Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to sync after Android 13 update Samsung Flip/Fold

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated to Android 13 today.
From then on, no sync possible anymore.
I already:

• Restarted my phone
  • Shut down the phone completly
  • Force quit Fitbit
  • Deleted and reinstalled Fitbit (should be the newest version)
  • Reset the Charge 5
  • Shut down Google Assistant (apparently that's a problem with the Sense and Android 13)
  • Restarted Bluetooth several times
  • Hard Reset the Charge 5

Now I'm stuck with a watch that can't be connected anymore and is stuck in install mode.

Edit: To clarify. The Charge 5 is being seen via bluetooth, i get's found by the app, but it doesn't complete the connection.

Best Answer
1,444 REPLIES 1,444

Yep. I purchased the Sense 2 after my Charge 5 stopped connecting after the update. I returned it after reading the Sense 2 thread here that the promised features weren't there. I returned it without opening the box. My brand spanking new Garmin Venu 2s was delivered yesterday. Not a single issue. I'll screenshot this, for my own records, because my posts are being deleted within minutes of me posting.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everybody.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your latest experience after the Android 13 update. It seems to have affected Samsung devices. 

This situation has been reported and Fitbit is working on a solution already. In the meantime you can try to use a different mobile device to sync your Fitbit. Thanks for your patience. 

Have a nice day. Happy holidays!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
I re-synced my Luxe to my iPad until the phone issued is fixed
Best Answer
0 Votes

Title: A Crazy Stupid Fix - I own a Zflip4 phone and 90% of the reason I wear my fitbit is to receive notifications of email, text, fb messenger, etc.  Syncing to another device that is wifi only provided for some notifications, but not sms texts, and those were the most important to me.   My FIX  was to sync my luxe to my spare (wifi only)  S10e.  Then I  installed Google Messages for PC on my S10e and linked Google messages on my Zflip4 to the S10e.  It actually worked and I am able to receive all notifications - as long as I do not have Messages for PC open on my actual PC.   

This totally defeats the purpose of my PC sms setup, requires me to own 2 phones and carry them both around, and will only work if there is a wifi connection available.  But hey, it did technically work...............................   The next day I bought my galaxy 4 and moved on.

Best Answer
Don't know if you've noticed but there is a recession going on and most of
us can't afford 2 phones so would appreciate this being a priority to
resolve as it's been a month now
Best Answer

My luxe will Not pair or sync with my Galaxy Z3 flip after an update download on my phone. Has been working for over a year and now will not sync or pair

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I am having same issues, Z3 flip did an update thus morning and after that my Luxe will not pair or sync with my phone. So irritating.  I use my app for tracking food, strp everything!! And niw have to wait till 2023 for fitbit to fix the bug. SMH!!!

Best Answer

Is there a way we can be notified when this fix is released? 

I do happen to have a backup phone (Pixel), so I'm using that for syncing, but I have to sync manually on that phone to get the information on my main one. This is a pain, and I'd like to know when I can switch to my normal phone, but is there any way to find out short of checking this thread every day...? Will it even be posted to this thread?

Details, in case they're important: I had a Charge 3 for a long time, first with a Samsung s10e, then with a Z Flip 4. No issues syncing that one, even after Android 13 update. Just got a Luxe for Christmas and couldn't even set it up on the Flip. Did all the troubleshooting steps listed above, still got stuck on the "connecting" screen for five minutes and then given the same three troubleshooting steps — over and over and over.

Please let us know when we should even attempt to connect again; "early 2023" is super vague and I don't feel like re-trying the connection over and over with no sense of when it might work.

Best Answer

Please solve above ASAP. In today's world it shouldn't take so much time to fix a bug by any Good company. Please intimate all soonest. Tks

Best Answer

I have the same issue. I'm using a Samsung Flip 4. Contacted support and they are aware of this issue. No solution at the moment. 

