubleshoot we recommend is performing a restart on your phone. 

When there are more improvements made in the future I'll announce them here. Stay tuned and subscribed to this thread. 

Fitbit Update: 8/19/18

We have escalated these syncing issues for those who are now using Android Pie (9.0) to our team for investigation. There aren't any updates at the moment, but rest assured we will keep you informed in this thread when more information is available.

Thanks for your patience! 

Fitbit Update: 8/11/18 

Hi, everyone! Thanks for stopping by the Community Forums. Smiley Happy

Seems like many of you who updated to Android Pie (9.0) are now having trouble syncing your Fitbit trackers. I'm going to escalate this to our team so they can look into it.

In the meantime, please update the Fitbit app to version 2.76.1 if you haven't yet. Let me know if that changes the syncing behavior. Please follow this thread for updates. I'll keep you all posted here! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
2,479 REPLIES 2,479

@Rich_Laue tell us more about the fix for android pie

Best Answer

Install version 3.5

Best Answer

I am already running version 3.5......

Best Answer

I have version 3.5 it still does not recieve my text messages, so I give up and am looking at Amazfit!

Best Answer

What is going with these so called moderators , they remove a post saying you violated them , then you reply to the message , after 3 weeks still no reply , They can remove your post , but don't have the guts to answer the person when they ask the reason for been vioalted . This is one of the best examples of ways to handle clients issues , This will also be removed as I violated the FITBIT  God laws and insulted all his minions , but come on when you get told they will respond to you 2  weeks later and stil no response , I appreciate a response when ever you have finished violating other user @LizzyFitbit

To add to this , we returned the fitbit on the 22/08 and was confirmed by fitbit that is was received that day, they then advised the refund would take 5-10 working days to be refunded , we contacted the manager at FIT , who then advised us that it was 2-3 business weeks for the refund , this morning we called again to be told no the refund had not been done yet, make up you mind FITBIT which is it ? You can't hold on to people money and lie directly to them and tell them its been refunded . I know for a fact it can take up to 10 working days for the refund to take place, so the whole FITbit needs training on how to issue the refund and the correct information been provided

This is the last FITBIT I will ever lay my hands on and will take all the business I have given to them once our meeting takes place about suppliers of activity and health and wellness

Best Answer

Worked for me first time on Nokia 8 with an iconic! Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Version 3.5 of what? 

Best Answer

I had an amazfit before getting my versa used from a friend. I had it about 8 months and the whole face fell off. I am a dog groomer so my hands are always in water so this could be why but I haven't had an issue with any other smart watch til that one. 

Best Answer

I was just checking in and it looks like they still haven't gotten their app working on Android 9, even though 9's been out for a year and 10 has just been officially released...which is what I'm now running. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad......wait who am I kidding? It's still funny as hell LMAO!!!

Best Answer

Lol oh yes!!! I've got the new Samsung S10 5G and it still doesn't sinc and notifications well! I've got a notification for FITBIT they can stick it where the sun doesn't shine! I'm saving for the Samsung watch. Their customer service is the worst!! It is so bad its comical! Lol

Best Answer

The SAMSUNG GALAXY S10 has still Android version 9.0 (Pie) installed. Wait for version 10. Android users who installed the 10 beta version can sync and get notifications from their Fitbit trackers. So there is hope at the horizon!?

Martin
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the uodate. I gave up and threw mine away 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

This is one of the most dispicable companies I have ever dealt with . I returned my fitbit back on the 22 August and still no refund , what an absolute joke ,now have to explain to the agent what has happened and he will look into  , he now asked us what date did we request the refund, all that is on their systems. I am calling my credit card company to report this as fraud as its been 14 working days and FITBIT has not refunded my money .  Can't wait to tell all my friends and family who swear by FITBIT

Best Answer

Good luck with getting your money back. Fitbit are a disgrace!!!! I'm telling everyone I can, they have a lot to answer for as a company! If I swear on here they will reply, if not they have just ignored me! Cant wait to get my new Samsung watch!!! 

Best Answer
Thanks , case logged as fraud with credit card company , reported to tradding standards as well , what they fail to realise , is that we keep their business going, if we all just pack up and leave them , they loose it all and have to close down . Really sad that they don't see it like that
Best Answer

@OhBessy the sit it app is now on version 3.5. 

@Crazy-Fritter their have been many positive posts about 3.50 fixing several major issues on Android 9

Best Answer

Zip is syncing on my Pixel 3 after getting Android 10. Thank you Google for fixing what Fitbit broke.

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue wrote:

@OhBessy the sit it app is now on version 3.5. 

@Crazy-Fritter their have been many positive posts about 3.50 fixing several major issues on Android 9

I have 3.5 and it syncs ok sometimes.  It'll sync a couple of times a day on its own.  If I manually sync, I can generally get it to work.  Every once in a while I have to shut off Bluetooth and turn it back on or reboot my phone.  That's what I do when it just says that it is looking, but not finding the phone.  It does this even though I have the phone right next to the watch.

I know.  This is nothing new.  The has been happening for many months now.

What doesn't work and has not worked for a long time is notifications.  My watch simply will not do notifications, no matter what I do to try and make it work.

3.5 did not fix notifications for me.  I am on a Note 8 and there is likely no chance at all that it will ever see Android 10.  Given Fitbit's inability and/or lack of desire to fix these longstanding issues, I suppose that I will never really see any improvement.  Fitbit should realize what a bad idea it is to just wait it out until everyone upgrades their phones to ones that can support Android 10.  People are upgrading phones less frequently now, opting to keep perfectly functioning devices for longer.  More and more people are going to be stuck on Android 9 and are going to start to just give up on Fitbit as a company.

My wife and I are two of those people.  We both have Note 8s that we are keeping for the foreseeable future and we both have been longtime Fitbit users with our current watches being Ionics.  Neither of us will continue with Fitbit after these die.  Given Fitbit's propensity for creating watches that don't stand the test of time, it shouldn't be long now.

Best Answer

How did you get the update ?? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Update: 9/12/19

Hi Everyone! 

At this time, we'd like to announce that we've made major improvements on the back-end to Android syncing. This thread has been running for a year now and the time has come to close it from further discussion since these changes have been implemented. 

The changes that I've mentioned were made to improve syncing across the Android platform, not just for OS Pie 9.0 specifically. To ensure you're receiving the best results, we recommend staying up-to-date on the latest Fitbit app version. As of today, you should all have version 3.5 downloaded on your mobile devices.

With the changes that Google made since the release of Pie last year, we've done what we could on our end to manage and maintain the best syncing experience. In addition, Google has now started the release of Android 10 which some of you have mentioned is working better for you. Please keep in mind the text notification issues with the sender's name or call notifications showing as 'unknown' are separate from this and will be tracked here

Thanks for your cooperation throughout this process. If you need to report a new issue, we always welcome you to start a new topic. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer