Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility with Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

I just got a Note 9 and i have not been able to sync my fitbit tracker with my phone.

Have tried restarting my phone, reinstalling the Fitbit app... all didn't work.

Help!!

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
167 REPLIES 167
Yes, I did everything.I gave up and returned my Charge 3.Just fix the app PLEASE

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

When Samsung Galaxy Note 9 will be added in the supported list? This is Samsung's flagship phone, I am not sure why you guys are not adding this phone. Are you going to give us free upgrade if this is not supported?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Also the Samsung Note 8 please as well. 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Make sure you have the most updated software version for your note 9. Go into your Fitbit app, click on your Fitbit in the top right hand corner of the app. Under "general" click on "notifications". This is where you can enable call and text notifications. Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone!

I apologize for the delay in my response.

Thanks for sharing all of the steps that you have checked and tried to get your Fitbit to work.

The Galaxy Note 9 is a supported device. You can click here to read the full list. 

The first thing I'd recommend is that you try to follow the steps listed in this help article. While you might have already tried some of those steps, be sure to try going through all of them in order as they should get your Fitbit to sync again.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
When will the Note 8 become compatible?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Now that you have used it a few months, is it all still working well. I need a new phone and was thinking of getting the note 9. I am sure there has been updates to firmware since Oct 20 and you made the post. As I have seen some mention that with an update it messed up and wasn't working. 

Thanks in advance for your feedback. 

Moderator edit: Removed personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes

Doesn't work.. It keeps on searching device and throws error at the end that device is not found.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still wondering where things are at with the Note 8 Compatibility???

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Liz! NO unfortunately there have been ZERO updates to the Android App. I have been told by multiple Fitbit Support people that my Note 8 was compatible, and finally someone there said it isn’t. I returned my Fitbit Charge 3 when we got back from Mexico in mid December. Buy the phone you want, and then try to find a Fitness Tracker that works with it. This has been an ongoing issue with Fitbits for months now, and they’ve done NOTHING. Do you really want to buy a product from a Company like that?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have. Samsung Note 9 and it is working perfectly with my Versa.   I had to not only set up the notifications within the Fitbit app but also with the individual applications on my phone such as Message, Calendar and eMail.  Now I get so many notifications I had to turn some of them off.  Make sure that the software for both your phone and Fitbit are up to date.  I really love my watch now.   I did have problems in the beginning and actually returned my watch but I missed the functions compared to my Huawei smart watch and purchased another Fitbit Versa from Costco.  It works like a charm 

Best Answer

Hi.  See my reply below under MW53

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lizbutterfyl.  See my response as MW53.   My Note 9 and Fitbit Versa are working great now after a few adjustments

Best Answer
0 Votes

How can I connect my Fitbit altra hr to my note 9

Best Answer
0 Votes

is there any plans to get the fitbit charge 3 to be compatible with the note 9?

@LanuzaFitbit wrote:

Welcome to the Forums @Iggylona@Beccaahh01 and @JenRus.

Congratulations on the new phone! Hopefully it is as cool as it sounds.

This might be happening because the Note 9 is not currently a part of the supported devices list. This means that the app has not been optimized to work with that phone.

There is a possibility that it might sync if it fulfills the minimum requirements, Android 4.4 and Bluetooth 4.0, but we cannot guarantee that it will. Some users of phones that aren't on the list have mentioned that following the steps in this article has helped them, so it might be worth a try.

with the note 9?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Neither does my blaze... I agree... please add the note 9

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where is Fitbit at in regards to FULL and COMPLETE COMPATIBILITY with the Samsung Galaxy Note 8?????

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @okcathy16@JRStone and @SunsetRunner.

I apologize for the delay in my response.

@okcathy16 and @JRStone, the Note 9 has been added to the list. You can click here to read more about it. If you are experiencing syncing issues, please try to follow the steps I shared above.

@SunsetRunner, At this point we do not have any details on when we can expect that phone to be added. Maybe you could post about it in our Feature Suggestions board. That way other users can comment and vote on the suggestion to show their support. Be sure to read the FAQ to better understand how that board works.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Samsung 9 just did an android update, and my Fitbit will not communicate now. I have made sure all location issues are on, uninstalled and reinstalled, everything that the forum has suggested,  but no success at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JoeyG..

Thanks for bringing this up.

I'd like to ask more information on the update. What kind of update was it? Was it to Android 9? Could you check what Android version is being ran on your Fitbit at this time?

Look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes