Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise app crash

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 5/1/20: This issue has been resolved with the release of 3.19.2. Please update your app if you haven't already.

Hi everyone. We’re aware of an issue that may cause the Fitbit app to quit unexpectedly when you open the Exercise tile.

To fix an issue where the Fitbit app unexpectedly crashes when you open the Exercise tile, follow these steps. Note you’ll need to log back into the Fitbit app with your email address and password.

1. On your phone, open the Settings app.
  2. Tap Apps > Fitbit > Storage.
  3. Tap Clear Data.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and log in.
  5. Be sure to accept the requests for your phone to access your location, notifications, and other settings.

Thanks for taking the time to report this issue. I assure you that our team is aware and working on finding a resolution. I will be sure to keep you all updated as more information becomes available.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
759 REPLIES 759
Mine will not work
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone- 

This issue has been resolved with the release of 3.19.2. Please update your app if you haven't already.

Thanks, everyone for your reports and patience! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
I'm not updating since the update for Fitbit that I did on the 24th of April is when the problem started.  My sister (tech savvy) came over today and fixed it for me  
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine too but no thanks to Fitbit.  It was my sister that helped get mine back on track.All this started over an update over 5 days ago
Best Answer
0 Votes

My sister had to come down today and help me.  I think we had to set up my Fitbit again.  Unreal.  All after an update last week!

Best Answer
0 Votes
My sister came down to help me today.  We set up the device again.  I've tried for days to get this thing to work.  My sister did it in 10 minutes!   Thank goodness my sister is tech savvy because I'm not
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have not been able to access anything on my device for the past 2 days-  other than the home screen I can't get to steps, calories, etc.  Is this related to the problem you are addressing?  I thought it was my device rather than an app related problem.  Also, when I charged this morning, the screen did not show that the device was charging.  If there is anything I need to do, please let me know as it is very frustrating.

thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
I haven't been able to get anything on mine either until today.  My sister came down today after I tried everything and we set up my fitbit again from the beginning.  So after 5-6 days it seems to be right on track!  So pleased.  I'm not a tech savvy person but I kept trying
Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't been told of anything yet regarding how to fix this. Something with the update last week I'm sure of it.

Best Answer

My sister helped me today. Been 5 days of nothing.  We set-up my Fitbit again and it seems to be working now.  Finger crossed...I AGREE about the update.  Once I did it last week everything changed.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I haven't gotten a response from anyone either,  I just wish this matter was fixed already,  seems to be a lot of people with issues Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Agree!!

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

As an update, in addition to the firmware crashing things, I tried to restart the fitbit ionic and now it won't even turn on anymore 😒

Best Answer
0 Votes

So it's not just mine then. My charge 3 has been unresponsive for at least 5 days now. This is the 2nd one I have had in the space of 5 months. I am starting to lose faith 😞 

Best Answer
That’s what happened to me. Oddly, it just came back the next day. So
relieved I didn’t delete the app as I think you then lose all your data!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the Charge 3 and an Android - Galaxy S10e phone.
I did experience the crashing like everyone else, but followed their
instructions for the fix. My data was saved and I've had no issues since.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I feel a little better, but still not sure what to do. I haven't tried
calling anyone about it yet.

We have had fitbits for a number of years and my husband was constantly
"going through" fitbits pretty regularly. He would call the company to
complain, they'd send him a new one and that would last a while before
repeating above. I don't know how they can be making money. That being
said, my daughter has the same model that I have and hasn't had any trouble
with hers.

Hang in there.
Cathy
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have been using Fitbit for years. I’ve had some issues but not like this. 
Now, since the time is not correct my steps are not on the correct day. 
Thank you!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I could fix it but 1 or 2 days later it would breaks again. 
Good luck 

Best Answer

As this issue has been resolved, I'll be closing it for further reports. If you are experiencing any other issues, please start a new thread. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes