Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Fitbit app crashes when clicking on exercise tile

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 10/10/2016: Hi everyone -- Thank you for testing and confirming that the new update of the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.35, has resolved the issue where your app would crash when interacting with the exercise tile on Android 7.0 Nougat.

I appreciate everyone's feedback and continued patience while we worked to get this resolved. 

Also, I am closing this thread as the issue has now been fixed. If you come across this specific issue in a future instance, please create a new post while referencing this one. Thanks again!

Fitbit Update 10/03/16: Hi everyone -- The issue with the app crash on Android 7.0 when clicking on the "Exercise" tile should be resolved with updating to the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.35.

Fitbit Update 09/27/16: Some community members have reported that their Fitbit app, version 2.34, crashes when clicking on the "Exercise" tile while running the Android 7.0 Nougat operating system.

Our Android team is aware of this issue and currently investigating a fix for it. I apologize for the inconvenience, but recommend logging exercise via the online Dashboard at Fitbit.com while our team works to investigate a fix for this issue.

I will make sure to keep everyone in this thread updated about the status of this and provide updates as regularly as I receive them. Thank you for taking the time to report the issue and also check up on this thread. 

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
54 REPLIES 54

The app on my phone crashes Everytime I try to track my exercise. I updated my phone to nougat today and now the app keeps crashing.

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
The same here with opening the exercise results on Android 7, app 2.34, nexus 5x
Best Answer

Same specs as you (N5x android 7 app 2.34) and same crashes when I try to log excersize. Seems to be when I hit the GPS screen that it crashes, also if I try to view a previously logged excersize 

Best Answer

@Jgirl1430 @큐캄바 @SunsetRunner Please try logging out and logging back into the app. If that doesn't work, let's try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Let me know what happens after trying that out and also share a screenshot of the crash if it persists. Thank you in advance.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried these steps. It only worked the 1st time, then it crashes again each time. How can I share a screenshot here? The message is Dutch: "Fitbit is gestopt. App opnieuw openen. feedback verzenden" meaning: "Fitbit has stopped. open the app again. Send feedback"
Best Answer
I already did all of that and it works once then crashes again. If I clear the data it also works 1 time and then crashes. I'm not sure how to attach the screenshot here.
Best Answer
Same. Frustrating. Nexus 6
Best Answer
0 Votes
Same for me, doing that fixes it for one find, then the error returns. It's the standard Android "this app has stopped do you want to restart it" message
Best Answer
0 Votes
It seems I got this error using android 7 and since Fitbit app 2.34 this week. Do you all have the same?
Best Answer
Same crashes for me.. N5X 7.0 android, 2.34 app version.. tried to unninstal, clear cache and data.. works for 1 time and then the same crash happens..
Best Answer
I am using a tablet and it is crashing on me too. It is definitely a Fitbit problem.
Best Answer
In the same boat on the Nexus 6p running Nougat. Crashes when clicking on the stopwatch to track a run. Logging out does nothing but uninstalling and reinstalling fixes it for one workout. Next time I hit the stopwatch the program crashes. Running version 2.34.
Best Answer

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue.  Problem occurs on my nexus 5x (nougat) but also on my chrome pixel (nougat).  I already have nougat for about 3 weeks and it worked fine in the beginning.  It's only since last thursday that my app keeps crashing.  I already had a live-chat with someone from fitbit but he had no idea.

He told me that he would investigate the issue and contact me again by e-mail but I'm still waiting on his mail.

Best Answer

It's pretty clearly a regression in v2.34, hopefully that version can be reverted or fixed soon

Best Answer
I think it has more to do with the Android update. It was still working fine with the Fitbit update. It started the same day I did the nougat update.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you sure your N update didnt coincide with the 2.34 release?

All I can say for sure is I've been on N for most of the year (I was in the beta program) and on the full release for a few weeks. I run daily with my fitbit and the crash happened as soon as the 2.34 release was installed on my phone (no problems on the day before's run, literally had the update right before running, then tried to run and crash)

It's definitly possible that something they updated broke something that was changed in N so only N users would see the crash

Best Answer
It's possible. All I know is its so frustrating! Everytime I want to track my exercise I have to delete the data and log back in. Last night I tracked my exercise and it crashed as I hit finish and when I got back in, my exercise was gone!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm about to give up and just use the Google fit app.
Best Answer

I am having the exact same issue.  Tap stopwatch to start tracking exercise and Fitbit app crashes.  Glad I am not the only one.  I am running Android 7 with Nexus 5x.  Was running fine until latest Fitbit app update.

Here's to hoping that Fitbit fixes the app quickly.

Steve

Best Answer