Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Interval Timer move/rest backwards?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Galaxy S9+
Android 8.0
Fitbit Charge 3 SE

So I was using the interval timer in the app, and I wanted a 30 sec move and then 10 sec rest, which I set in the app. However, there seems to be a bug that is causing the two numbers to be switched around when it gets sent to the device. I had to set the "rest to 30" and the "move to 10" to get a 30 sec move and 10 sec rest period.

Not sure if this is a known issue, figured I'd let you know. I searched a little bit and didn't see anything.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's sad how Fitbit just get away with ignoring their users when it's such a simple software bug... Wish I'd known how terrible the customer service is - I would have bought a Garmin instead!

I'm sick and tired of being fobbed off with standard scripted replies

'turn it off and on'

'reinstall the app'

'reset the watch'

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
74 REPLIES 74

Nice to see that you're digging into the Fitbit Forums @CoolBre3ze, let me give you a warm Welcome to our Community. Sorry for the delayed response. Cat Happy

Thanks a lot for all the details you provided.Cat Happy

To resolve this inconvenient please test the solution below:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Restart your phone
  3. Open the Fitbit app.

If you want to know more about how to setup intervals you can check this article: How do I set or change interval lengths in the Exercise app?

Finally, you can try to change this settings from Fitbit.com too: 

• Tap the gear icon (User-added image), and swipe up on Charge 3.
  • Find "Interval Workout"

I hope this can be helpful, keep me posted in case you need anything else. Cat Happy

GraceG | French and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. ♥

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried the solution you suggested and it did not resolve the issue.

It seems as though the fields where you enter in the Move and Rest intervals are in the right spots, the text in the app is simply mislabeled. The tip that says "Swipe left on Rest if you'd like to remove it." was further evidence. The Rest field is mislabeled as "Move", because you can swipe the "Move" row away.g

Also, there should be an easier way to bring back the Rest field after you swipe it away.

Best Answer

Thanks for troubleshooting this issue with us @CoolBre3ze.

It could be a good idea to restart your Charge 3. Please follow the instructions below:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

I hope this helps, keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it possible that there is simply an error in the android app?

Best Answer

Thank you for getting back to us @CoolBre3zeCat Happy

To continue, can you please send me a screenshot? To do so, you can add follow instructions in this post.  

In the meantime, Intervals are any exercise that alternates between intense bursts of activity followed by periods of lower intensity activity or rest.

By default, the interval workout consists of:

• Move period: 30 seconds
  • Rest period: 10 seconds
  • Repeat: 14 times
  • Total time: 9:20 

I look forward to hearing from you. Have a nice weekend!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi , I do not see the Edit exercise option available to help me change the interval workout timing. I only did it once and the function seemed to disappear!

Best Answer

How you doing @Cynl? Thanks for joining this family, hope you like what find here!

To customize the app in accordance with your preferences: 

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon (User-added image) >  your device image.
  2. Tap Exercise Shortcuts.
  3. Select "Interval Workout"
  4. Press and hold to change the timing.
  5. Sync your device.

If you're following those steps and it's not working, maybe more details about the issue could help. Cat Wink

We will be here ready to help. Please don't hesitate to contact us back in case you have an additional question.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

Restart the phone or charge 3 do not help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exactly the same issue.

Google pixel 3a Android 9.0

Restarting phone and fitbit does not help. Obviously a bug in the app. Please fix.

Also cannot upload photos on this website on Chrome Android? That also needs fixing. Does not give you the option to browse files

Best Answer

Screenshot_20190621-113313.png

The setup of the interval workout from this morning, 1min excercise and 1.30 rest

Best Answer

Screenshot_20190621-113350.png

Resulting workout, rest and move are clearly the wrong way around

Best Answer

Same here, it's reversed on the galaxy s9+

App says to start with move but it give me the rest time. 

Best Answer

Great to see I'm not the only one. Is this android app bug something that will be fixed?

Hopefully a moderator sees this.

@GraceGFitbit 

Best Answer

Am having the same problem. Hopefully they come up with a better solution then to restart the app. 

Best Answer

It looks like this issue has been open for a year. I have an iPhone XS, iOS 13.1.3, Charge 3 and Fitbit app 3.10 (896). 

As others have said, the move and rest labels are reversed. Clearly a bug. Doing the various resets will not correct the reversed label issue. 

Best Answer

@GraceFitbit, been a long time since you responded to this thread.

Can you escalate this bug that seems to have carried on into your new app. versions?

It is obviously not going to be rectified by the usual hoop jumping. 

Best Answer

I'm facing this issue as well and have tried to restart the app and the tracker - both solutions don't work. This post has been open for a whole year! Please fix this. 

Best Answer

Funny how it's gone silent since @Eswann posted the proof that this is happening. 

Any moderators care to answer?

But preferably not by telling people to jump through the same hoops.

Crickets. 

Tumbleweed. 

More crickets.

Best Answer

It's sad how Fitbit just get away with ignoring their users when it's such a simple software bug... Wish I'd known how terrible the customer service is - I would have bought a Garmin instead!

I'm sick and tired of being fobbed off with standard scripted replies

'turn it off and on'

'reinstall the app'

'reset the watch'

Best Answer