Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Dashboard Redesign Feedback

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 04/24/2017: Hi everyone -- Our Android team appreciates everyone's feedback in this thread and are working to fully implement the new Android Dashboard in the upcoming 2.48 release.

I am closing this thread as all feedback has been captured and reviewed by our team. Thanks again for all of your constructive feedback as we continue to improve Fitbit products and services.

Fitbit Update 10/04/2016: Hello Android Community! Some of you may have took notice that your Fitbit app has updated and you now have the option to view the new Android Dashboard (see screenshot below).

andrrroiiiidd.pngThe new Dashboard design for Android is currently only available to our external closed beta group. We currently have the beta group closed, but some of you old school Fitbit beta users, were able to get in before we closed the group to the public.

For those of you in the beta, feel free to share your feedback so I can pass it along. I will have a more concrete timeline of official release to share with everyone when I get a confirmed date. We're taking our time to make sure the features are all working up-to-par. Thank you in advance for the feedback!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
486 REPLIES 486

@DChase wrote:
Thanks but you should not have to do all that when the old version kept it on to let you see. Anyway I found the way to change back to the old version.

Make sure to disable automatic updates for the app. 

Best Answer
Fitbit will do whatever they want. They never listen to the very people that made them so popular. Our only option is to find a different product. I for one have had to have my surge replaced 6 times in a year because the band peels away from the watch face. It's time to start looking at Garmin. Bye bye fitbit.
Best Answer
And I almost forgot the new dashboard doesn't really work. The step total is wrong. I have to wait for the next day and then look at previous day for the correct total. The current total steps always reads 10,393. Not sure why companies insist on changing things that worked just fine.
Best Answer
I've come to the same conclusion. It has been quite a revelation to find how unresponsive they are to what they don't want to hear. I've sorted my problem but without their help. When help was given it was clear they had ignored what I said. I understand the iPhone community has been doing battle for5 months over the new app but of course fitbit knows best. Some other device next time.
Best Answer
I think it is the fact that we now have to click on something to navigate to another page whereas we could just get the information on the dashboard in the past. Advancements should not make things more difficult to us.
Best Answer
How can you say you listen when I understand the iPhone community have been protesting against the new app for 5 months. If you'd listened you would not have continued to roll it out. Next time I look for a tracker it won't be a fitbit after this terrible experience.
Best Answer
How do i revert back to the old daahboard? I really do not like this new design!
Best Answer
Settings, advanced settings, switch to old dashboard. Good luck.
Best Answer

@Poo wrote:
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Regain-Lost-Features-Android-Dashboard/idi-p/165...

Hi guys, this thread should be being moderated in theory but any real views only get heard by using the feature requests. Hope my link works but the thread is on main menu if not. Please add your votes to my request as creating new requests splits the votes. You can add comments if mine doesn't cover your issue.

For those with specific issues which don't seem widespread I'd log a help ticket thingy with the support staff as it's likely to be quicker and might be device related.
Hope that helps 🙂
Helen

Just trying to keep this link where new posters can find it. Helen

Moderator edit: format

User since 2012One, Blaze, Android
Also occ posting as Blokeypoo
Best Answer
0 Votes

So far I am liking the new dashboard look on the android app, but it would be nice if we could change the background either color or add a picture that way it wouldn't be quite so bright.  It would also be nice if the app made a noise for when someone in some of the group challanges I am in so then I could respond or at least know that someone said something.  I don't like missing conversations with my friends in the challanges, but because it doesn't make a noise I miss them and it can be hours before I see it and respond.

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I like the new dashboard design, too, @Ronni783, and I'm glad they finally rolled it out. I personally don't need any more notifications on my phone, but I can see your point about missing conversations on challenges. You may want to go to the Feature Suggestions board and do a search to see if there is already a request to add this feature, and vote for it if there is. If there isn't already a feature request for it, feel free to add it.

Best Answer

I really liked the old android app better.....I don't see this as a significant improvement plus it takes four or five tries to get it to sync.....kind of annoying.

Best Answer
Updated app only change UI design. didn't improve sync and connection. I always had been connection error. New version can't know what error was found on syncing. And I had a big problem, that is app close by unfortunately error messages. That why ? I hope to more improve sync and connection via fitbit devices and phone.
Best Answer

Mine has never Not Synced, @christinecf, so I'm not sure that is a problem with the app. Probably more of a handshake problem between the phone and the tracker. Sometimes mine takes a few minutes to sync, until the Bluetooth finds it and connects, but it always syncs. Have you turned on Always Connected in your tracker's setup to see if that improves the sucess of syncing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't like the look of the new app either.

The one with horizontal lines works perfectly well for me, because I can rearrange the lines as I wish and take in all daily information before me in one glance.

My biggest gripe with the new design is that the new circles leavetoo much of the screen space blank: lots of room is wasted. The main screen is very white, which is not good on eyes. The main circle is too large -- I would have less problem with this if the circles might be of equal size and arranged in columns, in a pattern like this ::

I don't like the intrusive blue PLUS button at the right bottom corner, it's not intiutive and it keeps getting in the way of the information on the right bottom circle.

Overall, this new design feels cumbersome to me, less informative and more fiddly.

Please don't force this change and allow users using the old app look if they prefer it.

Best Answer

Wrong post

Best Answer
0 Votes
I do have it set up for all day sync but this problem just surfaced with the updated app. Weird.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have All Day Sync enabled, @christinecf, but I do have Always Connected enabled.

Best Answer

Greetings everyone! Wow, this is a fast growing thread. Cat TongueCat LOL While, all changes feel uncomfortable in the beginning I can assure you guys that in the long run you get used to it and all changes are good. Fitbit is always striving to improve trackers and services, based on your opinions and ideas. 

Therefore, we have the Feature Suggestion board where you can make your voices heard. I see @Poo has shared with the rest of us an idea on "Regain Lost Features Android Dashboard". Please try to channel all these discomforts into constructive feedback so we can all learn from each other.

I can give you my personal opinion back from when the iOS Dashboard tiles changed as well. First I felt lost, didn't know what to do how to check my stats or how to log my exercise. However, this changed as soon as I started to interact with my new dashboard. In the beginning it was truly crazy but I got used to it and now I love the look of it! Heart

Cheers! 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

@Purpletaztwo @Teatimesmitty & @Poo thanks for all of your feedback guys! I know change is difficult in the beginning, messy in the middle but truly beautiful in the end. I encourage you to make your voices heard in the Feature Suggestion board. The suggestion posted by @Poo is a great way to gain our devs and engineers attention. 

Good luck guys! 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes