Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Dashboard Redesign Feedback

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 04/24/2017: Hi everyone -- Our Android team appreciates everyone's feedback in this thread and are working to fully implement the new Android Dashboard in the upcoming 2.48 release.

I am closing this thread as all feedback has been captured and reviewed by our team. Thanks again for all of your constructive feedback as we continue to improve Fitbit products and services.

Fitbit Update 10/04/2016: Hello Android Community! Some of you may have took notice that your Fitbit app has updated and you now have the option to view the new Android Dashboard (see screenshot below).

andrrroiiiidd.pngThe new Dashboard design for Android is currently only available to our external closed beta group. We currently have the beta group closed, but some of you old school Fitbit beta users, were able to get in before we closed the group to the public.

For those of you in the beta, feel free to share your feedback so I can pass it along. I will have a more concrete timeline of official release to share with everyone when I get a confirmed date. We're taking our time to make sure the features are all working up-to-par. Thank you in advance for the feedback!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
486 REPLIES 486

@Beaker719 wrote:
I think that it's not fair to call it a preview. You switch to the new look permanently. I don't like the new dashboard and can't switch back. I can't get the stuff I care about in one view, I have to scroll.

You can always switch back. Its pretty easy with Android. There are plenty of websites that host previous versions of Android apps. And once you do, just disable automatic updates for the FitBit app.

Best Answer
There's a switch in settings to switch back. Account > Switch Back to old layout (sorry don't know how to post photo on phone)

I'm having two issues:
1. When the day previous/current day is over and the app resets, water/sleep also reset (obviously) but the data from the prior day vanishes. When I click on the time it does show the right amount, but its gone on the dashboard itself.
2. Not as important but I can't figure out how to share in the new dashboard.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Just updated and activated the new dashboard beta, I'm liking it very much so far. I'd like to see the following (please...) -

1) a dark theme (some of us use the app at night, it would be helpful)... Smiley LOL

2) add what we'd like to the dashboard. I removed the food-tracker tile, I'd love to replace it with a tile for alarms.

That's all for now...

Thanks,

-Jerry

Best Answer

Looks like I'll be reverting to an older version.  Don't like the new interface much AT ALL - advertising and that annoying bright pink banner when you go back to using the original version.

Best Answer

Not a huge fan of the new style, but I can cope.

Except!  I see that when I go back to 'yesterday' or further back the tiles for 'hours with movement', 'sleep', 'resting HR' and 'weight' (maybe water and food too, I don't use them) show todays' values not the values as of that date.  Yes, I know I can tap to get the data, I want to look at all of yesterday's numbers at once and see if it was a good day or not.

Also you used to be able to swipe left to get to yesterday, and now you have to tap the button; that's less nice.

I do like have the sleep graph rather than just sleep time; but that's the only thing I think is an improvement here, otherwise this just seems like fiddling for the sake of fiddling and you've taken away functionality that people were using, which just seems kinda mean really - taking away functionality to no good end (not even "we don't want to handle this" because the data is all still there if you look hard enough!)

Best Answer

Screenshot_2016-11-16-07-01-46.pngPlz keep old dashboard do not use new dashboard plz 

Best Answer
Awful utterly awful. Takes ages to sync - doesnt keep a running total. I only wish I could return to the prior version. This would actually put me off fitbit.
Best Answer

deleted - double post

Also posting as Poo
Fitbit user and forum poster since Jan 2013
One, Blaze, Android/Samsung
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I'm a beta user and used to have IOS so have had the new dash for quite some time. I agree, I posted lots of constructive feedback as requested by Mods in the pinned thread about it but not one thing has been tweaked for those who use the lower tiles in conjunction with steps/cals etc. Not even any feedback as to why it was not a good idea.

It's a shame to lose functions but as IOS didn't get altered in any useful way I had low expectations to be honest. They had the same issues as some of us here so nothing should be news to the designers. I have no wish to spoil things it for others but, when functions which we bought expensive gadgets to access are being made useless or just harder and less enjoyable to use, it's such a disappointment.

I never sit in the evenings scrutinising my data in the same way and watching my weekly calorie deficit vs intake vs steps/cals burned is too painful to even bother - shame.

The new dash isn't my idea of nice but I'd be fine with the change if it served its purpose still but it just doesn't.

I love Fitbit but, after 4yrs of devotion, they are currently firmly on the norty step! Woman LOL

Moderator edit: format

User since 2012One, Blaze, Android
Also occ posting as Blokeypoo
Best Answer

I got the new Dashboard yesterday.  The look is okay, but when I sync it takes a while (1-2 minutes) for everything to update once the sync is done.  Is this normal?

Best Answer

I honestly don't care what the interface looks like, tiles, numbered lines, whatever, but my numbers are completely inaccurate!

First, all my calorie info for previous days is showing zero in the tiles. When I click on the tile to get the calorie history it's still there; thank goodness!

Second, my active synching data is completely inaccurate for the top tiles (in blue - steps, floors, calories, and exercise minutes). I'm honestly not sure what point-in-time these numbers are from, but they're at least an hour old based on my current numbers displaying on my charge 2.

Thank goodness there's a way to switch back to the old interface so I can view accurate numbers!

Best Answer
New dashboard looks good. However have noticed a bug. I have a Surge and a Flex2 for swimming. I have them linked to separate accounts so the data does not get mashed together. When I sign in with the first account its ok. But then I log out and log back into the second account and the data is cached from the previous account. Sync it's fine. Log out. Back into the other account and data maintained from previous tracker. You should cache the data on a per account basis not on a per phone basis.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just received the new look. Love it.

Moderator edit: Removed personal information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @NeilAndrew

Nice to meet a fellow Michigander! But....I feel like one of us missed part of a conversation somewhere! LOL

None the less, I hope you have a great afternoon.

-jeff

Best Answer
0 Votes
Don't know if I missed anything. I've been running 37.11 for a couple of weeks no problem. Just got an update today with the new look dashboard.
Best Answer

Hi @dbolden

Yes, it's possible, to hide tiles by long pressing them and then clicking on the minus icon in the corner, you can also navigate to the bottom of the tiles where you'll find a edit button.

Remember that if you have any questions you can always contact support.

Best Answer

I've just tried the new dashboard on my Android phone. Two things I prefer about the old dashboard that I haven't seen mentioned:

1) The progress bars and icons turn colors (blue->yellow->orange->green) as one reaches 1/3, 2/3, and all of a goal. The new one appears to just have blue and green. I liked the intermediate steps.

2) The size of the numbers for the four secondary goals below the main goal are just a little smaller in the new dashboard. As someone with older eyes, I like the larger and slightly easier to read numbers.

Best Answer
I've just had a look at the new dashboard, it seems to default to showing my blaze at the top. I like the new Alarm button but I can only set an alarm on my blaze, to set an alarm on my flex I have to go into account and select my flex then set the alarm here. It was far easier in the old app!
Best Answer

@ErickFitbit

Do I need to go to feature requests as the new dash seems to be live and all but unchanged with regard to the feedback?

Thanks,

Helen

User since 2012One, Blaze, Android
Also occ posting as Blokeypoo
Best Answer
Dash looks nice, but I do not like not being able to move the larger icons from the lower part dashboard up to the smaller icon group at the top. They should all be interchangeable so people can put what they care about seeing up top
Best Answer