Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise app crash

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 5/1/20: This issue has been resolved with the release of 3.19.2. Please update your app if you haven't already.

Hi everyone. We’re aware of an issue that may cause the Fitbit app to quit unexpectedly when you open the Exercise tile.

To fix an issue where the Fitbit app unexpectedly crashes when you open the Exercise tile, follow these steps. Note you’ll need to log back into the Fitbit app with your email address and password.

1. On your phone, open the Settings app.
  2. Tap Apps > Fitbit > Storage.
  3. Tap Clear Data.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and log in.
  5. Be sure to accept the requests for your phone to access your location, notifications, and other settings.

Thanks for taking the time to report this issue. I assure you that our team is aware and working on finding a resolution. I will be sure to keep you all updated as more information becomes available.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
759 REPLIES 759

Same.

Device and app all up to date.

Fitbit Charge 4

Huawei Mate 20 Pro

Best Answer

I have  cleared the cache,  force stopped  it, restarted  it, reinstalled it(twice!).

I don't  know  what  else  to try next? 

Best Answer

Same issue, constantly crashing when trying to view exercise. 

Anyway to report this?

Bit of a coincidence it's just after an update.

Best Answer

System update on samsung S9 4/22/2020 affected fitbit software. exerise app crashing all the time. when will they update fitbit software for android

Best Answer

Same here on Samsung Note 10+

Please lwt us know if anyone finds a fix

Best Answer

Same here. 😔

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer

Happening to me too. Samsung Galaxy S8

Best Answer

Same issue with me.

Best Answer

Same problem. Cleared cache, forced close and rebooted. Did not fix it. Samsung Note 9.

Best Answer

Same issue here, but also save issue in map my run app (Pixel 3). MapMyRun site said the app is down due to an outage in Google maps. Exercise crashing likely also uses Google maps, so I'm guessing that's the issue here. Google likely has to get maps back online

Best Answer

My Fitbit app keeps crashing when I go to the exercise tile. I cannot see my exercise data

Best Answer

Hi everyone! Thanks for taking the time to report this issue.

I just wanted to confirm that our engineers have identified what was causing these crashes and I have been informed that your exercise functionality should be back to normal within a few hours. 

Of course, if this issue still continues beyond the timeframe mentioned above, please let me know and I will be happy to follow up with our team. Thanks again!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

I am still have this problem.  I know I earned another leg in tracking exercise and each time I click on that the app crashes.  

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue at 9pm central time.  Still not fixed.

Best Answer

Crash continues in exercize mode, both on samsung phone and samsung tablet

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yesterday I forgot to turn off my gps tracker/activity log when  I'd finished my walk, so it was running for  almost 24hrs. I stopped it.  It then froze (like it was having trouble  processing all if the data??). 

I closed out of  the app and then reopened  it,  but now every time I hit the exercise /activity tile it causes the app to crash?? (very frustrating!) 

I've gone into settings, cleared the cache, force stopped the app and deleted and d reinstalled the app(twice), all to no avail. 

I don't  know  what  else to  try?

So here I  am asking for suggestions. 

Thanks in advance 😀

Best Answer

I'm experiencing the same behavior

Best Answer
0 Votes

still happening to me e ATM. (FYI) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Moderator message time stamped 3 hours ago and issues should be resolved within a few hours. I'm still having the same issue. Should this be working for me now or is engineers fix not done yet?

Thanks

Best Answer

Mine started crashing today when I try to access the completed exercises. Phone is Samsung S20 G5.

Best Answer
0 Votes