Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Dashboard Redesign Feedback

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 04/24/2017: Hi everyone -- Our Android team appreciates everyone's feedback in this thread and are working to fully implement the new Android Dashboard in the upcoming 2.48 release.

I am closing this thread as all feedback has been captured and reviewed by our team. Thanks again for all of your constructive feedback as we continue to improve Fitbit products and services.

Fitbit Update 10/04/2016: Hello Android Community! Some of you may have took notice that your Fitbit app has updated and you now have the option to view the new Android Dashboard (see screenshot below).

andrrroiiiidd.pngThe new Dashboard design for Android is currently only available to our external closed beta group. We currently have the beta group closed, but some of you old school Fitbit beta users, were able to get in before we closed the group to the public.

For those of you in the beta, feel free to share your feedback so I can pass it along. I will have a more concrete timeline of official release to share with everyone when I get a confirmed date. We're taking our time to make sure the features are all working up-to-par. Thank you in advance for the feedback!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
486 REPLIES 486
Wow. Just wow.

And whats funny is that I uploaded version 2.38 of the FitBit Android app to a file sharing site to make it easier to help my friends, family and co-workers who want to change back to the more useful version. But it's been downloaded over 10,000 times since the more recent version of the app was introduced. And the number keeps climbing. And I'm not the only one who uploaded that version. It's in a bunch of places to download. So obviously a lot of people prefer the better version.
Best Answer
Well that's not condescending at all...

I am not lost or confused. I know where to find everything. I, and it seems many others, am unhappy with the loss of functionality the new dashboard has caused.

And, on a childish note, I miss the smiley faces.
Best Answer

"While, all changes feel uncomfortable in the beginning I can assure you guys that in the long run you get used to it and all changes are for good."

Excuse me but this is just plain wrong.

The users are not spoiled childs who cannot understand that eating broccoli is for their own good.

Many people have repeatedly stated that they find the new design lacking old functionality and convenience.

The fact that, in the new design, I cannot arrange the new tiles in the way convenient to me on one screen, is not my imagination. The fact that I can't add extra details about my calories or workouts without additional scrolling or tapping elsewhere, is a fact, it's not my imagination. More taps to get the same information as in the old design is a fact, it's not my imagination.

I don't get "lost" in the new design or have no idea how to do the same things in the new design as in the old one, it's simply not convenient for me to use, for my purposes, for my areas of interest. I don't care for a "look", I care for an easy access to the daily information of my choosing.

Please don't be so condescending of the dissatisfaction, which has been poured out on these pages.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

@MariamV wrote:

Greetings everyone! Wow, this is a fast growing thread. Cat TongueCat LOL While, all changes feel uncomfortable in the beginning I can assure you guys that in the long run you get used to it and all changes are good. Fitbit is always striving to improve trackers and services, based on your opinions and ideas. 

Therefore, we have the Feature Suggestion board where you can make your voices heard. I see @Poo has shared with the rest of us an idea on "Regain Lost Features Android Dashboard". Please try to channel all these discomforts into constructive feedback so we can all learn from each other. 

Then what was the point of making this "Android Dashboard Redesign Feedback" thread if you want us posting our feedback somewhere else?  

It sounds to me like the moderators are uncomfortable with all of this negative feedback and don't know how to handle unhappy customers.

Best Answer

@MariamV
I have been using the new dash in IOS and since it was given to me early as a beta user, so quite some time, I am insulted by your patronising response.

I'm not a child moaning that my crayons have been taken, I'm an adult who bought an expensive item with functions which have effectively been lost or changed to the point of being useless.
I posted here as asked, I also asked way back if I needed to do a feature request, no response so I started one anyway.
I have been beyond polite and kept my feedback constructive and without anger, well done on making me feel really stupid for being so balanced and reasonable. That's quite a skill.

User since 2012One, Blaze, Android
Also occ posting as Blokeypoo
Best Answer

And like others I have reverted to the old dash now, because it works.

Best Answer
Hi,
I use my Fitbit Blaze for completely different reasons than most.
I am suffering chronic pain and chronic depression thanks to a workplace injury. As a result my needs are different.

I am using the app on a BlackBerry Passport and so far it works very well on my phone. The new version seems more stable on my phone, and the syncing seems consistent where as the previous I often had to turn off bluetooth and get the app to sync, and when it asks to turn on bluetooth, I turned it back on and clicked the ok button. Otherwise it's a rock solid app on my phone.

I ask one thing... please do not add google services to the app. It is not needed and it causes problems on BlackBerrys.

