Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated Oxygen Variation graph is broken

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I just noticed that the green and yellow lines have changed and now are all over the place on the graph. All graphs for different days start with a 0:00 hrs. The fluctuations are not at all in line with what I was reading up until today.  Anyone experienced this issue?? Thanks

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1,292 REPLIES 1,292

yes, me and two other people I know personally. I've seen their graphs. 

Best Answer

I have been chatting with support on Twitter, it was a complete waste of time. They don't understand none of our history should have and changed and they went on to tell me all of the advantages of the update completely ignoring the problem. The only question they answered was it is not possible to undo the update.

Best Answer

Fitbit need to own up to this mistake and provide a hotfix immediately to rectify this, its really not OK. These devices are not cheap and people expect them to provide some level of reliability and quality. They at the very least need to own up to this being a mistake and a bug on their end so as not to unduly worry their users anymore - they should not be rolling out things so casually when its a matter of people's health at stake - it makes me quite angry.

Best Answer

Yes, the estimated oxygen variation function is screwed up post update.  Pre update the charts reflected reality to some degree.  They no longer do.  The function is now worthless.

Best Answer
Hi Jogger, thank you for your reply. I appreciate you taking the trouble to respond. I did wonder if it could be a bug. Hopefully it's sorted soon.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

While you are 'escalating' this glitch to the software dept, maybe also mention that the updated graphs on heartbeat no longer color in correctly? I did an exercise class yesterday where I got 46 zone minutes in Cardio/Peak, which are recorded accurately but not reflected pictorially in the graph below. Whoever is in charge of graphing interfaces needs help.

Lizzy, I think folks want real responses not corporatespeak boilerplate. I know you don't have the answer but someone running Android software development surely does. Time to fess up and admit to premature release of inadequately tested updates, withdraw said updates and restore prior Android version pending correction of multiple glitches - not merely the O2 saturation while sleeping but also the visual graphing of heart rate during exercise. I hit peak during a workout today and Fitbit data affirm that with 46 cardio/peak zone minutes, yet there's not a drop of red in my graph - it's all yellow/orange fat burn hue. (There may be more issues with this rollout, I haven't dug too deep but already found both these glitches).  

Best Answer

Hi,

This morning I've woken up to discover HUGE oxygen variations in my fitbit. I check my sleep religiously each morning and have only ever seen it in the orange briefly about 3 times. 

I went back to see past oxygen levels for reference and now they're ALL extreme and in thr yellow when the absolutely did not look like this before. 

Is anyone else having this issue or am I about to keel over and die? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

They should ask for volunteers to test new releases before they're released to the public. I'd be happy to help and obviously they need help.

Best Answer

Same. I really enjoyed my Fitbit experience until May, before this... unpleasantness.

Best Answer

@AngelaKola  @csiv   Fitbit is aware of everything going on with the EOV graphs.  Right now, this update is only going to Android users.  As an iPhone user, I hope it goes more smoothly for us.

I am also moving this thread to the Android forum, a better fit.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not at all surprised to see fit tech avoiding all the responsibility for any of this. They do a major overhaul of the app, causing major faults - yet we're expected to "fix" it by restarting uninstalling and all the rest? Take responsibility for this, fitbit, its a mess, your mess, and I've cancelled my premium subscription. Well done.

Oh, I Also had the same problem with the o2 graph. 

Best Answer

I have the same issue. In the past, my oxygen chart are almost all green. Since the recently update, half of time turns orange, even the past green chart has also changed. I think it's the bug on Fitbit app, and they r trying to fix it.

Best Answer

Definitely an Android issue as when I check on my iPad the graph is as ot was in the past.  Fitbit needs to fix this.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @ElizabethPA.

I’m sorry to hear about the issues you experienced with your oxygen saturation levels.

I noticed that you've been in touch with Customer Support. I'm pretty sure they've done their best to provide a high level of support. Thank you for your patience while dealing with this situation.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. I'm afraid they weren't able to provide an answer. I just
wondered if anyone else had the same issue with charge 3.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The new graph read outs for heart rate, heart rate variability and oxygen variations are really hard to interpret and render that data meaningless.  If this was how I started with fit bit, I would have dropped it completely.  Please consider moving back to previous graphs

Best Answer
0 Votes

I never had any issues until the new graphs - now I have a lot of high fluctuations. I hope someone can let us know if there is a glitch -

Best Answer
Hi marathon racer thank you for your response.  It's good to know fitbit are aware of the EOV issues.  Hopefully it will be all ironed out before its rolled out to iphone.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Problem here too. I used to have a couple high peaks, but now it's yellow/orange all night. Please fix! 

Best Answer

I just noticed this today too. Now when I go back 7 or 8 weeks,  all of my old charts show loads of high variations that weren't there before.  Algorithm change or glitch.  Not as worried Now that I see others with the same concern. 

Best Answer