Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated Oxygen Variation graph is broken

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I just noticed that the green and yellow lines have changed and now are all over the place on the graph. All graphs for different days start with a 0:00 hrs. The fluctuations are not at all in line with what I was reading up until today.  Anyone experienced this issue?? Thanks

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1,292 REPLIES 1,292

Your response has a lot of words in it but says absolutely nothing! 

We all deserve to know if this is a technical issue with the app update OR we are all in need of medical attention for sleep apnea.

It's as simple as that. 

Best Answer
Thank you but what I want to know is can I just undo this update somehow? I
like the previous everything.
Best Answer

2 days ago the sleep graph updated as did the estimated oxygen variation.  Until then my EOV was usually within range. Now  my EOV is way off & always in the orange, my past history graphs have all changedfrom being within range to always out of range.  Has anyone else experienced this? Thank you for any suggestions. 

Best Answer

Mine is the same after an update. It has changed all my previous readings. 

Best Answer

I think the very LEAST Fitbit could do in ALLOW the Fitbit wearer to SELECT which features (and types of monitoring) that she/he wants the device to track.  

Best Answer

My versa 3 oxygen levels have gone haywire on my versa 3 since update this week.

And to make sure it was going crazy i looked back on all my levels for last 3 years which were all normal,but the update has changed all these to super high.

I have zero health problems readings are always in normal zones,and it just seems to have gone mental,and why did it change 3 years worth of normal readings? 

Tried to add a pic but don't know how.thanks Ann xx

Best Answer
0 Votes

This  delta spO2 graph has unlabeled axes therefore the "data" are useless.

Best Answer

This. The fact that it went back and rewrote history reveals that it is indeed a bug, not a software upgrade, as I do not believe it could go back and apply new levels of sensitivity to old data collected with earlier software. Wouldn't that be like taking a VHS tape and turning it into an HD? Don't anybody run out and buy a CPAP mask just yet.

Best Answer

I think we know the answer to that question. But they'll never admit in plain non-boilerplate language that they screwed up. But how could hundreds of us suddenly develop sleep apnea retroactively??

Best Answer

I do not believe that to necessarily be true.  I don't think Fitbit keeps just your graphs but possibly stores the raw data as well (numbers do NOT take up a lot of disk space and you have to remember that GOOGLE now owns Fitbit).  I think that Fitbit could now be plotting very short increments of time (increased sensitivity) rather than smoothing out (averaging) your O2 variation over larger periods (in the old graphs).  Again, I think it is a case of too much information and similar to having your doctor do full body scans when you have no symptoms of any illness.  If this is the New & Improved O2 variation tracker, I just want to know how to turn it off.

Best Answer

Go back and read the mod's prior posts and you'll see that it's just the same boilerplate language to appease users, over and over.  I've repeatedly asked for more information and have never gotten a direct response, just this or similar language every time.

Best Answer

Should i be concerned about my oxygen variation? It looks like this nightly... i am scared to see all that yellowScreenshot_20220725-102150.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's what CS for practically everyone says. Infinitely frustrating. 

Best Answer

Questionable.  It seems that since the Android graphing change a few days ago, if you are Android and did just get a graphing change, many people are seeing much bigger variation in this chart than they were seeing previously, implying that it might just be an error in the new update, hopefully to be corrected soon.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have same issue. I called and rep made a case. I believe that the time on our graphs refer to the amt of hours and minutes that we were asleep. That it has nothing to do with the time such as 11 pm to 6:30 am. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20220725-060052.png

Notice that new flat green line in middle? I did not remove my watch last evening. It was snug, but comfortable on my wrist and fully charged to 100%. So that straight line is a new issue just last evening.

Are any of you young? If we are all aging, I read a study saying that blood oxygen saturation could decrease with age. And I have age. My EOV charts before July 22 were all normal and green with a very occasional orange ( about 1 every 3 months). I have a case with Fitbit since last night, but I don't expect direct response. They immediately sent an email after phone call telling me things like how to wear my Sense watch. 

Best Answer

Has the issue been resolved for you? If not, hopefully it's a glitch. I am having the same issue and Fitbit opened a case number. 

Best Answer

That is great news about your family member. If their breathing during sleep is well controlled, I think we should assume that this is a glitch in the update. Hopefully!

Best Answer

There are other threads in this forum about users having the same problem since the latest chart updates - and its happening to me too - so I think its more likely to be a bug on Fitbit's side.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't see how it's NOT a glitch, after seeing the graphs from 3 other people that I personally know. They all look wildly different than before, and none of them have sleep apnea.

Best Answer