Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Fitbit app not tracking food and calories intake

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had an issue for a few months now where my logged food doesnt accurately show up on the main screen icon, and instead have to open the full food log to view my calories.

Starting yesterday, the food log is not displaying my calories at all after adding them. Hours later, they might show up, along with all my other attempts to log my food. It's been a mess, and I've had to resort to just writing it all down.

Customer Support told me to log out, restart my phone, log back in, and try logging. That didn't work. Then they said to uninstall the app and reinstall the app. That didn't work either. I'm still having this issue today, and it's quite frustrating because it's like the main thing I use this app for.

Is this some bug that just needs addressed in an update? My app is up to date, having an update done two days ago. Anyone else having this issue? 

Edit: I would like to add that this only seems to affect the quick calories input. Any specific measured food I add seems to show right up, but since I use quick calories throughout most of the day, I cant accurately track my food anymore.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
875 REPLIES 875

Same issue here. Worked until yesterday, doesn't work anymore. 

Best Answer

Hi there, my app (Android) is experiencing the same issue, how did you get this resolved? I think it coincided with an app update yesterday, before then there wasn't an issue.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue, very annoying 

The app will no longer allow me to add food for the next day so I can't plan my meals, calorie intake. I have uninstalled and re installed, still not working.

Best Answer

Since Fitbit updated one day ago it has stopped logging food intake, not visible on the dashboard 

I have logged out, force stopped and uninstalled to no end

Best Answer

Several issues:

New custom food:

After a few weeks break from happily logging custom food and calories, I returned to this feature of the FitBit app - only to find it suddenly very messed up:

Whenever I try to create new custom food, and then enter amount I had for a given meal, the basic portion keeps on resetting to 1 bar.

So for example if I logged in new custom food: Kefir, 100g = 35kcal, the moment I head to the next menu where I should enter the amount for that meal it will mark 35kcal as 1 bar in the log food menu yet again;

For example: if I try to enter the amount of 260(g), resulting calories will be 9100 instead of  91, because custom food apparently doesn't accept any other unit than "1 bar"
So I am currently managing by marking everything with 1 instead of 100 for base 100g/kcal, and then 260g becomes 2.6

BUT - Next issue is when trying to then log new amount of the same food with the new broken custom food entry - ex, another amount of kefir that is now 150g, it remembers the previous amount, but resets the kcal again to 35kcal - so 2.6(bar) is now 35kcal, making it impossible to calculate how much that would be for 1.5 within the app.

All custom foods that have been created before these newest app updates work ok though.

Total kcals of the day/calorie budget:

2 days ago, the app wouldn't even sum up the total amount of calories for the given day during the day, but would show them in the "history" . I could see total amount of calories for lunch, dinner, snacks etc, but not their sum in the menu;

Also, calorie budget arrow is all over the place - sometimes after entering the calories it shows what it should show (whether one is in the zone, below or above), but oftentimes just keeps on the blue "under budget" mark no matter the amount of calories entered in that moment. In other times it moves to "in the zone" while beneath it says "x calories over"

Additional issues:

Doesn't register any running activity anymore, higher pulses don't show in the exercise bar

----------------------------
I have fitbit Versa 3, with the latest version 3.59.1 - phone is android OnePlus Nord

Best Answer

I'm having the same trouble. The total doesn't match what I have logged for the individual meals on the app

Best Answer

The problem seems to have started immediately after the last app update. I am suddenly experiencing the very same problems that you are having.

It currently shows, on my dashboard, 1291 calories left and 0 calories consumed. In the food log, it shows 277 in, and 719 out, with 152 left in my budget.

Yesterday, the dashboard displayed 390 calories in for the entire day (and 'under budget'), but my food log tallied the correct number of calories for dinner and evening snack (the only meals I eat due to intermittent 18:6 fasting)

I updated the app very early yesterday morning. I suspect it is a bad update. If that is correct, then thousands should be affected. I refuse to believe that this issue affects only you and I.

Irritating, isn't it?

Best Answer

Hi,

Have been having trouble logging food via my phone app (Samsung, Android, using Charge 2) for 2 days now. I'm trying various ways to break down what's happening. So far, it seems that after my first use of the app to log food on any day, further items logged via the app do not get added into the total eaten or affect how many calories left. If I log on via a PC they usually are ... as a temporary workaround, ok, but feel really frustrated as it appears that I only ever have to come onto this community to complain about Fitbit. 

Anyone else having this problem?

Best Answer

Same exact problem, and yesterday's calorie intake data is not matching across the dashboard, detail page and bar chart.

I've also logged out, force stopped, reinstalled, cleared the cache etc etc.

Best Answer
Let's see if Fitbit fix the update and how long it takes Sent from my Galaxy
Best Answer
0 Votes
Exactly! An update was when it showed up for me and it also deleted any of
the custom foods I had entered. I ended up calling customer service and the
support individual took me through the process. It was a matter of deleting
the app, reinstalling the app. I'm sorry, I can't remember if there was
more to it. I had already tried force stopping it, but it seems the only
way was to start the system over. Hope this helps. In regards to Customer
service, I was only on hold a minute and they were very patient and helpful.
Best Answer

Has anyone else been having trouble with the food tracking input? I've been having trouble since last Friday. Anything I input will disappear, or it will show up but won't count towards the total, or any custom foods I add will disappear as well. I've tried redownloading the app, restarting my phone, even unpairing my Versa 2. It just continues to happen.

Best Answer

This happening to me too and it's SO annoying!!!! Mine started yesterday (24 may). I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled but it's still not working. I've got no way to track my calories now

Best Answer

Have the same issue. Did the reinstall, clear all data (data and cache), and nothing seems to work. For one addition of food, it's okay, but then it stalls.

When I reinstall / log in again after I deleted data, some of the food I added would be wiped. I think at some point food doesn't sync up to the server.

Additionally I also have an issue with adding custom food. Even though I set the serving size as 100 grams, when I try to log it, the unit (should be grams) is missing (it is empty), and the number is set to 1 (instead of 100). When I edit the same food again, the serving size is reset to 1 bar instead o 100 grams. It's not saving the data. I think the two are related.

Best Answer

Same issues

Best Answer

Seeing the same. Seems to have started after v 3.59.1 installed on Android platform. Still lets me add the meals, but the dashboard total does not update, so first day only showed the mornings calorie total. Since then total is zero.

Wondering if this is an inadvertent bug added with the last version release.

Best Answer

I've always entered my custom foods withe the serving size in grams and haven't had any issues until today.  Today I entered a food as usual but when I went to add to my daily intake grams was not an option just serving size.  I went to edit and it was set on bars.  I change it back to grams but it goes back to a serving size of 1.  I've cleared the app cache and restarted my phone but I can't get it to work.  What is going on?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

I've also found that in the past three days, it will randomly delete a meal/snack. How am I supposed to remember all the things I ate????

Best Answer

I made custom categories for generic things. I don't know why I named them this way but I made Unknown large for 1,000 calories. Unknown small for 100 calories and I'm about to make Unknown mini for 10 calories because the fractions of 100 aren't precise enough. So if I eat something that's 400 calories I put in quantity 4 of Unknown Small or for 350 calories I put 3 1/2 servings of Unknown small. Doing this, you could add all your calories at once with the custom food.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you make sure that when you go to add a food you select yesterday as you are adding? It won't let me change the day once I add food, but if I make sure to select yesterday before I enter it, it does.

Best Answer
0 Votes