Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility with Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

I just got a Note 9 and i have not been able to sync my fitbit tracker with my phone.

Have tried restarting my phone, reinstalling the Fitbit app... all didn't work.

Help!!

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
167 REPLIES 167

Sorry, it has not been resolved, because it is still not compatible. 

https://www.fitbit.com/devices

Fitbit still needs to update the code on their app to make it work with the Note 9.

Some parts will work, but it will still not show or respond to text messages or work with your calendar. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @GalaxyNote9 perhaps you've mis-read their compatibility list? Samsung Galaxy Note 9 is at the top of the list under Android-Samsung, with almost all features including MobileTrack support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes it says it is but ive had nothing but trouble.....i received several messages telling me it is a Fitbit issue..mine will not sync..its driving me insane!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know, I am also having MobileTrack setup problem, which shouldn't be the case if they said it's already compatible... Hope someone from Fitbit can see our messages and help us resolve these issues soon!

Best Answer
I haven't resolved it
Best Answer

I haven't resolved it... Hoping Fitbit will add it

Best Answer

Thank you gor confirming...i am going nuts lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok Folks:

Here's the issue - Samsung products are not compatible with Fitbits.

Try this:

1:  Go to your Fitbit information on their website, and see the list of all the options it can do.  Take a screenshot of it.

2:  Take your "compatible" Samsung information on their site, based on your Fitbit model.  See the list of all the options it "supposed" to do.  Take a screenshot of it.

3.  Compare the 2 sets of options.  See any differences?

Firstly, whatever options your Fitbit model can do (say 25), there will be a lesser number it can do using your Samsung phone (maybe 22 or 23).

Secondly, compare these options, notice anything?  Yup, none of the options listed for your Fitbit are worded the same way as it's capability on your Samsung Phone.  Can your Samsung see all your sleep stages, or does it simply says number of times awake and or restless?

I spent quite some time doing this, only to find that most of what my Fitbit could do, it could not do using my Samsung phone.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8.  I bought a Charge 3, based on what it said it could do with my phone.  Took it on holidays, and it stopped syncing 3 days in.  Spent the rest of the trip with online support in the evenings.  Guess what?  In "testing" they found that the Charge 3 did not perform well with my Note 8.

After the 3 week trip, I returned my Fitbit to the store and have been looking at a replacement for it ever since.
I have contacted Fitbit countless times - no solution.  My phone is now over 18 months old, you'd think it would have been made compatible by now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Gaildins and @Demonaire.

I apologize for the delay in my response. @Demonaire Thanks for sharing all those details on what you have tried.

@Gaildins What particular issue are you referring to in this case? The same as @Demonaire described?

@Demonaire In this particular case, while the Note 9 is supported to sync with Fitbit devices, the MobileTrack feature is not supported on that phone at this time. 

Perhaps you could post about it in our Feature Suggestions board. Lots of other users could then show their support for that suggestion by commenting and voting. Be sure to also read the FAQ to better understand how that board works. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit zip will not sync unless i remove the battery and reinstall. I have uninstalled app/fitbit etc..retarted phone and bluetooth..all settings are correct. This is a brand new zip

This gas to be a firmware issue...its insane. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 9...new phone..help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Gaildins.

Thanks for reaching back and listing all of the steps that you have already tried.

Let's try to set up your Zip as if it was a replacement device. That should help so that the Zip starts syncing consistently again. If this is what you mean when you say reinstall please let me know.

Look forward to your reply.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a replacement zip. I have set it up twice frim the beginning...absolutely have tried everything.....now i sync only when taking the battery out and reinstalling.  Its draining my new battery. I am currently shopping for another pedometer that i can attach to my waist since i do not like the wrist ones..i think my years with fibit are done sadly. I give up

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Demonaire!

I have updated my phone app to the new Version 2.91 (20213378) and also went into Notifications and allowed Fitbit to have access to my Calls, Calendar, Messages and I think all is working now!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbit You say that the Note 9 doesn't support MobileTrack, and yet it's clearly listed as a supported feature on the Note 9 compatibility page?

I'm on a Note 9 and cannot get MobileTrack to show up as an option under devices. I've tried reinstalling multiple times.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Here is some help for that:
https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1875

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @GalaxyNote9@Gaildins and @firewall84.

I apologize for the delay in my response. 

@firewall84 Thanks for catching that and bringing it up. We will be definitely correcting that page you mentioned.

If there are any further questions, please let me know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also can't get the mobile tracking to show up on my note 9 despite it saying " it will work" on the fitbit compatibility page. This is very annoying as i can't wear a watch at work so it means my steps are not showing up  😞

Please sort this out ASAP or at least edit the note 9 compatiblity page so others don't have the same issue  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit does NOT support email and phone call notifications for/from the Samsung Galaxy Note 9.

I confirmed this with Fitbit chat 2019-05-02.  Because I want that feature for my Fitbit/Note 9.

I will be returning my Fitbit since there is no announced plan to add this feature.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have the note 9 and i get calls and texts on my note 9 i have iconic message me and i can tell you how to set it up 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Blaze and when I first got my Note 9 it was not on the compatible list.  A few weeks later everything started working great and I was thrilled.  About two weeks ago the Blaze stopped getting notifications from my phone.  I went through all the steps and now it will show up "View Messages" but doesn't show anything else.  Now and again it will also let the call show up on my Fitbit.  When I'm at work I like the feature of it showing up on my wrist because then I can see if it's something I need to go ahead and answer or can get to later.  Anyone have any advise?  I have literally gone through every help advice on this thread and NOTHING is helping.

Best Answer
0 Votes