Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise app crash

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 5/1/20: This issue has been resolved with the release of 3.19.2. Please update your app if you haven't already.

Hi everyone. We’re aware of an issue that may cause the Fitbit app to quit unexpectedly when you open the Exercise tile.

To fix an issue where the Fitbit app unexpectedly crashes when you open the Exercise tile, follow these steps. Note you’ll need to log back into the Fitbit app with your email address and password.

1. On your phone, open the Settings app.
  2. Tap Apps > Fitbit > Storage.
  3. Tap Clear Data.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and log in.
  5. Be sure to accept the requests for your phone to access your location, notifications, and other settings.

Thanks for taking the time to report this issue. I assure you that our team is aware and working on finding a resolution. I will be sure to keep you all updated as more information becomes available.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
759 REPLIES 759

@Willow14  see @SunsetRunner's reply above.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Willow14 TCX is one of the file formats that your exercise is saved as.  It can be used for importing into other apps (Strava, Garmin etc.) and also for importing back into Fitbit from Strava etc.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As of today my Inspire is locked up.  Still counting steps and synching with the App but I cannot scroll through any of the screens.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done the same.  I have at least 6000 steps and only showing 1600 steps

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Versa is now randomly switching to exercise mode when I move my hand suddenly or move the watch on my wrist.  I have a difficult time getting back to the regular screen. I use  Samsung Note 9.  I recently did an update on the Versa, the problems started happening shortly after that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit saying that problems resolved, and certainly my Inspire is working ok again. It's even got yesterday's data on it 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Inspire is fine now, it's even showing yesterday's distance etc as
normal.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Can't sync and hasn't recorded properly in 2 days .  Hopefully I can get some tech support on the phone.  I'm not a tech savvy person but I have uninstalled-reinstalled on both laptop and phone.  Still nothing
Best Answer
0 Votes
That's when the problem started.  Right after an update
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just reporting this morning's fluctuating values in Active Minutes while in Custom Challenge from 159 to 45 and 55 to 0 by 2 different participants & Versa 2 is not auto-recogonizing exercise (20-minute high intensity walk). I did experience crash after installing update yesterday. I plan to uninstall & reinstall again - did this post crash yesterday, too!

Best Answer

Hi everyone! I just wanted to check in here to thank you all for taking the time to report this issue. 

If you haven't done so already, I recommend performing each of the steps detailed in this post. I also recommend keeping your Fitbit App up to date (3.19.2). 

Thanks again for your patience as our team works to resolve this issue. If you have additional questions, let me know in the comments below. Thanks!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

That seems to be when mine stopped working correctly.  Right after an update.  Got my correct steps for Sunday but Monday and today are not working.  I haven't had activity minutes show up for about a month now!  I have a flex not sure if that matters  The lady at fitbit tried to help me but no luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the suggestion.  Did what you had up there and still not working.  The Fitbit lady said there's no device showing up and try to set up device again in a couple hours.  I have been working on this for about 4 hours now.  Disappointing.   Was really hoping your suggestion would have helped

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit continues to drop steps everyday. On Sunday it would not recognize any steps.

Best Answer

I'm still having problems...should I uninstall and reinstall

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm not tech savvy but I did that and it DID NOT work for me.  Good luck and maybe it would work for you
Best Answer
0 Votes

At least I know I am not alone.  Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Matt

my phone ran out of charge and when I recharged it I can no longer access the plus buttons under each icon. The app appears to be working (HR active etc) so I’m wondering if the issue is the one currently being investigated. Can you advise?

claire

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's not resolved I still cant acess my data and progress circle or see how my friends are doing or even see any req and I know they been sent as I have e mails showing fitbit requests!!!! 2 days and they said a few hours it would take ! 

Best Answer

I have done the same I've updated fitbit  and deleted the app from my I pad and re installed and still not working right 

Best Answer