Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Interval Timer move/rest backwards?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Galaxy S9+
Android 8.0
Fitbit Charge 3 SE

So I was using the interval timer in the app, and I wanted a 30 sec move and then 10 sec rest, which I set in the app. However, there seems to be a bug that is causing the two numbers to be switched around when it gets sent to the device. I had to set the "rest to 30" and the "move to 10" to get a 30 sec move and 10 sec rest period.

Not sure if this is a known issue, figured I'd let you know. I searched a little bit and didn't see anything.

Best Answer
74 REPLIES 74

Exactly the same situation for me as for Jaydee46. Fitbit needs to address this issue on their end!

Best Answer

Dear @RicardoFitbit,

Now that you have hopefully read this thread, gotten the answers you were after and realized that this can only be fixed from Fitbit's end, could you please inform us how Fitbit will tackle the issue and maybe even what is the time frame we are looking at?

Best Answer

I have the same issue with my inspire hr. Exactly the same the intervals get switched when it transfers to the app and it is very difficult to adjust the interval times. Very discouraging considering I bought this to start running intervals!!! Has any resolution been found ?

Best Answer

No resolution and Fitbit aren't doing anything about it either! Very dissapointing. 

Best Answer

Hi there I think this might be an old thread but the same issue . Move and rest are swapped on the app , though the setting in the exercise are correct . So the settings are move 30 rest 10 but in the report afterwards it says move 10min  0 calories and rest 30 e.t. C

is there a bug in the app ? 
i have tried to turn off the device and my phone e.t.c

Best Answer

There's  a bug in the app sòftware. Unfortunately many have complained but FITBIT has not responded and are doing nothing about it. 😞

Best Answer

I have exactly the same problem. My interval settings also always reset when I’m wanting to change them. Managed to change them once after about an hour of trying then not been able to since. FITBIT really need to get on this as it’s a big part of why I got a Fitbit too! 

Best Answer

Same issue with me. Using iPhone 8

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup same for me. Charge 3 with Oppo AX7. I've just reversed them... but that's a bit of a dumb issue really. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still a problem, and affecting other operating systems and Fitbit models, not just Android and the Charge watch. 
I use a Fitbit Inspire HR (with latest firmware update) and an iPhone SE (2020) running the current version of the Fitbit app and I, too, see my rest and move intervals switched in the report in the phone app. 
Apart from joining the ever-increasing chorus of voices pleading with Fitbit to fix this, some observations: 
1. The Fitbit itself has no problem: in terms of buzzing at me to cue change of pace, it presents the interval segments in the correct order and duration as I have them set up in the Fitbit app on my phone. 
2. The activity report in the phone app is where the problem emerges. The "Type" column switches the labels, so that Move is labelled Rest and vice versa.

3. The report on the online Fitbit dashboard is basically fine, mainly because it doesn't attempt to label the interval segments/splits, it just numbers them and provides the (correct duration). For the short term, viewing reports online in a browser is going to be less frustrating than viewing them on your phone. (Also a bit more detailed.) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this problem too. none of the suggested "solutions" have worked. Are fitbit working on a fix, or are we just meant to put them in backwards to work around this "undocumented feature"?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe @RicardoFitbit could answer your question...?

Kind reminder @RicardoFitbit. I am still waiting for an answer to the question asked above. I have now been waiting for 8 months. 🙂

Best Answer

Likewise, been waiting almost 2 years for this to be fixed.

Best Answer

Just got my first Fitbit (Charge 4) this week, and encountered this bug straight away. Definitely looks like something that it'd take a software update to fix.

Best Answer

I've had mine for almost 2 years and they've still not fixed the issue. Highlighted it several times to no avail.

Best Answer