Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Dashboard Redesign Feedback

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 04/24/2017: Hi everyone -- Our Android team appreciates everyone's feedback in this thread and are working to fully implement the new Android Dashboard in the upcoming 2.48 release.

I am closing this thread as all feedback has been captured and reviewed by our team. Thanks again for all of your constructive feedback as we continue to improve Fitbit products and services.

Fitbit Update 10/04/2016: Hello Android Community! Some of you may have took notice that your Fitbit app has updated and you now have the option to view the new Android Dashboard (see screenshot below).

andrrroiiiidd.pngThe new Dashboard design for Android is currently only available to our external closed beta group. We currently have the beta group closed, but some of you old school Fitbit beta users, were able to get in before we closed the group to the public.

For those of you in the beta, feel free to share your feedback so I can pass it along. I will have a more concrete timeline of official release to share with everyone when I get a confirmed date. We're taking our time to make sure the features are all working up-to-par. Thank you in advance for the feedback!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
486 REPLIES 486

I made a forum account just to chime in on the new Android dashboard... I get that it's more in line with the web interface now, but there's a reason I don't use the web interface.

A few issues of particular note:

- It is no longer possible to just swipe left and right to see all stats for previous days. Now it is necessary to tap the little arrow to go between days.

- When viewing a previous day, not all stats are actually from that day. The top part seems to be, but the bottom part is just the stats from today. This is not helpful.

- The new dashboard does NOT update as effectively as the previous dash. Today it had not updated the step count for approximately 12 hours and "syncing" did nothing. Switching back to the old dashboard updated the step count immediately.

Overall, I find the new interface clunky, not as useful for "snapshots" of past days, and, most importantly, less accurate than the old dash. I can't imagine any minor tweaks to the new dash that would make it preferable to the old one in my opinion. Hopefully Fitbit will allow us the option to continue using the old dash if that is our preference (and hopefully without the prominent pink banner pestering us to "Try a preview of the new dashboard".)

Best Answer
I haven't read this whole thread, but the last two pages at least.
I have three problems: first, the dashboard is not showing data that has synced (this was somewhat true of the old one, but it generally showed up if I tapped down into the details). Specifically, the dashboard is currently showing that I've taken 275 steps today; if I tap on Steps, then Today, then the graph of my steps today, the graph (none of those above it) show I've actually walked 1217 steps so far. Back out to the dashboard, it's still showing the 275 - the old dashboard usually corrected itself when I did that. It's synced, it's in the app, but not on the dashboard.
Second, the text on the weight tile is just plain wrong. I've entered a distant goal (because that works better for me) - I'm currently 50 pounds above my goal weight. The tile says I've gained 50 pounds since last week (?!). The old dashboard correctly shows that I'm 50 pounds from my goal and have lost a few pounds since last week. That's just a bug, needs an immediate fix.
I'm quite annoyed at not being able to see a full day's data on the dashboard, for any previous day - I want to see what my sleep is like as well as steps and stairs. I've hidden the tiles I don't use, but (as many others have noted) I can't move Sleep up to the top, and it only shows today's data. That's a foolish decision - the data's in the app, why deliberately reduce information on the quick-summary page?

I'm going back to the old dashboard, and really hope the designers are reading this thread and paying attention. I don't mind tiles, but when adding tiles removes information and makes it harder to see what's left, in a data-driven app like this one, the design is going the wrong way.
Best Answer

Please add a dark theme or grey background

Add icon for share the screen stat like windows phone OS

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hate this new style. Please take me off the test group before I bust a blood vessel in rage. For some reason on my app which I removed and reloaded in the hope of improvement I can't access the things I really want. Step count stair count and sleep. If you delete all the rubbish now available I'd be happy but I appreciate others wouldn't. If you can't do any better than this for pity's sake don't meddle. it was fine as it was. Please take me of this trial. I didn't ask for it don't want it and am furious. Will you listen?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
Since upgrading to new app. it won't sync to my Fitbit. I've tried all the suggestions and nothing is working. Very frustrating not being able to keep track of goals.
Best Answer

To go back to the old dashboard, choose settings - scroll to the bottom - tap advanced settings - tap the top line.

Best Answer
I can't access settings or even dashboard. I can only rearrange the tiles!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I just tried the new dashboard, used it for a day, and then switched back to the old dashboard. I do not like the new dashboard at all. We are losing too many tiles, especially the speedometer graphic that shows us where we are in our caloric intake versus output. Also, the weight loss tiles are lacking. Not being able to fully customize where the tiles go is a huge downside. I really hope some changes take place before this is rolled out to the public. I have been a fitbit user for four years and and have had multiple versions. I would hate to see such a huge backward step for the app.
Best Answer
So pleased to hear from a like minded person. I don't know what fitbit are thinking of. I can't access steps flights of stairs or sleep record. The app doesn't sync with my fitbit. I can't change anything and uninstalling and reinstalling brings no change!
Best Answer
I wish they'd admitted total failure stop monitoring and return to the previous app. Then it will be useful. This is no use at all as it won't sync with my fitbit device
Best Answer
I have tried to follow the steps to switch back. But it's not working for me.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I would not be so angry about the change if I could use it. Instead of the
full set of tiles shown on demo I get food drink input calories and track
your exercise. No ability to make it sync. It won't.
If I change to the old format I still only get the same issues just in a
vertical chart and still no ability to sync and no activity history. If
fitbit chose to make it less useful they could not have done a better job.
Nb it's the same on my tablet.
I'd love to do something very unladylike with my fitbit to one of the so
called experts who totally fail to listen to the problem and then supply
the predictable useless solutions! My fitbit is unusable for what I bought
it for. It's fitbit fault for breaking what worked and fitbit don't care.
Best Answer
What is the point of sharing when Erick displays his ignorance by not responding to the protests as stated. Seems the faults are all with we users and what we think is wrong. Or its our phones..never folio bits insane change for changes sake. Please tell me how you make my fitbit sync when the app shows no place to instruct sync as appeared at the top of the vertical column on the old app.
Best Answer
Very disappointed to see that some recent feedback has been ignored. Like @Poo, I have lost weight, 16kg this year, with the help of a good diet and my beloved fitbit charge hr and the great app. I also have an ipad and have found the new dashboard frustrating to use because of the limitations so well articulated by @Poo. I really don't understand why these backward steps have been taken: there are tiles that I can't add to the top row (limiting flexibility for users); when I want to review a previous day, only the top section shows that previous day's data, the lower tiles all show the current day's daya, which is inconsistent user behaviour. Please address these issues. With my ipad, I stayed with the previous dashboard for as long as possible, until fitbit forced the switch. Since the switchover, I've used the app on my android phone more than ever. I don't resist change, and quite like the tile display, but please improve the functionality and flexibility, rather than degrading both.
Best Answer
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Regain-Lost-Features-Android-Dashboard/idi-p/165...

Hi guys, this thread should be being moderated in theory but any real views only get heard by using the feature requests. Hope my link works but the thread is on main menu if not. Please add your votes to my request as creating new requests splits the votes. You can add comments if mine doesn't cover your issue.

For those with specific issues which don't seem widespread I'd log a help ticket thingy with the support staff as it's likely to be quicker and might be device related.
Hope that helps 🙂
Helen
User since 2012One, Blaze, Android
Also occ posting as Blokeypoo
Best Answer
I wish you luck getting a response. They are good if your question fits
their quota for which fitbit can blame someone else. I can't now sync the
app..there's no facility to do this so my question brings a rubbish answer
which shows they haven't Listened.
Best Answer
I've tried this and get a non answer. They either don't read the problem or decide it's my fault and give a non answer. I've sent photos to show there's no sync facility and still get no help. I've posted on amazon to warn people not to purchase til it's sorted and am about to add to as many reviews as I can to warn people against buying while this stupidity persists
Best Answer
0 Votes
Believe me you don't wanot it. I'm already looking up alternatives to a fitbit and I used to love my one!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks @Poo!! Have voted for your feature request
Best Answer

No pudating of steps or anything else when syncing.  Also, batter is charged, but showing low on app.

Best Answer
0 Votes