Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Notifications and Syncing Issues

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We are aware of an issue which may be impacting Android notifications and syncing. Our team is currently investigating and working on a fix. Thank you for your patience as we work to find a resolution. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, 

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding. I'm glad to announce that the latest Fitbit app version for Android (3.43.1) has been released to everyone, make sure you double check your app updates in Play Store. 

As always, make sure that your phone has a compatible operating system installed, it should Android 8.0 or higher. 

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1,037 REPLIES 1,037

I recently switched from ios to android phone and ever since facing syncing issue. I have tried all the troubleshooting options mentioned in the FitBit troubleshooting guide and issue persists.

In order to make it work, had to setup a new device every time and that doesn't last more than few minutes.

Seems like bluetooth is dropping off, have also tried "Forget this device" but then it refuses to pair back.

My Android version is 8.1.0 (No updates available)

Model Number is Vivo XI

Watch firmware version is 44.128.5.38

Best Answer

Just tried the replace device recommendation.  There was a pop up that said unable to connect to sense controls and it disappeared. 

Notifications still don't work (using the send test call/notification).

Sleep and DND are both off.

Best Answer

I also just tried the original troubleshooting and the replace device and still no notifications on my Pixel 4

Best Answer

Why won't my Fitbit sync

Best Answer

I recently (12-Jun-2021) updated the OS on my Samsung A31 and my versa stopped syncing with my fitbit app.

I have now again connected to the OS version on my old phone and has synced with no problem. I have dont just about everything, logged off both apps after delinking versa from account. Started fresh!

Definitely an OS issue - please investigate?

Best Answer

I have been having the same issue. I have re booted both my phone and watch and still not able to get notifications on my device 🙃

Help 

Best Answer

What about iPhones? I've been having this issue for a few days now.

Best Answer

This is an ongoing issue, my Versa 3 is always not receiving  notifications or texts,  then  decides to work at random all but brief,  Samsung S10+ phone. 

Hopefully a proper fix will work one day. 

Best Answer

I just received my fitbit as a gift and have never been able to receive sms / emails / and other messages. Is this normal? is it the same problem?

Best Answer

how much longer will it take. I've not syn in over 24 hr

Best Answer

I replaced my fitbit in December with the inspire 2.  It worked fine and I was excited to also have the heart rate, sleep tracker and zone minutes along with the step counter and daily exercise tracker.  Over the past few months the tracking has deteriorated so now I basically only get steps and not always correctly. It occasionally shows how many hours I get 250 steps but there is no alert (10 min warning) and if it shows up it is hours after the fact. The settings on my device wont stay set if I can get them to work.  I have tried logging in my minutes but that doesn't usually work either.  I am really disappointed.

This is not just a recent syncing and notifcation problem. For quite a while now I have not been getting accurate information on either my phone or my device and it is just getting worse by the day.

Best Answer

Mine will sync but when checking steps or messages it will restart it wasn't doing it till the rescent update does this have anything do with that 

Best Answer

I have not received any notifications in 3 days on my sense. The only thing I have is notification center You're all caught up! This notification doesn't ever clear. 

Any suggestions 

Best Answer

And iPhone? I’m seriously about to ditch this. It’s also affected my gps as it won’t hold the Bluetooth signal. Versa lite, so can I assume I’m in on the problem?

Best Answer

Notifications and calls are not working on Samsung S10

Best Answer

I just purchased the Fitbit versa 3 and it will not sync any calls or texts at all. I'm wondering if I should return it before my window for return is up. I'm really disappointed. I love the look and comfort of this watch! 

Best Answer

I have iPhone and have not been able to get steps to update in the challenge work week hustle all week!!! This is really infuriating!! I have spent hours trying to set, reset, delete and any other idea that might work. Talked to Fitbit help line and they said they would report it to engineer dept! WTH FITBIT fix this or give me my money back for my versa so I can get a apple product!!!!  Shame on you!! It appears this has been going on FOREVER if you do a search on this problem. FIX IT!!!!

Best Answer

My Fitbit Zip stopped syncing on my PC and my phone. Then it worked, then it didn't. Worked 2 days ago and now it won't again. I ordered a Charge 4. I really hope there's no problems with it.

Best Answer

My notifications won't sync, and my Inspire 2 won't show up on my Bluetooth devices. Is that user error or part of the bug?

Best Answer