Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Fitbit app crashes when clicking on exercise tile

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 10/10/2016: Hi everyone -- Thank you for testing and confirming that the new update of the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.35, has resolved the issue where your app would crash when interacting with the exercise tile on Android 7.0 Nougat.

I appreciate everyone's feedback and continued patience while we worked to get this resolved. 

Also, I am closing this thread as the issue has now been fixed. If you come across this specific issue in a future instance, please create a new post while referencing this one. Thanks again!

Fitbit Update 10/03/16: Hi everyone -- The issue with the app crash on Android 7.0 when clicking on the "Exercise" tile should be resolved with updating to the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.35.

Fitbit Update 09/27/16: Some community members have reported that their Fitbit app, version 2.34, crashes when clicking on the "Exercise" tile while running the Android 7.0 Nougat operating system.

Our Android team is aware of this issue and currently investigating a fix for it. I apologize for the inconvenience, but recommend logging exercise via the online Dashboard at Fitbit.com while our team works to investigate a fix for this issue.

I will make sure to keep everyone in this thread updated about the status of this and provide updates as regularly as I receive them. Thank you for taking the time to report the issue and also check up on this thread. 

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
54 REPLIES 54

Fitbit Update 10/04/16: Hi everyone -- The issue with the app crash on Android 7.0 when clicking on the "Exercise" tile should be resolved with updating to the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.35.

Best Answer
Yes!!! I've update the app and now it's working fine. Thank you very much!
Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Yes!!! Thank you for taking the time to update me and let me know that the updates resolved the issue for you. I greatly appreciate the feedback. Robot Very Happy

Best Answer
Version 2.35 doesn't fix the problem on Nexus 5x with Android 7 😡
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Can you please try the following:

• Uninstall the Fitbit app
  • Restart your Android device
  • Install the Fitbit app
  • Try to interact with the exercise tile that was previously causing the app crash.

Let me know if that helps out or not. Thank you in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes thanks so much, so glad it's working again..
Best Answer

The update v2.35 appears to work for me on Nexus 5x Android 7.

I just applied the update. I didn't need to logout, uninstall, reinstall, etc.

Nexus 5x

Best Answer
Happy to report that latest version has fixed the issue for me with Nexus 5x and Android 7. Thanks Fitbit crew.
Best Answer
2.35 fixes it for me too, thanks for working out the issue quickly
Best Answer

@ErickFitbit Updating to the lattest version of the android app fixes the bug for me.

Nexus 5X running android 7.0

Best Answer

@ErickFitbit Just wanted to say thank you very much for the app fix! Kind regards . . . 

Best Answer
Looks like they fixed it. I was able to view my details today with no problem!
Best Answer
It seems to be working again! Thank you!
Best Answer

I run the .35 update, on android 6, and also scrashed when clicking the Exercise tile.

I desinstalled fitbit, rebooted smartpohone, reinstalled.

Guess what?

It is fixed.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Hi everyone -- Thank you for testing and confirming that the new update of the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.35, has resolved the issue where your app would crash when interacting with the exercise tile on Android 7.0 Nougat.

I appreciate everyone's feedback and continued patience while we worked to get this resolved. 

Also, I am closing this thread as the issue has now been fixed. If you come across this specific issue in a future instance, please create a new post while referencing this one. Thanks again!

Best Answer
0 Votes