Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Dashboard Redesign Feedback

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 04/24/2017: Hi everyone -- Our Android team appreciates everyone's feedback in this thread and are working to fully implement the new Android Dashboard in the upcoming 2.48 release.

I am closing this thread as all feedback has been captured and reviewed by our team. Thanks again for all of your constructive feedback as we continue to improve Fitbit products and services.

Fitbit Update 10/04/2016: Hello Android Community! Some of you may have took notice that your Fitbit app has updated and you now have the option to view the new Android Dashboard (see screenshot below).

andrrroiiiidd.pngThe new Dashboard design for Android is currently only available to our external closed beta group. We currently have the beta group closed, but some of you old school Fitbit beta users, were able to get in before we closed the group to the public.

For those of you in the beta, feel free to share your feedback so I can pass it along. I will have a more concrete timeline of official release to share with everyone when I get a confirmed date. We're taking our time to make sure the features are all working up-to-par. Thank you in advance for the feedback!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
486 REPLIES 486

@Lisa65red, you can view the full data in all entirety for each day if you switch to the old layout in the Advanced options. This functionality is (was) present in the old dashboard but unfortunately it's got lost in the new dashboard.

Best Answer

Well that says it all. "Functionality has been lost in the new Dashboard".  So what is the point? A fancy new design which does not function. 

At present, we have the choice of reverting to the Old Dashboard.  But how long will this last? Sooner or later the faceless ones will abandon the old dashboard in favour of the new dashboard. When that happens, I'll be shopping for another make of fitness tracker. Sad, because I've been a devoted user since FB One was first introduced.

I've been a Fitbit user since the One was introduced. When my current Fitbit One dies, I will be looking at other fitness trackers. 

Best Answer
Oooh I just switched back to old dash board!  Soooooooo much better. Thanks for posting that this could be done.  Long may old dash board option prevail.  Much more straightforward and less patronising.  

Sent from Samsung tablet
Best Answer
Yes alas it's clearly broken.
Best Answer
That is very sad. Like the dashboard but not seeing multiple days is very
disappointing.
Thank you for the reply.
Best Answer
Yes but right now for a challenge it says I'm at 5000 steps for a two day
period. I'm actually at about 35000 steps. Active minutes are not
calculating in old system either.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sad sad sad, now wish I hadn't recommended Fitbit to so many people.
Best Answer
I hate the new dashboard for a variety of reasons I've read here. It is too
white, takes too long to read and doesn't provide easy comparisons from day
to day. It feels as if it is being forced on many of us who like the old
design.
Best Answer

Just a reminder to all that I started a feature request to regain some of the lost functionality of the old dash. Please add your voice/views.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Regain-Lost-Features-Android-Dashboard/idi-p/165...

@ErickFitbit  Is anyone in Fitbit still reading this thread which we were asked to contribute to?

User since 2012One, Blaze, Android
Also occ posting as Blokeypoo
Best Answer

Regarding the new Sleep drill-down...I used to be able to click on the day and then click to get a full screen view of my sleep pattern, and then was able to click each bar to see the exact time of the event, either awake or restless, and that way I knew the length of my uninterrupted sleep.  This no longer seems possible in the new Android version....please bring it back, I used this feature more than any.

Best Answer

This is my biggest problem with it and why I just made am account to comment on here. Fitbit if you want to draw people in visually make more commercials and fancy looking watches. Don't make the app "visually appealing" make it as functional and customizable instead. 

Best Answer

How about some "Jump to top/other points of interest" links on the Windows version. I refer mostly to my laptop to record/view information. I spend an inordinate amount of time scrolling.

Best Answer

What happened to the  sleep one?

Best Answer

Not sure what beta is

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Samsung Tab S4 and a Fitbit HR. Up until sometime yesterday, I was loving my Fitbit and the Android app. An update was downloaded, and now I cannot view the dashboard in landscape mode, the tiles for the dashboard no longer include the heartrate, the amount of sleep I've had, and the number of times during the day that I get up and move 250+ steps. Your customer service has told me my tablet is now suddenly not compatible with the app. Because you make technological improvements as things change. That's all well and good, but I happen to love my tablet. I loved the app the way it worked on my tablet. For over a year now. And suddenly it's incompatible? Seems to me that your tech people could figure out how to include the new technology on the market while also including devices like mine. It isn't THAT old! I was thinking about buying my husband his own Fitbit for his birthday, but I don't think I will now. And when it comes time to get a new Fitbit for myself? I will definitely be looking for options in the market that will be more flexible for customers.

Best Answer

...is another update of the app coming soon? My tracker hasn't synced to my Nexus 6P since March 17th. I'm pretty disappointed that no progress has been made and there isn't an option to load an older version of the app... 😕

Best Answer

My dashboard is now missing the tiles for weight and sleep, as well as other tiles.  I cant see any way of getting them back.  Ive been through all the menues, so frustrating.   Was the latest update tested?

Best Answer
Hi Funky Clive, I doubt anyone from Fitbit is reading these posts! No
feedback since I opened this thread. Perhaps you could contact Support
about your particular difficulties, maybe they will listen.
Best Answer

My dashboard is NOT showing exercise OR sleep. I liked it better when you could turn the tablet and it would show more. Now I'm completely lost unless I go onto the Web version dashboard.

Best Answer
I tried support. They said my tablet was now incompatible with the app. Frustrating!

Namaste,

Ritva LaFlower
Best Answer
0 Votes