Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Dashboard Redesign Feedback

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 04/24/2017: Hi everyone -- Our Android team appreciates everyone's feedback in this thread and are working to fully implement the new Android Dashboard in the upcoming 2.48 release.

I am closing this thread as all feedback has been captured and reviewed by our team. Thanks again for all of your constructive feedback as we continue to improve Fitbit products and services.

Fitbit Update 10/04/2016: Hello Android Community! Some of you may have took notice that your Fitbit app has updated and you now have the option to view the new Android Dashboard (see screenshot below).

andrrroiiiidd.pngThe new Dashboard design for Android is currently only available to our external closed beta group. We currently have the beta group closed, but some of you old school Fitbit beta users, were able to get in before we closed the group to the public.

For those of you in the beta, feel free to share your feedback so I can pass it along. I will have a more concrete timeline of official release to share with everyone when I get a confirmed date. We're taking our time to make sure the features are all working up-to-par. Thank you in advance for the feedback!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
486 REPLIES 486
@erikfitbit.
Sorry, I lied! I did notice the plus sign for adding things but find it annoying as it sits right over the cals in tile! They seem determined to wind up the dieters lol.

It wouldn't matter if I could move the tiles I use daily into the top half of page.......
User since 2012One, Blaze, Android
Also occ posting as Blokeypoo
Best Answer
0 Votes

I noticed by holding down on a tile, brings up an edit function, and I can now remove a tile.. I also noticed that syncing has been very fast, but had restart my blaze and phone last night.. This is the first time in 4 app upgrades I had to restart the phone to sync.

I do find I have to restart the phone about every 5 days to get notififacations working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Further to my previous post, I should add that I know I can move my cals tile within the lower field but I use the lower field the most data wise and can only see 2 of the tiles as it is so that's not an option.

Please bear us in mind with these tweaks 🙂
Best Answer
Just removed a few tiles from top half of screen, it's naked now lol. It's looking at me, begging for tiles from the lower half to slink on up there 😉
Best Answer

Some screenshots at various stages of being fiddled with - for those curious! I can get cals to top of screen but only by hiding every tile in top field which isn't an option as I want steps, cals burned and distnace there too as well as weight (fixed in lower field currently) - hoping it might all become possible if I wish really really hard. It doesn't detrimentally affect those already happy with the new dash I don't think, just stops the new dash detrimentally affecting those who use the old one differently  Woman Wink

Screenshot_20161112-203419.pngScreenshot_20161112-203419.pngScreenshot_20161112-203511.png

Best Answer
Yeah. That Plus sign right there could be a pain. It's like right in the view. Worst thing about Material Design.
Best Answer

I think that plus sign for quick entry is a supper idea, but yes in portrait mode it gets in the way. 

Screenshot_2016-11-13-08-57-15.png

I prefer landscape better, but here again it is not as clean looking as it was a couple of weeks ago when it only displayed the tiles. 

Screenshot_2016-11-13-09-01-22.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally Android users got redesigned dashboard!  🙂 Check GooglePlay for update. 

Fitbit Versa 2
Note 10 Aura White | Galaxy Watch 3 Silver | Buds+ White
Best Answer
I don't see it
Best Answer
0 Votes

Last update (Nov. 14)

*The new design of the Fitbit dashboard is now available for preview
*New tabbed navigation design
*The Account page has been redesigned
*Bug fixes and performance improvements

Fitbit Versa 2
Note 10 Aura White | Galaxy Watch 3 Silver | Buds+ White
Best Answer
Doesn't seem to be a general public release as it hasn't yet been pushed to me.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I got the update but my wife didn't. There doesn't seem to be any way to force play store to offer the update. This is going to make trouble, help!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems a little crazy, right? First iOS gets all the love then we can't get the release when it is available. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Got the new dashboard update today. But the week still starts on Sunday. When will droids get the opportunity to choose Monday?
Best Answer

Just got the update today and I love the new look!!  I like the option to pick the tiles you want.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
The day of the week start is not controlled by the app, but by the Fitbit server and interface. This setting needs to be addresses in the cloud.
Ive been running the beta app, and am unable to find in the app where this setting is.
Best Answer
I gave just got the update. As others have said, not being able to put the tiles I actually use at the top is very annoying, I have to do more scrolling than I did before. Being unable to scroll back through previous days for the bottom tiles has obviously been done for a reason but I have no idea what that reason could be, very illogical. The exercise tile is now completely useless, I used to be able to see at a glance how many calories my walk had burned now I can't. And worst of all I can't see my weight, only how much I have lost.

There is nothing wrong with updating an app to look more modern, though I personally prefer the simple look of the old design. However, if you prioritise form over function
Best Answer
Pressed post by mistake!

..if you prioritise form over function there is a problem.
Best Answer
I happen to like the new look. What I don't like is that when I tap the HR tile and am taken to the graph, I can not scroll through. I only get the option to tap and then get my HR data at time points that are about 10 minutes apart.
Best Answer
I think that it's not fair to call it a preview. You switch to the new look permanently. I don't like the new dashboard and can't switch back. I can't get the stuff I care about in one view, I have to scroll.
Best Answer