I do like the new look app, and I also dislike it.
I share the general consensus that the missing data is a bad thing, and I dislike the inability to move modules to the above section. Heart beat for me is the most important module and if I could, I would move it to the top.
I am on some heavy duty meds and monitoring my body for signs they are having side effects that I may not directly notice, but the fitbit does.

I also need it for the same reasons that everyone else does. I have put on 50kg since the injury, as I am not as mobile as I was previously. So I need to try and lose weight without causing more pain. I am currently taking the strongest pain meds that I can take outside of hospital. I even spent a week in hospital on iv Ketamine, and that didn't do much, and that's called a horse tranquilliser.

I barely eat, but I still put on weight. Thankfully with the help of my Fitbit I have stopped gaining weight. I am told I need to eat more to lose weight. More frequently as I generally only eat once a day.

I wish my Fitbit was water proof as I am doing gentle exercises in a pool and it would be great to keep track of my figures in the pool as well.

I saw a post way above with screen prints of both versions and I disagree with the comment that we read left to right and not top to bottom. We read left to right and top to bottom. For example: if I were to creat a table in MS Excel and set the table to read left to right, then the same table, but top to bottom, the top to bottom is way easier to read and retain information than the left to right. Try it and see that I am right.

Ultimately both versions have advantages and disadvantages, and with the app being beta tested, and our feedback listened to, and the features asked for by the majority given consideration and hopefully implemented, then when the app is in final release, it will hopefully reflect what us, the users want, then it will be an excellent app.

I would love to see some features for those like myself who use our Fitbits for health reasons rather than the current fitness orientated design. Maybe consider working with other health apps such as Medisafe, My Heart, BP Log, manage My Pain Pro, Cascarun.
It would be great if such apps could sync with Fitbit and each other. We could have a set of apps that would cover our whole health and fitness, and people like myself could use the data for our doctors, as well as those who may be interested such as insurance etc.

Thanks for such a great app and devices. I also have the Aria which is awesome too.
Gone from a Blaze to Ionic, and I'm happy so far, although I wish I could remove the apps I won't use.Hooked up to my Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus, but I wish I was still using my my BlackBerry Passport as that's a much better phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you add the last weight recorded on the tile of the weight ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The only suggestion I have is just about the easiest to impliment technically as it has already been done very successfully. 

Please allow users to be able to chose which dashboard they prefer to use! 

Customer centred service is what makes a company great!

Best Answer
The new dash board seems to take much longer to sync ...sometimes several several minutes
Best Answer
To those users complaining about the icon in the lower right corner, fitbit is not the only app to have that. Facebook messenger does as well as gmail, at least on android. Scrolling does not remove it in any of the apps mentioned, but it does allow access to buttons behind. Just wanted to let you all know.
Best Answer
Up until recently I've enjoyed using the app. However during the last few updates I've lost faith, the widget has stopped working and it no longer counts my steps. The new dashboard looks good but I can't seem to see the pedometer. Help.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AlunHumphreys

Have you accidentally hidden the steps tile? If you press and hold the tiles they are editable, likewise you can scroll down and use the edit button to the same effect. You can hide/unhide tile and move them within the upper lower fields but you can't move them scross from one field to the other.

I don't hate the new dash but have gone back to the old for the functionality - the looks I could cope with especially if they allowed the same level of customisation as the old.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i Do not like this new update. i am having horrible issues with it syncing what i put online to my phone. 

Best Answer

@MariamV wrote:

While, all changes feel uncomfortable in the beginning I can assure you guys that in the long run you get used to it and all changes are good. Fitbit is always striving to improve trackers and services, based on your opinions and ideas. 

Thanks for that extremely patronising post. As I said before, Fitbit does what it wants so we have no choice but to get used to it, unless a better product becomes available on the market from a company that actually does listen to its customers. Please do not claim to listen to our opinions and ideas when you just dismissed all these opinions in your previous sentence. 

Best Answer
The tile is nowhere to be seen! I went back to the old dashboard today,the
app has recorded pretty much everything apart from my step count*
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry guys, but please don't make the new dashboard obligatory for Android - I really don't like it. The one we have already is perfect, linear, info at a glance, but the new one just isn't easy to read...
Best Answer

Just a reminder to all those who want to be heard with their views that you need to vote +/- post a comment here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Regain-Lost-Features-Android-Dashboard/idi-p/165...

Thanks,

Helen

Best Answer
How do I get to the old one? Nothing is being tracked. About to go to a different brand
Best Answer
Press Account - Advanced settings at bottom - Switch back to old Dashboard

Hope it helps 🙂
Best Answer