Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility with Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

I just got a Note 9 and i have not been able to sync my fitbit tracker with my phone.

Have tried restarting my phone, reinstalling the Fitbit app... all didn't work.

Help!!

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
167 REPLIES 167

When is Fitbit going to deal with the lack of Samsung compatibility?  

It's not just the Note 9, but slso the Note 8 and all other Samsung products?

Is this incompatibility with only Samsung or All Android products?

Best Answer

I followed these steps and it fixed my problem:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwi51orXq4HfAhUL9YMKHZ0JBIsQzPwBegQIARAC&url...

@Iggylona wrote:

Hi there,

I just got a Note 9 and i have not been able to sync my fitbit tracker with my phone.

Have tried restarting my phone, reinstalling the Fitbit app... all didn't work.

Help!!

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

Thank you! That did it 🙂 i deleted the cache.

I was about to throw out my **ahem** Fitbit, so huge thanks to you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone.

Thanks for your feedback. Please do know that our team is aware of the multiple requests to further expand the list.

If you have the time, be sure to support this suggestion to add the Note 9 to the list. Be sure to vote or comment on it to show your support. Also, read the FAQ if there are any question on the way the board works. 

In the meantime it is will worth a try to test the steps recommended by @janetu

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried all of the advice above and my Fitbit Versa still will not update the firmware for my Versa. Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @emmybiz04.

Thanks for letting us know.

In this case you could try to use a computer or another mobile device to try and sync your Fitbit to your account. Click here to get instructions on how to sync with other devices.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
No doggle, no bluetooth on laptop 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hooray! Thank you. This worked!

Best Answer

Sorry, this is ridiculous!

If Fitbit wants everyone to sync using their phone,  then PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN.

I an traveling A lot in the next few months.

I shoulf NOT haul a bluetoothed enabled laptop in order to sync with my Fitbit.

FITBIT you  dropped the ball on this wirj Android phones, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO ADDRESS AND FIX THE ISSUE???????

Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner and @emmybiz04.

I understand that this must be very frustrating.

In regards to a specific time frame or ETA, there is nothing we can share that the time. If we have any details of a phone being added to the list we will share them with everybody but at this moment there is nothing to announce.

Thanks for your feedback.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you get your Note 9 to sync and show your notifications ?   I am ready to take my wat h  aack because i don't get my notifications s   i move the watch but its useless to me if i can't use ALL the functions 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I downloaded the latest update to my phone and then the watch started working.
Hope that helps!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
Hi

My software was already up to date and it was not working.  It is working now since restarting both my phone and Versa watch

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Clodwick16 and @MarWool.

Glad to read that it seems to be working for both of you at the time. Hopefully it will continue like that.

If you have the time, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users. 

Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I returned m Fitbit Charge 3 to Best Buy yesterday for a FULL refund.

I advised the salesperson that NONE of the Fitbits they sell are compatible wirh Samsung products, and that in guture, they are to ask ANY FItbit purchaser if they had a Samsung phone, were they aware that it wouldn't work with the Fitbits 

Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner.

We appreciate your feedback on the matter.

Please know that we are looking to always improve the Fitbit experience and posts like this one do not go unnoticed. Hopefully you will consider Fitbit again in the future.

Feel free to let us know if there is anything at all that we can help with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got a Pixel 3 XL and I got mine to sync but not text messages. Very disappointed! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @LMSnana.

Congratulation on your new phone! Allow me to help you with the notifications.

At this moment the Pixel 3 XL should be supported and thus the notifications should work. My suggestion in this case would be that you try to follow the steps listed in this help article. Be sure to go through them in order and they will definitely help out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My new Note 9 also won't send text messages to my tracker. It is synced & everything else seems to be working properly just not texts. Would love to know if you found a solution.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @DianaMartinez.

Let me help you get the notifications to work.

Did you try the steps I recommended in the post above? They should definitely help in getting everything to sync correctly again. If you have already, please let me know.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes