Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth Issues Android 13 Beta

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Unbelievable issues with Android 13 beta and yes it's a beta, that's understood. However this is the fourth version of Android 13 beta. The next release is going to be the public version. My sense was already having problems on Android 12 a few weeks ago with sync issues. I've had issues since installing Android 13 and I've had to restart the sense and also restart my phone,. This is on a pixel 6 pro which is Google's current flagship device along with using Google's Fitbit Sense smartwatch. Right now it's a dumb watch.  I've even removed the Sense from the app and then tried to re-add it. I've had success one time re-adding it and then the Bluetooth issues started again, and there doesn't go a day that I don't have to restart my phone or the Sense. And you're going to say there's no support yet because it's Android 13,yeah I know but this again is the fourth version and Google owns both companies. This will be the last Fitbit product I ever purchase, as I am so over it.. I need to post this so you are aware There are plenty of competitors now. I've had many Fitbit devices in the past and they've all had Bluetooth issues regardless of which phone I've used. Please communicate with the Google developers to get this fixed so i can you use this what I thought was a good smartwatch, which is now a small paperweight. 

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

Go report your problems with the android beta.  https://www.reddit.com/r/android_beta/

it is a beta and using a beta you should expect problems, and yeah there are competitors, and whoops even garmin and Samsung users are reporting issues with Bluetooth on the beta.

Best Answer

Fitbit does not say that they will be able to support an ever changing beta OS, and with any beta, one should expect burps in their experience..

Best Answer

Yeah I'm pissed off too.

Was working in the previous beta, but had other Bluetooth issues. Now other Bluetooth issues fixed and fitbit won't sync. Shocking.

Best Answer

Rich, There were problems even in Android 12, so I don't want to hear that it's the beta. As I posted, I know when using a beta there are always chances something may not work but this is Bluetooth. Excuses excuses excuses instead of solutions. If you don't have an answer then please don't post smarty comments. I already mentioned that it's a beta and there's always a possibility of problems, however again this is Bluetooth. It should not be an issue. What has changed? My watch hasn't changed. We for sure know that there hasn't been a firmware update for the actual watch in probably about a year. The only things that have updated are the app itself, and the operating system. At the  core is still Bluetooth that connects the watch to the app. It should not matter that one is  using Android 13, and in the beta and by the way this is the fourth version of the beta already. Did I not mention in a few weeks the public version is released? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Android beta campaign is practically a way to have the partners or independent developers (hardware and software) to get ready for the  new release so I agree @sanman202 post makes very much sense.

Best Answer

Same thing for me.. we have made it to the final version of android beta 13 and I still have problems.... my watch only stays connected for a few minutes once my phone restarts... I promised to my mother that I was giving her my Fitbit versa 3 as soon as the Pixel watch comes out this fall..

Best Answer

@sanman202 I'm runningh12 ( for 6 months) smoky only an ocaisional BT issue and a shutdown of the phone or tracker fixed this. As mentioned above, many with several different BT devices (not just fitbit) are mentioning BT issuesfwith the beta that you're running. 

Best Answer

Running Android 13 beta 4 as well. I don't have any problem at all with my Polar Vantage V (that i use for running) and my Amazfit GTS 3. I bought the latter 1 month ago and had 4 apps updates and 3 FW updates, maybe because Amazfit is actively using Android 13 to assure a perfect operation of its products? ( This is what I call support)

Best Answer

BTW @Rich_Laue why don't you spend some time to spell check what you write? Sometimes it's difficult to understand what you mean, sometimes it's hilarious.

Best Answer

I've had some success connecting to my Versa 3 after I disabled A2DP in Developer Settings in my Pixel 6 Pro. Maybe give that a try?

Best Answer

Today, 8/15/22 my Pixel6 Pro got the Official release of Android 13. My sense will still not stay connected and same problems as with all of the Beta releases. I removed the fitbit app, restored my device to factory reinstalled the app and setup as new device. After some difficulty, I finally got the watch setup and on the dashboard, I was notified there was a firmware update. Attempted an install and it failed and now the update is gone. Device still will not stay connected and have to reboot to sync data from my watch. Assistant wont work and no on wrist calls. Rediculous. 

Best Answer

My P6Pro updated yesterday and now I seem to have the same issue.  Sense is refusing to sync despite reboots on both ends and the app is offering a firmware update that I can't do.  It's a good job the watch, phone and OS isn't all owned by one company or this could be embarrassing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Android 13 has been officially released to the Pixel 6 and this issue still is not resolved. We now have 3 Versa 3s, and my Sense, that are basically unusable. Fitbit is owned by Google and had months to get this worked out during the Android 13 Beta program, which is the entire purpose of the beta program. When is the update to version 3.65 of the Fitbit app being widely rolled out? I'm reading reports of that fixing the problem

Best Answer

This issue is not answered with a working solution. My Pixel 5 updated to Android 13 today (official release) and my Fitbit Sense no longer connects via Bluetooth. Have tried reboots and factory resets, but no luck. Was never overly impressed with Fitbit Sense but have had enough of it now. Google, sort your products out!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue as well. Tried every fix possible. Won’t connect to the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue this morning after updating to the official release of Android 13 yesterday. I was able to get my Versa 3 to sync again by going into the app settings and revoking the Nearby Devices permission and having the app re-request that permission. Seems as though handling of bluetooth devices has been changed in 13. Seemsl like something Fitbit/Google should have anticipated with devices, but I hope this works for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that this morning, without success. I will try again just to be sure. But hopefully a better fix comes along soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As soon as I installed the official version of Android 13, my Fitbit stopped syncing. I deleted the device from the app and reconnected it. My Versa 3 synced for about an hour, but has not synced since. I was using my phone for the hour it synced, but after my phone went to sleep, my Fitbit hasn't synced since.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue with versa 3, but I just got an update of the Fitbit app via playstore as announced in this forum (3.65) and now sync and notifications seems to be fine again. Any other hints weren't successful (reinstalling app, deny and reactivate permissions, stopping/disconnect bluetooth connection).

Best Answer
0 Votes