Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise app crash

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 5/1/20: This issue has been resolved with the release of 3.19.2. Please update your app if you haven't already.

Hi everyone. We’re aware of an issue that may cause the Fitbit app to quit unexpectedly when you open the Exercise tile.

To fix an issue where the Fitbit app unexpectedly crashes when you open the Exercise tile, follow these steps. Note you’ll need to log back into the Fitbit app with your email address and password.

1. On your phone, open the Settings app.
  2. Tap Apps > Fitbit > Storage.
  3. Tap Clear Data.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and log in.
  5. Be sure to accept the requests for your phone to access your location, notifications, and other settings.

Thanks for taking the time to report this issue. I assure you that our team is aware and working on finding a resolution. I will be sure to keep you all updated as more information becomes available.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone! I just wanted to check in here to thank you all for taking the time to report this issue. 

If you haven't done so already, I recommend performing each of the steps detailed in this post. I also recommend keeping your Fitbit App up to date (3.19.2). 

Thanks again for your patience as our team works to resolve this issue. If you have additional questions, let me know in the comments below. Thanks!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
759 REPLIES 759

Just started happening trying to view exercises causes the app to crash. 

Doesn't happen with any other function. Just started happening. 

Moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer

The same is happening to me. I've updated the app, forced stop, restarted my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it's still happening. 

Any ideas? 

Best Answer

Having same problem on Android phone (Samsung  s10e). Tried clearing cache, forcing stop, uninstalling and restarting phone. Only happening with exercise and via main app and widgets.

Best Answer

Android app upgraded to v. 3.19.1 today. 

It all works fine except crashes when going to view exercise.

Cleared app cache, restarted phone.  No better. 

March 1 2020 OS security patch level.

Best Answer

Same. Everything else works on the app, but as soon as you tap on the weekly exercise section to see the stats of my run, the app crashes.

Tried restarting phone. Tried uninstalling app. Tried logging in and out of app. None of these have any affect. 

Best Answer

Same problem here on Samsung Galaxy A8.

I have forced stop, unistalled, rebooted, cleared my cache.

When I install the app again, I can check my exercise ONCE. There are informations missing. Then, when I go check again to see if it still working, it crash.

Best Answer

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/RESOLVED-Fitbit-app-crashes-when-clicking-on-exercise-ti... 

Sounds exactly like this from 4 years ago. Hopefully as speedy a fix?

Best Answer

I tried but to no avail. Did it fix it for anyone else? 

Best Answer

Same thing is happening to me.  For about the last hour.  Reinstalled.  Still not working.

Best Answer

I'm experiencing the same on my Google Pixel 3a.

I've cleared the cache + data, forced stop, logged out, reinstalled app and restarted phone in various orders. No luck. 

I do see that the app updated on my phone yesterday... 

Best Answer

The app on my android crashed every time I click on the exercise tab. 

Best Answer

Uninstalled app restarted phone reinstalled app. And it's working for now. 

Give it a try. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The issue with the app crash on Android 10. when clicking on the "Exercise" tile is effecting me to. 

Best Answer

This unfortunately did not work for me. 

Best Answer

Worked then stopped working again. 

Did record my last work out before crashing. 

But it does need a proper fix. Apologies for the previous post. 

Best Answer

Not overly convinced it's the latest version of the app that's the problem.  I uninstalled the latest version v3.19.1 and reverted to v3.18 using an @PK I download from a trusted site.  Same problem, crashed the moment I attempt to review my exercises.  Only thing that's changed for me today was the installation of the latest Google Android Security patch, dated April 1st.  Begining to wonder if that's the underlying cause

Best Answer

Just did my workout, went to check the results on the excercise tab on the Android app (pixel 3 xl) force crash. Deleted cache. Same thing. Uninstalled app. Reinstalled and the excercise tab works 1 time but upon exiting and trying again. App goes back into crashing each time excercise tab selected. Workout was updated. I can see it saying 2/5 and shows on websites dashboard. Didn't do this yesterday. 

Best Answer

same thing is happening to me today, went for a run at lunch with my versa, pixel 2, used the connected GPS, was looking through the exercise tab after my run because the gps shorted me about 750 meters on my distance, then the app crashed on me, and has kept crashing constantly since then, I have cleared cache, data and restarted, I have uninstalled and reinstalled and restarted my phone numerous times with no success. It was frustrating enough to have the run short my on the distance, I mean it has it mapped in google maps so I don't understand why it would calculate the wrong distance and now it crashes constantly. The other interesting thing is that the workout doesn't show up on my watch when I swipe, but it does show up on the website dashboard, I don't know it doesn't make any sense to me

Best Answer

I think my problem may be because I did not log out whe I finished exercising yesterday, and the exercise  log was running  for almost 24 hours! 

This seems to have caused a 'meltdown' in the app? 

Best Answer