Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility with Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

I just got a Note 9 and i have not been able to sync my fitbit tracker with my phone.

Have tried restarting my phone, reinstalling the Fitbit app... all didn't work.

Help!!

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
167 REPLIES 167

I have a Galaxy Note 9.  I would like to get a newer version of a Fitbit but it is pointless if syncing either doesn't work or is a hassle.  Here is what works for me about 50% of the time: 1.  I put the Fitbit on the charger and hold the button in to reset it; and 2.  At the same time the Fitbit is resetting, I restart my phone.  Once both are back up, the data has synced.  This works about half the time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting how the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is supported, but the Note 9 is not.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @GalaxyNote9 and @ritarawson1.

Thanks for sharing your experience on the matter.

As you can read by clicking here, the Note 9 has been added to the list and so it should be working correctly. If you are having any issues, click here to see some steps that could help in getting everything to work.

@GalaxyNote9 In that case, the Note 10.1 refers to a Samsung tablet released a number of years ago.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.  I accessed the help menu, did a force stop, and then restarted bluetooth and it synced.  I am looking forward to this syncing on an ongoing basis.

Best Answer

Just an FYI regarding Samsung Phones & Fitbits . . . here's the listing of the 25 features for the Charge 3:
1 Smart, Sharp Touchscreen   
2 Up to 7 Day Battery Life
3 Smartphone Notifications   
4 24/7 Heart Rate
5 Heart Rate Zones   
6 Resting Heart Rate
7 All-Day Calorie Burn
8 Automatic Exercise Recognition
9 All-Day Activity Tracking  
10 15+ Goal-Based Exercise Modes
11 Swimproof   
12 Real-Time Pace & Distance
13 Sleep Tracking & Stages  
14 Cardio Fitness Level
15 Reminders to Move   
16 Guided Breathing Sessions
17 Female Health Tracking  
18 Apps 
19 Bands & Accessories  
20 Customizable Clockfaces
21 Durable, Lightweighr Design
22 Fitbit Today
23 Fitbit Pay

24 App Dashboard
25 Wireless Sync
According to the Fitbit Support Devices page, here's what's listed as features available for the Note 8 and S9 Samsung Phones:
1 Mobile Run
2 Exercise Calendar
3 Earn Badges
4 Track Exercise
5 Exercise Sharing
6 All Day Activity
7 Sleep Goals & Tools
8 Log Food
9 Multi-Tracker Support
10 Stay Connected
11 Measure Hydration
12 Challenge Family & Friends
13 Reach Weight Goals
14 Goal Notifications
15 Call & Text Notifications
16 Calendar Alerts
17 Music Control

Please NOTE that there are 8 less features of the Charge 3 Fitbit available for Samsung Note 8 and S9 Phones.
Also, the 17 available features listed are NOT the SAME as what the Charge 3 Fitbit offers.
So, the issue appears to be with the Android App for Fitbit, which neither provides the 25 listed Charge 3 features, nor provides the same number.
If Fitbit Fixes the App, and provides the exact same feature functionality listed for the Charge 3, ALL the syncing and other issues should disappear . . .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does the Fitbit Charge 3 sync with the Samsung Note 9?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine does?
Best Answer
0 Votes
How did you set it up?

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
You have a galaxy note 9 and it sends text msgs and calls to your Fitbit
blaze???
Best Answer
0 Votes
Exactly as directions stated
Best Answer
0 Votes
OH NO! It is compatible with the Note 10.1, but NOT the Note 9.
It will not do any of these items on the Note 9:
Call & Text Notifications or Calendar.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
My son did it so I'm not helpful there. If I remember he just followed the
prompts on the phone. It seemed like an easy process and did not take very
long

--
Rev. John C. Robbins
Best Answer
0 Votes
Get Outlook for Android

Thank you. My daughter-in-law tried to connect mine but it didn't work. The Note 9 is not listed as compatible for notifications.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I received a message from FitBit that my Note 9 was now compatible but I am still having syncing issues.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Get Outlook for Android

I definitely can't get mine to sync after multiple attempts.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone.

I apologize for the delay in my response.

@denisedare, If you have not, I'd like to recommend that you try following the steps listed in this help article. They should help you set up your Fitbit. As for the notifications, you can try the steps listed in here.

It is important to mention that the Galaxy Note 9 is a supported device.

@GalaxyNote9 The Galaxy Note 10.1 is a tablet released a number of years ago. The phone Galaxy Note 10 has not launched.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
LanuzaFitbit,
The Note 9 may be compatible with the Fitbit application, but it is not on this list:
https://www.fitbit.com/devices#galaxy_note_8_0
Like the Note 8 is???
If it does not work with Call, Text and Calendar it is just a watch and NOT a smartwatch or wearable technology.
Regards,
Mark

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @GalaxyNote9.

Thanks for reaching back.

While you are correct that the Noet 9 is not on that list, I can confirm that other devices that are supported are not showing in that list. The fully updated list is the one I shared in my previous post. As such the notifications should be working with the Note 9 and if they are not, please try the troubleshooting steps I recommended.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I understand that Note 9 is already in the supported device list, and I see that the "MobileTrack" feature is available for basic step tracking.

However, I cannot get the MobileTrack to work. When I go to my profile, the "set up a device", I do Not see the expected "no fitbit yet? use your phone to track basics" option at the bottom of the list (which I do see with my old phone if I do the same). I have tried removing all other fitbit devices, clear app data, delete app, reinstall app (latest Google Play version, of course), however the option to use my phone to track basics, i.e. MobileTrack, is still not there for me to choose.

Could you advise what I should do to get MobileTrack working please?

Many thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this issue now since I upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy Note 9..

How did you resolve it

Best Answer
0 Votes