Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to sync after Android 13 update Samsung Flip/Fold

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated to Android 13 today.
From then on, no sync possible anymore.
I already:

• Restarted my phone
  • Shut down the phone completly
  • Force quit Fitbit
  • Deleted and reinstalled Fitbit (should be the newest version)
  • Reset the Charge 5
  • Shut down Google Assistant (apparently that's a problem with the Sense and Android 13)
  • Restarted Bluetooth several times
  • Hard Reset the Charge 5

Now I'm stuck with a watch that can't be connected anymore and is stuck in install mode.

Edit: To clarify. The Charge 5 is being seen via bluetooth, i get's found by the app, but it doesn't complete the connection.

Best Answer
1,444 REPLIES 1,444

It just popped up on my phone but you should be able to go to settings and
check for an update.

----------

Update on my Z flip 4 phone ,I live in Tennessee

----------

It just said an update was available. I was on my phone getting ready to shut it down when it popped up. Maybe go to your settings and check to see if there is an update.

----------

My luxe is syncing now after an software update to my Z flip 4 phone.

Best Answer

Still no update Fold3 ... Texas. *Semi-patiently waiting*

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah I have the fold four and I'm in Tennessee still waiting myself. I just
checked and there's no update on my end to do.

Tabatha
Best Answer

Yes my charge 5 is doing the same thing. Very frustrating. Going back to samsung. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just checked my phone for an update after seeing your comment and found one.  my luxe finally synced!!  thanks for the heads up.  I'm on an AT&T flip 4 in Tennessee.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, it does. I have Charge 4 and Samsung Galaxy Flip 4. It does not sync at all. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all, I just got an update from Samsung for my Fold 4 this morning. The update able to sync my Fitbit Luxe and  it goes back to normal. It took almost a month for this issue to be resolved. The update dated 1 Dec 2022.The update version is F36BXxxxxxxxBVL7. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I jost got the android update too and my fitbit is finally syncing. Looks like samsung fixed the issue on their end before fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had that update. Syncing worked for about a day then mysteriously stopped again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine also will not hook up to my fold. What are we supposed to do until the new app comes out? Can I return this one for one that works? 

Best Answer

Early 2023 is bull**ahem**.   This has been going on since at least NOVEMBER!

Best Answer
I don't know how they can keep selling the products.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Like many I've been following this thread since my charge 5 stopped working - Z fold 3, UK. Seeing the comments here I just updated my phone OS (December 1st update) and it now syncs, so it does seem that a fix is being rolled out by Samsung.

Best Answer
I checked for an update on my phone. Still nothing USA
Best Answer

Wow! This sucks that everyone here is experiencing the same issue.

I am probably going to go back to my Garmin tracker! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Who "Samsung" or "Fitbit"?

Problem is in Samsung in Flip/Fold series not only for many Bluetooth devices (not only Fitbit).

So, Samsung release fixes with firmware update ...VL9 (Flip3) and ...VL7 (Fold) for SM-Fxx1B / SM-F9xxB - (B models are in Europe/Asia). Koreal model N also have ...VL9 
US models "U", "U1", Canada model "W" and China "0" model - still not.

Also phone have different CSC (fir different countries) - so not all are receiving update at same time.

About Fitbit - they might realease a just a WORKAROUND firmware fix that will lower the speed of Bluetooth comunication to work with problematic Samsung Flip/Fold firmwares. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ChoSmile   Is this a real update then that @JeannieS54   was able to use?   

"JeannieS54
Jogger
3 0 3
yesterday

updated my Flip4 to F721USQTBVL9 just now   but my Fitbit and phone still won't sync. I'm in the US."

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Barbara913 We have 2 Flip3s with Charge 5s in UK which are  now working with Samsung update F711BXXU3DVL9. One did need to remove and readd the fitbit first.

Fitbit Charge 5 v57.20001.171.50 Updated to 57.20001.188.58 // Fitbit App v3.71 // Samsung Flip3 5G Android 13 One UI 5 Patch level 2022-12-01
**Fitbit is still not working for any Samsung Flip/Fold users**
Best Answer

@txteva Great!  However you are in the UK and the update I mentioned as used by @JeannieS54   "F721USQTBVL9"  is specific to US.  I'm just wondering if it exists because I am in the US.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Last update we had was beginning of December and that was what messed
everything up and none since
Best Answer
0 Votes