Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android App keeps showing privacy reminder

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Every time I close and re-open the app, I get shown the privacy reminder; it takes you to settings to verify your choices and then once you tap back to go to the dashboard, there is a further confirmation to agree. This happens every time I open the app.

I've tried various fixes found on this forum like logging out of the app and logging back in but none have worked.

It seems to have coincided with going abroad on holiday, but that may be coincidence.

Has anyone else experienced this recently and do you know any fixes?

Update

This also happens even if I leave the app running in the background all the time.

Best Answer
115 REPLIES 115

Also have this issue. I am returning fitbit user, haven't used my account in a couple of years. On a Samsung Galaxy S21+ updated to newest Android version. Tried clearing data and cache for the Fitbit app (ver. 3.66). Also tried logging out of account and in again. Still get the privacy settings screen I have to accept, then the settings page, then another warning I have to accept before I can use the app.

Best Answer

Hi Same issue for me when I go abroad. No fix available from Fitbit. There is a workaround. You will need to install a VPN app and connect to your home country server.. Worked for me. Good luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! Is there any update on this? I've now had this problem ever since I got my Fitbit about a month ago. I live in Norway and have the newest version of the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No Official update yet. Apparently it works if you connect to VPN and set
the location of the country you bought it from. I am yet to try that let's
see what happens.

Atharva S. Naik
Best Answer
0 Votes

No update received from Fitbit. The VPN workaround purely covers the issue when the privacy reminder is displayed and you are abroad. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. Welcome to all newcomers!

Thanks for sharing the current status of your situation. A few posts behind I read a suggestion that might help you all. Thank you very much 

@Pixy37 for the suggestion and welcome to the forums.

Please rest assured that this has been reported already and Fitbit is working on getting this resolved. We appreciate your feedback and patience regarding this matter.

I wish you all an amazing weekend. Have a good one everyone!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still having the problem.  App is up to date.  Tried logging out and back in again.  Crazy that this is dragging on for so long.

I am from the UK.  Currently on holiday in Italy, but the issue started before I came out here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've also been having the same issue. I usually use a VPN on my phone and can confirm that the issue goes away if I set my VPN location to UK (where I'm based), instead of another country.

Though, as soon as I change location, the issue starts again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Using version 3.67 on the Pixel 4a, this fault still occurs. Started when I arrived in Europe, as per others here. It means the data won't sync with other apps until I agree to all screens then force it manually (and then it works occasionally)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Privacy policy and settings are displayed every time I start the app. It needs twice to accept to display the app. Even if I minimize the app, or open another app on top, when back to Fitbit I have to start again with the privacy policy.

It is very annoying. If someone think that it enphasises in this way the privacy policy, it is wrong. It just suggest that something is out of control. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much. It worked for me too. Have a samsung galaxy s10e and my boyfriend an iphone. Logged in the in the iphone, accepted and logged out. Worked perfectly:) 

Might not be an country or location issue but a android issue.

Best,

Eva

Best Answer
0 Votes

For one month, they pretend to be working on a solution to the problem. Terrible company.

Best Answer

I've been experiencing this annoying issue for 2 months now. No resolution on their end. I've  heard VPN works but that makes it more hassle though just to open the fitbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased my charge 5 yesterday and I also have this issue now...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everybody, I've managed to it. I registered a new account via web. During the registration (web interface) I was suggested to approve the privacy rules. Then I logged in the Android app. Again, the approve of the privacy rules. That's it - I'm happy.

Best Answer

Hello!

Welcome to all new members in the community. Thanks for reaching out regarding this situation. Please rest assured this has been reported and Fitbit is working on a solution. 

@SunsetRunner Thank you very much for the steps that helped you resolve this. If anyone else manages to resolve this with mramberal1´s suggestion, please confirm. Thanks in advance. 

Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

This is still happening for me. I've changed phones and the problem still persists.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not a new user and have been having this issue for quite a while. Every time I open the app. @RodrigoMFitbit why would I try to solve it with creating new account? I have been a user for several years. Just tell developers to fix that **ahem** app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also experiencing this. I live in the EU, originally signed up with Fitbit from the UK. This stops happening if I connect to wifi or use a VPN terminating at UK or US - none of which is ideal.

------------

To clarify this comes back as soon as I disconnect from WiFi/VPN 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here on Pixel 5

Best Answer
0 Votes