Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility with Motorola Moto Z droid

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just changed phones and got a Moto Z Droid. I spend hrs today (away from home) trying to figure out how to make a change on my phone. When I got home I had to make the change on my computer. Then looked up to find out that Moto Z is NOT compatible with my fitbit. Not Happy.

Best Answer
171 REPLIES 171

I have purchased a Fitbit blaze and it does not want to pair (Bluetooth) with my Moto Z Play. It isn't currently on the compatible phones list, but how can I find out if it ever will be put onto that list? If not, what can I do to the API code to make it connect, or make an app that can connect?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's always great to have new names on the Forums @Tach1!

At this time we do not have any specific details to announce. The compatibility list is updated regularly so its best to continue checking on it.

Thanks for your understanding. Don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
Hi,

I have the same issue as you and from what I am reading on other posts, the
moto Z is currently being tested. No time frame on when it will be
compatible to receive call and text notifications.

--
*Richard*
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the information.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tach1 wrote:
the moto Z is currently being tested. 

--
*Richard*

Where did you find this information, I have a Moto Z and have previously been advised they cannot tell us if under test or when it will be compatible. 

Fitbit Ultra | Fitbit One | Fitbit Blaze (SOLD)
Best Answer
0 Votes
I just did a simple search using Google
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tach1 wrote:
I just did a simple search using Google

Oh good, so it's from a trustworthy source. hahaha

Best Answer
0 Votes
Haha, yeah. If you do a search using "fitbit blaze notifications from Moto
Z" or something similar, you will see the forums on the fitbit site about
it.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I reinstalled Fitbit on my Motorola Moto Z Droid last week, and it synced with my Charge 2. I encourage others to try again. Hope it's been fixed permanently!

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Droid
Best Answer

My Motorola Z-Force is compatible with my Fitbit Blaze but will not play music although it shows it's connected that's the only problem I'm having

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow! This really sux! I also have a Moto Z Droid and was wondering why I was having a hard time syncing it with my Fitbit charge. This is a HUGE disappointment!

Best Answer

Well this is really disappointing.  Both my kids have fitbits and my daughter got her first phone today...a Moto Z Play.  It did not even dawn on me to check the compatibility list...assumed the fitbit app would work on any popular phone out on the market.  Nope, can't get it to sync.  She was really looking forward to not having to sync it with the computer and it just sync automatically with her phone.  Any update on this?

Best Answer
No update that I know of. It was very frustrating and ate the battery life
of the phone trying to sync. Once the fit it died, which they seem to do
every few months, I switched to a Garmin tracker.
Best Answer

Well...surprisingly I just tried with my son's fitbit (his is a replacement we just received because his was falling apart) and guess what, it worked when setting up as a replacement!  So far it syncs! I am cautiously optimistic.  Hope it keeps working. So then I tried with my daughters which did not work before (continuous syncing) and said it was a replacement and it is working too!  Woohoo!  Give that  a try and see what happens.  We have 3 fitbits in our family and 2 of the 3 have had to be replaced in the year because the back piece fell off, so agree if this doesn't work we will change to garmin next time too.

Best Answer
I recently reinstalled Fitbit on my Moto Droid and it synced. Good luck.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Droid
Best Answer

Several droids are listed as compatible, but the moto z play is not. 

Best Answer

@nikkiduck wrote:

Several droids are listed as compatible, but the moto z play is not. 

Correct, only ancient Moto's are supported.

Best Answer
Mine now works after a recent update so theirs might work now.
Best Answer
Haha. I agree.

I would find it would sink fine for a day or two and then crap out again.

The response I got was that I should get a device that is compatible. So I
should give up my brand new phone with amazing battery life for a
Fitbit​that falls apart if you look at it the wrong way? No thanks.

Well, I took their advice and got a device that's compatible: love my new
Garmin fitness tracker! Perfectly compatible with the Moto Z.
Best Answer

Do I need to Take Fitbit charge back to retailer or does it just not work with the Moto z phone

Best Answer