Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated Oxygen Variation graph is broken

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I just noticed that the green and yellow lines have changed and now are all over the place on the graph. All graphs for different days start with a 0:00 hrs. The fluctuations are not at all in line with what I was reading up until today.  Anyone experienced this issue?? Thanks

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1,292 REPLIES 1,292

I am seeing the same, and I'm relieved that someone else has this problem too. Being hyper-aware of O2 levels for these past three covid years doesn't help. I imagine this scalar problem may work itself out after a couple more days, or the programmer that futzed it up will be notified of their mistake.

Best Answer

It looks to be showing too much granularity and the scale has changed. The unmarked axes have always been a problem.

Best Answer

I can't believe they even test the revised app before releasing it.  How could they miss such an obvious bug?

Best Answer

Agree, and I have sleep apnea (well under control with cpap) but am also conscious of O2 variations, especially at night. 

.and FB is notorious for not giving enough information to make any useful sense out of some of their metrics.

Best Answer

Same here. Very important metric. I hope they correct it quickly. 

Best Answer

I was astonished to see the sleep O2 graph after the last upgrade that went from a very occasional low reading to very many with high variation every night, just like SleepHead73's chart. What has happened? Am I suddenly supposed to be concerned? All prior graphs now use the new graph metrics and all my past graphs show major variability. My sensitivity is set to "sensitive", not to "normal". I have never changed it. Apparently you have to have it set to sensitive if you want the rest of the sleep information to be tracked, so that can't be the issue. Please get us a through answer in this community or many of us might think we need to head to the doctor's for sleep apnea after false readings for years!!!! It can't be both ways! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sure is showing this for everyone:

EOV-graph-changed-dramatically 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's happening on the Charge 4 and probably all other FB devices with SP02 sensors as it looks to be a change in the app. I remember reading a notice on my phone (android) when the latest updated came to the FB like two days ago that said "we made some changes to make it easier to read by changing some backgrounds to white (bad choice as it will drain phone batteries faster), but I did not see anything mentioned about "We are also changing the SP02 layout so that you all think you have Sleep Apnea that will bring your stress levels way way up! Good luck you all!" 🙄

Best Answer

Hi -exactly the same has happened with my Versa 3 . I.e. all past graphs have been changed and totally different and worrying results .Glad to see  I ain't alone. Hope Fitbit fix this quickly !

Best Answer

I agree. This graph has become totally useless! Looks like a child drew it with a crayon! No numerical values, can't tell at what time what happened... This is just one of the graphs they messed up with the latest update, but perhaps the worst of all. Obviously no design review or QA was included in their software development process!

Best Answer

Removing/uninstalling the SpO2 clock face from the Gallery does NOT turn off / inactivate the EOV (estimated oxygen variation) graph on the sleep page so this fix did NOT work.  I guess I'll have to wait until they revamp the EOV graph in a future update.  Probably in a couple more years.

Best Answer

I have the Charge 5 and today my sleep was yellow and green lines across the entire graph. Previous nights changed from all green to yellow/green variations across the entire graph. It had more variations then when I had bad congestion one night and showed a few yellow nudges. This has to be an error with the update because even having more sensitivity would not be able to change previous data. 

Best Answer
I agree with you!
Best Answer

I had an equally frustrating experience with support. The guy even told me to try a factory reset on my phone! Unbelievable! I told him that is definitely not happening.

Best Answer

Did I read that correctly, the graph only works with a premium membership?

My graph looks awful! I don't know how to post it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was just getting ready to send a "freak out" message to my doctor. I am glad I looked here, first. It doesn't make sense that the previous data - going back months - has changed. I watch my levels like a hawk.

Best Answer

Someone else posted theirs, it appears that they have greatly increased the granularity of the data. Which makes no sense, the FB is not an FDA approved medical device and these data are to be taken with a grain of salt always.

Best Answer

Thank you! I thought something had changed!! Mine has a lot in the yellow! I tried to match my heart rate to the day. And it's fine. I'm wondering if it's where my arm is when I sleep. Like under my pillow. Hmm

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would hold off contacting your Dr. until this is resolved, there is no way so many of us suddenly have a problem. Most certainly it shouldn't have changed our previous data.

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to the new members.

Thanks for keeping me posted, and for every step tried on your own. I understand where you're coming from and let me share this has been escalated to our team so they can work on it. I apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your feedback. Please know I'll update this thread as soon as I receive more information from our team.

In the meantime, please keep syncing with the Fitbit app to make sure the rest of your details are updating correctly.

Best Answer