Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Notifications and Syncing Issues

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We are aware of an issue which may be impacting Android notifications and syncing. Our team is currently investigating and working on a fix. Thank you for your patience as we work to find a resolution. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
1,037 REPLIES 1,037

I was so pleased with my Sense when I bought it in February, but this inability to sync for several days now is truly disappointing. It means I’m paying for the premium service for nothing as my Sense has been rendered useless.

Please fix this quickly, otherwise I will send my Sense back to the shop and ask for my money back.

Best Answer

By the way, it’s not just Android. I’m using an iPhone and also have the problem.

Best Answer

I understand, I appreciate how fast this is beeing dealt with. Love the watch. Keep up the good stuff lads and lass

Best Answer

About 20-30 minutes ago my display went black. It will not sync or do anything. When I hold the button on the left side to reset nothing happens but Alexa pops up and says disconnected! Help

Best Answer

Fitbit hasnt synced since Thursday. Clock display is incorrect time. Notifications isn't downloading.. Tried to reset with no results.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer

I'm guessing they are playing with settings server side (disconnected and can't sync). This happened to me moments ago as well but it is easy to fix. Try removing both the Sense and Sense Controls bluetooth connections in your Bluetooth settings. Then, open the Fitbit app, then select to setup a new Fitbit, select Sense, and replace device. You'll have to setup Bluetooth again and input your wifi password, but none of my other settings were lost.

I'm not an official tech support, but happy to help. Please try at your own risk.

Best Answer

Very disappointing that when I contacted support about this issue I was told to buy another Fitbit.

Best Answer
Thank you I will try doing that ASAP. I have a Versa 2 but I’m sure it
doesn’t matter. Thanks for your help 🤞--
*Donna Collura*
Best Answer
Wow! I’ve not called yet but **ahem** that’s so wrong! My Versa 2 was working
just fine until an hour ago then black screen. I think you should call
back and ask for a manager. --
*Donna Collura*
Best Answer

When was the issue identified. Just noticed my sleep tracker hasn't updated since Wednesday.

Best Answer

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for the details shared. The troubleshooting performed, in an effort to fix it is appreciated. 

I see where your frustration is coming from. Rest assure that our team is aware of this and working towards a resolution. In the meantime, some customers have said that doing the following troubleshooting helps resolves this issue: 

- Force quit the app 

- Open it 

- Let the app sync 

Note, you should avoid going to the tracker details screen until the device/app finishes syncing. 

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi, 

i just tried this and now it's not even syncing at all 😞 

It was just the notifications before 🤦

Best Answer

I have Charge 3 and it will not sync for the last 3 days and I have done all the "tip" and even did a chat with Fitbit rep.  Nothing has worked.  I am beyond frustrated with this .  Please fix soon.  

Best Answer

Absolutely did not help with the connectivity of my Charge 3. It has now been over 27 hours since my fitbit has synced. It actually got worse after doing all of the trouble shooting with un-installing and re-installing of the app and then trying to unpair and re-pair my charge with my phone.  It used to sync at least every few hours prior to the fitbit support recommendations on how to fix the issue.

Best Answer

This didn't work for me. I've now tried removing the Versa 3 and re-adding it, but it won't add it back. The app says that it can't find the Versa 3.

Also, when charging, the Versa shows the "no wi-fi" icon. All of this occurred 2 days ago when I couldn't install the latest update and the Versa stopped syncing. I've tried on my Android phone and on my iPad.

Best Answer

Turning WiFi off on my phone lets my charge3 sync. When I turn it back on again it won't sync, but at least it is a workaround for the time being

Best Answer

I ended up deleting my Sense, resetting it, and re-adding.

Best Answer

How do you force the app to quit? All of a sudden my sleep pattern is gone. Nothing is syncing. Nothing is working. I'm about to throw it in the garbage. What's the point in having  this watch when all I can do is see the time. No messages, no vibrating with calls. This happened this previous week when Samsung did an update. I think Nothing works & I can't fix it. I Uninstaller, shut down etc.

Best Answer

you have to go into your phone's settings and select "Apps and Notifications". Find the Fitbit app and select it. You will then get a Force Stop option.

Best Answer

Ho provato anche questa possibilità. Ho forzato l'uscita dalla App. Ma non funziona lo stesso

Best Answer