Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Fitbit app crashes when clicking on exercise tile

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 10/10/2016: Hi everyone -- Thank you for testing and confirming that the new update of the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.35, has resolved the issue where your app would crash when interacting with the exercise tile on Android 7.0 Nougat.

I appreciate everyone's feedback and continued patience while we worked to get this resolved. 

Also, I am closing this thread as the issue has now been fixed. If you come across this specific issue in a future instance, please create a new post while referencing this one. Thanks again!

Fitbit Update 10/03/16: Hi everyone -- The issue with the app crash on Android 7.0 when clicking on the "Exercise" tile should be resolved with updating to the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.35.

Fitbit Update 09/27/16: Some community members have reported that their Fitbit app, version 2.34, crashes when clicking on the "Exercise" tile while running the Android 7.0 Nougat operating system.

Our Android team is aware of this issue and currently investigating a fix for it. I apologize for the inconvenience, but recommend logging exercise via the online Dashboard at Fitbit.com while our team works to investigate a fix for this issue.

I will make sure to keep everyone in this thread updated about the status of this and provide updates as regularly as I receive them. Thank you for taking the time to report the issue and also check up on this thread. 

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
54 REPLIES 54

Just to add the chorus of 'Me too' responses.

Fitbit 2.34, N5X Android 7. Crashed right after the Nougat install.

Best Answer

I actually didnt even think to do that, I've just been running without it since the crashing started

Best Answer
0 Votes

Slight update. I found that logging out and logging back in fixes it for me at least, but only temporarily. After an indeterminate time, it starts to crash again.

I realize that saying "It works for me" is like saying "How can you be hungry when I have a sandwich?", but I figured that no information is bad information when you're a coder trying to resolve a tricky intermittent bug.

Best Answer

I already contacted fitbit support by twitter and live-chat but never received a decent answer.  A few minutes ago I logged a case by e-mail and now i've received a case-number.  Hopefully someone at Fitbit will look in to this now...

Best Answer

I have the exact same problem.

The fitbit App crashes everytime i try to see the details of a previouse run or, when trying to track a new one.

It simply exists with the message:

"Fitbit has stopped:

* Open app again
* Send feedback"

I have sent feedback couple of times with the logs.

Unistaling and instaling the app again seems to work for the first time i track a new exercise, then the bug starts all over again.

This is extremelly inconvenient as every time i want to track an exercise i re-install the App...

Device: Google Nexus 5X (Android 7.0)

Fitbit App: 2.34

Thanks,

Pedro

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Update 09/27/16: Some community members have reported that their Fitbit app, version 2.34, crashes when clicking on the "Exercise" tile while running the Android 7.0 Nougat operating system.

Our Android team is aware of this issue and currently investigating a fix for it. I apologize for the inconvenience, but recommend logging exercise via the online Dashboard at Fitbit.com while our team works to investigate a fix for this issue.

I will make sure to keep everyone in this thread updated about the status of this and provide updates as regularly as I receive them. Thank you for taking the time to report the issue and also check up on this thread.

Best Answer

Glad this is being worked on - so frustrating 🙂  Nexus 5x

Best Answer
0 Votes
The app won't work , keep getting fitbit has stopped working. I am in a challenge and went for a run today I want my steps to load on the challenge. When will it be fixed?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Workaround:

Log Out and Log In again solves the crash when trying to see the detail of past exercises or to track a new exercise.

This workaround only works for the first time you track a new exercise.

(You need to keep logging out everytime you want to track a new exercise)

Best Answer

@merrybelle19 @reets Have you had the chance to try out @xampolas suggestion here? I am interested in knowing if this works so I can let our engineering team know as it may help in getting a fix for this sooner.

@xampolas Thank you for taking the time to share what's worked as a workaround for you. Hoping to have a more permanent fix for this soon. I will make sure to update this thread once I hear something new. Thanks again, I appreciate your help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello! Also having this issue on Nexus 5x running Nougat. Tried @xampolas work around and that has worked for me for now. Glad I found this thread as I thought I was the only one with this issue.
Best Answer
Steve I have the Same phone running Android 7 also and yes agreed everything was fine till last update.. That feels like so long ago now..I like to use gps to track My 10klm very frustrating i hope it's fixed soon...
Best Answer
0 Votes

Any news on this ? It's insane that something like this takes so long to fix. Going to the website is a horrible workaround.

Do you have an ETA ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
No I've not heard a thing, how frustrating Hey... It's been two weeks now..
can you let me know if you hear any thing, I'm so tried of logging on and
out of fitbit.. i was told a week ago that our world be fixed by last
Friday..lol what a joke.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Log out and log in seems to work. Also uninstall/reinstall and clear data works but only allows you to log one exercise session.

Nexus 5x

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've done all that...
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, logging in and logging out allows you to record one session.  You have to continuously log in and out to record more.  Hope this is fixed soon 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AuggieW @Pintsize40 @olegdulin @bcapoccia @merrybelle19 Fitbit Update 10/03/16: Hi everyone -- The issue with the app crash on Android 7.0 when clicking on the "Exercise" tile should be resolved with updating to the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.35.

It's currently looking like this release will be pushed out to everyone this week but I will share a confirmed date when I find out. Thank you for the reports and the continued patience. I appreciate you all.

Best Answer

FYI, this seems fixed with 2.35.  I logged an exercise last night without the need to log out and back in.  Nexus 6 / Nougat.  Thanks guys.

Best Answer

@Jklaus Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to update me and letting me know that it is no longer crashing on the updated app, version 2.35! 

Best Answer
0 Votes