Best Answer

This is getting ridiculous.  Fitbit sent me a replacement which of course doesn't work either.  What do you suggest all of us do?  I have a broken Charge 5 that I can at least use for a watch.  I just have to remember to adjust the time in my head because it is not correct on the screen.   

Best Answer

Brand new Charge 5 right out of the box won't connect to my Zflip 3. It is capable of "finding" the device but cannot connect to it. I have restarted Bluetooth, the phone, the app, the first bit, and Uninstaller and reinstalled the app. All of these multiple time, still won't connect. Am I missing something or am I about to return it the same day I got it?

Best Answer

Hi @mikeshbike that will be me then 😉 I wrote this on the community forum questionaire as a first time visitor hoping that it will filter back to FitBit customer service:-

I have been working in IT all my life (started programming using ticker tape). I ran a computer support company for 3 decades. After some hours mucking around trying to get this to work I found the answer via our good old tech support friend "Google" which led to the "Best Answer" on this thread - not the easiest way to find an answer! This is my first experience with FitBit and had this not been a Christmas gift from my family I would have just thrown it back at you demanding a refund and simply not bothered with FitBit devices in the future. My issue is that I appear (as do the rest of the poor sufferers on here) to have fallen foul of a bug that manifested itself because I dared to do the right thing and "keep my device updated to ensure the best cyber security position" ergo Android 13 on my new Samsung Z-Fold 4 - bugs I accept as poo happens as the man said, but what I find difficult to accept is that an unfound bug is discovered during the first steps of setup (i.e. the actual connection of a new device) for linking to a major operating system (FitBit you really only have 2 to worry about surely) when anyone in IT would know you would have had early sight of the new OS release ahead of it dropping so that you could ready your software to work with it! As I said, this isn't even "hidden" deep within some esoteric "nice to have" sub-function but right there at the doorway into FitBit world!!! Now that's pretty poor product control and release testing IMHO

Best Answer

There is no way they didn't know about this "bug" and literally just left us wondering for weeks. I got a replacement device requested 3 weeks ago. Took almost 2 to get it. And the top dogs in testing would have known the replacement device would have the same issue. It's so disheartening.

Best Answer

I totally agree!!! There is NO way such a big company did NOT know about this bug. It's not like it just happened. They knew for weeks there was a bug, and seriously NO one is working on it to get it fixed!!! SMDH!!!@ I AM SO ANNOYED AND PISSED OFF!!!

Best Answer

Update 28/12/22..

An update became available on 28/12/22 on my Samsung Flip 4, and after downloading the update, i was able to synchronise my Charge 4. Partners Fitbit Versa 3 synchronised without any problems with my fiance's Samsung S22 Ultra. Thank goodness! 

Please advise when in early 2023 it will be fixed? 

I've bought a fit bit versa 3 for my fiance who has a Samsung S22 ultra... I'm dreading telling him here's your present but it may not work with your phone! Should I return it and buy something else?

I've got a fit bit charge 4 and a Samsung flip 4, and haven't been able to synchronise since 23 Nov. Not helpful when I am trying to track my exercise and food intake. Not fit for purpose is how I'd describe it.

Please advise a date for the fix.

Best Answer

Hi!

Thanks for sharing info on new software update.

The issue is that Samsung Z Flip 3 phone users have also updated to a most recent Android 13 software and now syncing Charge 5 with Android phone is not happening.

Please help! Thanks.

Best Answer

Just chatted with support.  This is a known bug with the app and os on samsung flip.  Expected fix in 'early' 2023.  

Probably sending mine back...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just thought of something. In the past few years they've had a lot of fitbit commercials before Christmas. There were no commercials this year. Things that make you go hmmmmmm Please have a fix soon

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok good news,I have a z flip 4 phone just got a software update notice from Samsung. Updated the soft ware and my Luxe is now syncing to my phone!!! Hope this isn't a fluke. Not sure how to make my own post on this forum. So maybe you could put this out. Also there is a tracker update for the luxe but have not updated that yet as I don't want to mess up a good thing👍

Best Answer