Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Dashboard Redesign Feedback

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 04/24/2017: Hi everyone -- Our Android team appreciates everyone's feedback in this thread and are working to fully implement the new Android Dashboard in the upcoming 2.48 release.

I am closing this thread as all feedback has been captured and reviewed by our team. Thanks again for all of your constructive feedback as we continue to improve Fitbit products and services.

Fitbit Update 10/04/2016: Hello Android Community! Some of you may have took notice that your Fitbit app has updated and you now have the option to view the new Android Dashboard (see screenshot below).

andrrroiiiidd.pngThe new Dashboard design for Android is currently only available to our external closed beta group. We currently have the beta group closed, but some of you old school Fitbit beta users, were able to get in before we closed the group to the public.

For those of you in the beta, feel free to share your feedback so I can pass it along. I will have a more concrete timeline of official release to share with everyone when I get a confirmed date. We're taking our time to make sure the features are all working up-to-par. Thank you in advance for the feedback!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
486 REPLIES 486
Hello!
Although I don't have the new dashboard, I would very much like to try this out asap! My friend has the IOS version of the app and loves it. It would be nice however if there was an option in opt outility feature as many people don't like it but many do.
Thanks and please notify me when the new dashboard is out
James 🙃
Best Answer
I used a iOS for 6months and now got back to Android, and I have to point out that this old UI is far worse then the new one. On the new you have a much clearer view of all the data. In this old one you have to scroll far more.

Also in this old on I get every morning a error of the server sync about my sleep statistics, when I never had that problem with new app. I am SOO waiting for the release of the new UI to android.
Best Answer

I think the crux of it is it depends how and what ones uses as to whether the dash is enjoyed/better. I had IOS and came back to Android because of the new dash.

Design, don't like the new layout and the bright white but don't care, loss of functionality is what is disappointing but I'm hoping the Beta version will be tweaked. Fingers crossed.

User since 2012One, Blaze, Android
Also occ posting as Blokeypoo
Best Answer
Exactly the same happened to me.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm struggling with the redesign, with many of the same pain points mentioned already. The lack of ability to hide tiles (water and food for me, since this isn't where I track those). My old dashboard was condensed to one screen for a day - no scrolling. Also, I've accidentally removed tiles while trying to move them and they seem to be gone, and I don't know how to set them back.
Best Answer
Ok thanks for replying
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I am not a beta user (wish I was). If there is ONE app that I would like to give my feedback on it is this app. 

I use a Charge HR to monitor my HR after having a heart surgery which has a side effect of afib. I LOVED when I could look at my HR data and tap and hold while sliding my finger side to side and seeing what the C-HR read my HR at any place in the chart. Why this feature was removed is beyond me. 

Not only the fact that the Android version (probably easier to get approved to go to the masses) is ugly looking compared to the current iOS version. We Android users get no love when it comes to this stuff. 

Best Answer
Exactly!
Best Answer

Well then here is another screenshot of the beta app. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Screenshot_2016-10-03-13-03-32.png

Basically it is only the dashboard that changed, and the several setting screens have been combined into one. 

Best Answer

Android just got another update and I got excited for nothing STILL no update for us who have been waiting forever for the iOS version of the Dashboard.  Rediculous how we get left in the dust with every update...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also noticed that the Android app had an update. Ever since they said the iOS version was coming to Android I disabled automatic updates to the app. At least with Android, its pretty easy to roll back to a previous version of apps. I have the APK of the current version saved just in case.

I recently switched from an iPhone to Android was very happy the app still had the original design. The iOS version is terrible. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And if all you care about is looks, then the iOS version might be OK. But if you want functionality, ease of use and logical layout, the current Android version is leaps and bounds a better polished app. As an app developer myself, the iOS FitBit app would never of made it past the initial design stage. Let alone be released for public use. Not to say the Android version is perfect, some slight tweaks could make it better. But the iOS version needs a complete overhaul.

Someone a few pages back linked to a thread comparing the two apps and what made the Android version better. I was really impressed with his analysis as well as some of my colleagues. They were pretty much spot on. There are people that actually get paid to do what they did.

Best Answer

@JimM1969 Hi. Yes I think it's hard to convey how bad the IOS and new beta android version is to those who don't use the functions affected by the change and I completely understand the excitement at the new design if it works for them. I'm just feeding my view back as requested, not trying to overturn it or spoil things for others so I hope that comes across! 

I'm still using the beta just as I did in IOS, I never moan for the sake of it or without giving things a fair go. The fact is though that I use my app less and less and get no pleasure from the data and can't even begin to start with needing to get a pen and paper to do previous week's cals in vs out. A few seconds flicking across screens and mental arithmetic on the go now needs a sit down and tools.

I'm very pro fitbit but, for those who diligently track food vs cals out, it's a massive loss of a great function. The last big update also affected us most (I think!) as they removed the eg. "350 cals left of 2000 cals earned" tile but as the data was all still on the front page and was current it was an adjustment which could be adapted to.

Best Answer

There are those who read by Visual and others by Info/Text.  (I am more of a visual learner therefore, I prefer the iOS Dashboard to see my info by a quick "Visual" glance)

I'm hoping they have enough common sense to find a way to have the Dashboard have (2) views so that we can select which view we prefer since I can totally relate for those that do not want the new Dashboard.

I actually got so tired of waiting I went and bought an iPhone 7 but I still use my pink Samsung S7 edge as well so I suppose I have the best of both worlds though I prefer to have that iOS DB on my Android since it has a much much better display and I enjoy that phone more than the iPhone.

Lets just hope we "all" get our cake the flavor we all want and can eat it too! 😃

Best Answer

I actually really like the dashboard. It's very clean and easy to read. Go ahead and make it permanent, in my opinion.

Best Answer

I find the new dashboard clean refreshing and modern, the old reminded me of DOS programs from the 90's, think of Wordstar. The latest beta for the most part rocks. The biggest problem I see is in the adventures I'm unable to load any street views. 

Last week the connected GPS could not stay connected, this week the GPS gives perfect maps and for the first time since I got the Charge2 the mileage with a connected walk is determined by the GPS, and I can get all 4 tracker a synced in well under 2 minutes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Today the large EDIT bar began showing on bottom of my Alta.....can I hide or remove it as it is irritating to see it as I check my progress
Best Answer
0 Votes

Any news on the progress of redesigned android app?

Fitbit Versa 2
Note 10 Aura White | Galaxy Watch 3 Silver | Buds+ White
Best Answer

@werionae No confirmed information to share yet but the beta version is looking more and more polished with every release. I will share confirmed information in the lead-in post for this thread here.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi @ErickFitbit,
I don't think my beta version has changed dashboard wise, not in any useful or noticeable way and I use it full time. It's up to date so am I missing something?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Poo The changes are rather subtle with every release but I've been changing the image in this lead post with every release to display the latest update.

Best Answer
0 Votes