Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distance not showing completed daily goals

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On the app when you complete your daily goal it doesn't show on app as completed. I.e. 2 Miles are completed the circle for distance doesn't show as done. It appears as it would be for 3 miles. As well if you complete all your daily goal's it doesn't give you the full Monte of celebration either.  You need to do 3 miles and have the full circle for it do the full Monte celebration. 

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

Kymi01 nailed it!!  Log onto Fitbit.com (not the app).  On the tile that shows steps/calories/miles select settings.  Click the distance option and update the setting to match your desired daily goal.  After saving your update, access the app and synch.  It worked!!!

Best Answer

Thank you so very much!! That was driving me nuts!!  Lol!! 

Best Answer

This solution worked for me. The miles goal does not update from mobile to PC. Once the too match, it works fine.

Best Answer

This solution worked for me. The miles goal does not update from mobile to PC. Once the two match, it works fine.

Best Answer

Thank you SO much!!! This totally worked. You're a savior.

Best Answer

Kymi01, yeah, but when you go to your phone, on the main dashboard it looks fixed, but when you tap on distance to see your history, it now shows the goal as 3.1 miles. Still a conversion problem - miles to km.

Dashboard shows 8.1, history shows 5 (and I want 5 in both places, or

Dashboard shows 5, history shows 3.1.

This is just restating the problem, I'm afraid it fixes nothing.

Best Answer

Hey, RicardoFitbit, I got an message that a "best answer" was chosen. It said to go to your account on your PC and fix the distance.

This does nothing to fix it!! You have a miles and kilometers unit problem.

Face of app - goal in Km. Tap on distance to see history - goal in miles.

I keep my goal as 5 miles, so I can see the history correctly, but the daily goal is 8.1 which I never reach. It puts in 8.1 because it thinks it's km.

A FIX WOULD BE NICE!!

Thanks so much.

Best Answer

JDAGATI, it just moved the problem. The phone app has the dashboard in km, but if you touch that icon to see history, those numbers are in miles.

If the dashboard shows 5, this history will show 3.1 as completing the goal. (btw, 5 km = 3.1 mi)

If the dashboard shows 8 or 8.1 for the goal, then the history will show 5 as completing the goal. (8.05 km = 5 mi)

If you change the goal on the PC, it doesn't fix the phone app, at least for most of us - the dashboard distance icon and the distance history show different goals, based on a miles to kilometers units problem.

Fitbit, still need a fix!!

Best Answer

Wouldn't it be amazing if Fitbit actually fixed this issue.

Killing the Fitbit brand morale and trust slowly by ignoring us, the loyal customers for so long.

Shocking behaviour.

Best Answer

Yep! Need a 1.609 multiplier in there somewhere, km = mi, not rocket science!!

Best Answer

@WilJ it's slightly more complicated than that, but still a basic coding mistake. It seems they take any value you put in as your goal on the app as miles. Then that value is automatically converted into km. This new converted km value is displayed on your completion circle and everywhere on the website. You will find this same problem even if you change your unit to km (the app assumes it is miles and then converts to value to km for the website and circle).

The reverse happens if input your goal on the website. The website takes whatever value you input as your goal as km. Then it coverts that value into miles for the app. 

It is also kind of challenging because your goal does show up correctly if you click on the circle to see your detailed day by day bar chart of distance. 

Best Answer

You should change this question to Unanswered, because we don't have a fix!

Best Answer

Agreed, I don't remember doing this. It had hope and promise, since the items in question were goofy and did not match up. Things just got worse since, more aspects have gone haywire. I have rescinded the BA. I am in full agreement, its not fixed.

Best Answer

You're right, WilJ.  I suspect it has to do with Google buying up Fitbit.  They just don't care for usability, as long as they have lots of data to harvest.  Since it's a health-oriented app, that should be covered by HIPPA, but oh well.  As for me, I've uninstalled it after it kept duplicating workouts.

Moderator Edit: Content

Best Answer

I've been going crazy for almost 5 months now. You are a genius. To think Fitbit couldn't just tell us this! Thank you!

Best Answer

Fitbit can we please have a response to this issue?

Google administrator, can you help with this ?

Thanks.

Best Answer

I found the solution it seems.

I logged into the Fitbit website, units showing Miles 13.04.

My mobile app showing 8.1 Miles (actually KM)

Both set to units Feet, Miles.

I then also logged into the Fitbit app for my Laptop, distance was 13.04 Miles.

Units miles.

I then changed this units settings to KM, it became 20.99 km.

On checking my mobile app, it also became 20.99 KM.

I then changed the mobile app units to Miles.

All apps then said 13.04 miles.

Hope this fixes the issue for everyone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

l made the change around 9 am, checked several times in the mobile app and was stating 13.04 miles (correctly) around 5 pm I checked and it had reverted to 8.1 miles. Both the windows app and Fitbit website still state 13.04 miles.

So was not a solution for myself and the conversion problem is still there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, Kitten24, not sure who you're replying to, but Fitbit still hasn't fixed this. Miles in one place, Km in the other, you can juggle between the phone app and the desktop, but they still don't match.

Hey, Fitbit, we need a fix!!

Best Answer

I have the same issue too. I think it's a unit conversion issue between the dashboard and changing the distance setting. When I change the distance setting to 1.86miles, the dashboard will show complete at 3miles (1.86mi = ~3km). When I change the distance setting to 3 miles the dashboard will show complete at 4.82miles (3mi = 4.82km). Please have your personnel look at the unit conversion between the dashboard and changing the distance setting. I like fitbit, it's a sense of accomplishment knowing I complete something I set myself too.. Thank you very. 

Best Answer
0 Votes