Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Dashboard Redesign Feedback

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 04/24/2017: Hi everyone -- Our Android team appreciates everyone's feedback in this thread and are working to fully implement the new Android Dashboard in the upcoming 2.48 release.

I am closing this thread as all feedback has been captured and reviewed by our team. Thanks again for all of your constructive feedback as we continue to improve Fitbit products and services.

Fitbit Update 10/04/2016: Hello Android Community! Some of you may have took notice that your Fitbit app has updated and you now have the option to view the new Android Dashboard (see screenshot below).

andrrroiiiidd.pngThe new Dashboard design for Android is currently only available to our external closed beta group. We currently have the beta group closed, but some of you old school Fitbit beta users, were able to get in before we closed the group to the public.

For those of you in the beta, feel free to share your feedback so I can pass it along. I will have a more concrete timeline of official release to share with everyone when I get a confirmed date. We're taking our time to make sure the features are all working up-to-par. Thank you in advance for the feedback!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
486 REPLIES 486

With the upgrade to 2.38, I was hoping that the sync problems introduced with 2.37 would be fixed - still no change regardless of the dashboard.

Here is my setup: I use the Win10 App to connect with my tracker (Charge HR). I find the Windows App to be the most reliable connection. That App uploads my data to Fitbit.com allowing me to use my phone and another tablet to monitor changes and log changes (food, water, etc.)

With the new dashboard on my android phone, I don't get the tracker updates - it's hit and miss. Some items are updated like active minutes, weekly exercise, steps per hour and colories in. Other items are not updated: steps, floors, distance, and colories out. (BTW - how can steps not be updated but steps per hour are??)

With the old dashboard on the android phone, all items are updated and remain in-sync with the Windows app. I don't understand how two dashboards that display information from, what should be, the same data source can show different data?!

Regardless of the dashboard, the android sync problem has not been fixed. Ultimately, I prefer the old dashboard because I can see more data on one screen on the phone, BUT I like the Windows dashboard for the same reason (even though the new android dashboard is identical to the existing WIndows dashboard). It comes down to usability and to have the most information available with the least amount of presses or swipes.

Before making this app pretty, please ensure the functionality is reliable - bring back the sync capability that existed before 2.37. Read through the community to see how many are having problems with sync since 2.37 - I'd rather that be the focus 🙂

Best Answer
Never liked iOS app and was hoping it would be changed to be more like Android app. Opposite has happened. I agree with what Peter64 has said in previous post. There is less data on the screen and so it is harder to get an overview of each day. Please let us keep old style.
Best Answer

I've had the dashboard trial before and am not happy to see it return. Worse, I cannot get rid of the pink banner which is jarring on the eyes.

I can understand why the circle has been used (psychology to complete), but with so many circles to look at (and all while they are blurred and shaky- that's my eyes for you!), it's disorienting not to say the least. The numbers are too small even on a 5.5 inch display. The light blues and greens are not easily visible against the white (it would work on black). In high glare sunlight, there's even less hope of reading it even with the screen on 100% brightness.

The designers need to study colour contrasts and shapes that work for the visually impaired (this is why my keyboard has yellow keys with black letters rather than more common colours). This new dashboard fails at an accessability level.

Keep it simple please. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Best Answer
Why do you force me to keep certain tiles at the top? I don't care about nonsense like "active minutes". At a glance I'd like to see 3 or 4 different stats.. but I can't do that in the new layout. There is only room to fit 2 without having the scroll down because you can't drop the top 5. That's dumb. I'm not a fan of the tiles to begin with but that makes them unusable to me.

The only improvement I really see is that the sync bar is much better than the spinning wheel.
Best Answer
Like the old dashboard
Best Answer

Hi Guys,

Doesn't seem to be much Mod activity so I've put in a feature requests to try to regain some functionality and ability to customise the tiles on the dash not just in upper/lower fields.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Regain-Lost-Features-Android-Dashboard/idi-p/165...

When IOS users weren't happy with the new dash it was suggested that this wasn't the case because people didn't vote for the feature request in any great number despite expressing otherwise in various threads. So, if you do feel strongly about it or at least support the idea, please add your votes and comments.

It's not a rebellion, just a bid to continue to use my Fitbit in the way I have always done over the last 4yrs, pleeeaase!   Woman Happy

Helen

User since 2012One, Blaze, Android
Also occ posting as Blokeypoo
Best Answer

double post - deleted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Guys,

Doesn't seem to be much Mod activity so I've put in a feature requests to try to regain some functionality and ability to customise the tiles on the dash not just in upper/lower fields.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Regain-Lost-Features-Android-Dashboard/idi-p/165...

When IOS users weren't happy with the new dash it was suggested that this wasn't the case because people didn't vote for the feature request in any great number despite expressing otherwise in various threads. So, if you do feel strongly about it or at least support the idea, please add your votes and comments.

It's not a rebellion, just a bid to continue to use my Fitbit in the way I have always done over the last 4yrs, pleeeaase!   Woman Happy

Helen

One, Blaze, Android
Also posting as Blokeypoo
Best Answer
0 Votes

My thoughts:

• The new interface is cleaner, more modern looking
  • The old, which had just as many complaints when introduced, still looks like it was designed in the '90s 
  • The new looks more like Fitbit.com
  • The old with its silly progress bars made it harder to see at a glance, where you stand today
  • New it is very easy to see how much of the circle is filled.
  • While the old allowed all tiles to show yesterday's data, it still was not beneficial to use for comparing days, this is the job of the summery page, not the dashboard.
  • Old app has multiple screens for settings. Devices found on one screen, personal settings on another, the help on a third screen(did you know that through the app you can get to Fitbits interactive online help guide?).
  • New app, go to.settings, and all the above is at your fingertips
  • I liked the beta version landscape view a few weeks ago better when the top tiles where all on the screen at once.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I like the new upper tiles but wish there was an option to make the second set of tiles smaller so 4 will fit in a row. Also wish tiles could be moved up or down between sections.
Best Answer

Hiya @Rich_Laue

I know we differ in views on the new dash from our previous although I'm not asking for the old back, just the functionality of it. I think some people wouldn't mind the new if they could use it as they are used to.

I would say though that the old was great for ME for looking back as I look at the day as a whole, specifically cals in vs cals out vs weight vs steps. Being able to look back over 2wks enabled me to see how that day was and whether it was affecting subsequent day, perfect for weight management by cals in and activity levels monitoring. I like to see the mix of data not just the individual graphs of steps or cals etc. although I do rummage in most parts of the app in the end because I like data!  Woman Embarassed

Just the option to swipe back across previous days would see me chuffed to bits!

Hopefully, one day, we can all get to keep some of what we like whilst benefiting from the new things alongside it. There is no right or wrong ultimately, just those who feel they lose and those who feel they gain from it    Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
<p><li-user login="Poo" uid="1147410"></li-user> it sounds as if you would be interested in assing your vote to this <a href="/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Please-bring-back-some-of-the-old-dashboard-features-color-scheme/idi-p/1617625" target="_blank">request</a>.<br>Remember to do a search before adding a request, if you thoight of it, somebody else might have. Having a second or&nbsp;third request just splits the votes and adds confusion.</p>
Best Answer
0 Votes
Okay t tried but I hate it. How do you go back
Best Answer
@Pamk258 try Account - Advanced Settings - Go back to old.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue Thanks Rich.

Interestingly, I did a search before I put my new feature request in and I filtered search by FR as opposed to community posts and nothing similar came up!

Poop. How annoying lol - I do like to get things right!

EDIT TO ADD - hang on that IS my request anyway lol. My brain hurts....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Eric's post about the sync issue and the need for location to be turned on isn't the fix.  I have location turned on, I allow fitbit to use locations and it still can't sync and show the correct number of steps.

still a bug

It looks cool but it's unusable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I quite like the look of the new dashboard, but it's a pity it's so broken in terms of wrong and missing information. Showing today's numbers (eg resting HR) against previous days has got to be a bug, surely?  

I won't cover things others have posted, but one that I didn't see is regarding the exercise tile. I already know how many days I have logged exercise so seeing "3 of 5 days" is useless. There needs to be a tile that tells you the same info as the old dashboard - ie time and calories.

Best Answer

I looked at the preview of the Android app that came with the latest update. not sure if it is the beta or not.

One thing I do not like is not being able to modify the top tile/section.  I am not interested in any of these tiles and do not like having to scroll down to see the tiles i am interested in.

Best Answer

whoohoo Thanks a bunch.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Is there a way I can switch back to the old dashboard?
Best Answer
0 Votes