Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility with Motorola Moto Z droid

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just changed phones and got a Moto Z Droid. I spend hrs today (away from home) trying to figure out how to make a change on my phone. When I got home I had to make the change on my computer. Then looked up to find out that Moto Z is NOT compatible with my fitbit. Not Happy.

Best Answer
171 REPLIES 171

I did the same last month (reinstalled on Moto Z Play).  Was great for a week or two, then just stopped working, and jammed all my other devices (tablet, computer, etc.)   Had to uninstall and reinstall (not on Droid).  Kind of a drag.

Best Answer

Sold my Blaze, got tired of empty promises from Fitbit.

Have since switched to a Garmin watch and have zero syncing issues. Works first time, everytime.

Fitbit Ultra | Fitbit One | Fitbit Blaze (SOLD)
Best Answer

It works with mine

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I'm at a similar decision point.  None of fitbits are compatible with Moto Z which has great battery life and several other good reasons for choosing it.  Will definitely consider returning my blaze and look at garmin tracker. . . . .too bad that fitbit isn't trying to meet the need.

Best Answer

Any update as to when the Charge 2 and Moto Z will be compatible?

Best Answer

Interesting all these issues with the Moto Z, I bought a new Moto Z Play back in May and haven't had a single issue with it pairing with my Surge; in fact, it works a heck of a lot better than my old Moto X worked.

Best Answer

Hi, I just dumped Sprint after 15 years and switched to TMobile. The sales guy loves the Moto Z and talked me into it (as opposed to Galaxy 8). I get home, discover it doesn't sync to Fitbit Blaze. Unhappy. 3 days later I decide to call Motorola and get to the bottom of it. While I'm dealing with maybe the worst customer service ever, I check my Fitbit app and discover it's working perfectly...I guess I'm crossing my fingers that it stays the course! Seems to be all systems go though- tracked a bike run like LG did.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been meaning to get an Alta HR but unfortunately they aren't compatible with the Motorola Z2 force. I'm very upset since I was looking forward to getting one. Good price for all that the Alta HR has to offer. Any reccomendations on other watches?

Best Answer

I bought a Moto Z force last October and my charge 2 in December never had a problem until August and after contacting Fitbit they say they are no longer compatible. Crazy

Best Answer
That sounds about right
Best Answer

With the release of the Ionic, will the Fitbit app be getting any compatibility updates? The Ionic is compatible with my Moto Z phone. The charge 2 is not. Have to sync my Fitbit with my samsung tablet. Would like to be able to finally use my phone with the app!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Walkernay! As you already know, the Moto Z is currently not on our list of supported devicesThis means that our Android team has not yet tested it for compatibility and added it to the list what means that we don't have a estimated date on when it will be added. If the device supports BLE (AKA Bluetooth 4.0), I recommend giving the setup flow a try to see if you can successfully connect your Charge 2.

If setup does not work, I recommend setting up and syncing via a device listed as supported or using a Windows 10/Mac computer with integrated Bluetooth 4.0 running the Fitbit Software. Our Android team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list, so keep an eye open for updates!

My sister owns a Huawei which is not yet a supported device, but she has tried the following (which I think won't hurt if you try that as well):

1. Your Moto Z must not be set to "visibile for other devices"
2. Your Moto Z must not be "searching for other devices"

If either of these two things are active, the Fitbit cannot connect.

In other words, you have to set it to invisble, and you have to click the stop button if it is searching for devices. So, bluetooth should be on, but not doing anything at all in the bluethooth menu. Then force quit the Fitbit app and it'll sync. At least it has done with my sister's phone for over a month or so.

PS: I moved your post to the Android Board as there are more chances for you to get an answer here to your inquiry!

I will also make sure to update you in this thread when the Moto Z is added to the supported devices list. Smiley Very Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Just one additional data point; I upgraded to a Moto Z Play back in May and it works flawlessly with my Fitbit Surge.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Curious how do you know the Ionic is compatible with your phone, Moto Z?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

@JohnnyRow wrote:

The Ionic is essentially a Super Surge, and my Surge works great with my Moto Z.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@shipo wrote:

@JohnnyRow wrote:

The Ionic is essentially a Super Surge, and my Surge works great with my Moto Z.

@shipo  I get that. But I wondering that the original poster said "The Ionic is compatible with my Moto Z phone." It sounded like he was already certain of that before you said that phone works with your Surge and I wondered how he alreadfy knew that.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
On fitbits website, the ionic page has a check phone compatiblity link.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a charge 2 Fitbit and Moto z droid. Not force or play edition. So
glad everything is working out for you. But alas I paid good money for my
Fitbit only to not be able to use it with my phone. I will not be suckered
into paying $300 dollars for the ionic to be able to use my phone. If the
new device uses the same app, my phone should work when the new device
comes out. From all the fitbit company responses I've read it's solely the
app and not the phone that is the culprit. So, we Moto Z users will have to
wait and see!
Best Answer

So it's almost a year and you guys still don't pair with the Moto Z.  This is very disappointing for when I don't have my Fitbit but can use my phone.

Best Answer

Mine pairs just fine. Sometimes it takes a minute, but all I have to do is re-sync the app or refresh my bluetooth.

Best Answer
0 Votes