Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to sync after Android 13 update Samsung Flip/Fold

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated to Android 13 today.
From then on, no sync possible anymore.
I already:

• Restarted my phone
  • Shut down the phone completly
  • Force quit Fitbit
  • Deleted and reinstalled Fitbit (should be the newest version)
  • Reset the Charge 5
  • Shut down Google Assistant (apparently that's a problem with the Sense and Android 13)
  • Restarted Bluetooth several times
  • Hard Reset the Charge 5

Now I'm stuck with a watch that can't be connected anymore and is stuck in install mode.

Edit: To clarify. The Charge 5 is being seen via bluetooth, i get's found by the app, but it doesn't complete the connection.

Best Answer
1,444 REPLIES 1,444

My phone is also a Samsung flip 3, and after a recent Android update, my fitbit Charge 5 stopped connecting.  I tried everything for the last week with no success.  I disconnected my old Charge 5 from my Fitbit app and tried to connect a new Charge 5 that I got for Christmas, and it will not connect either.  My blue tooth on my phone finds them just fine, but when I try to do the setup, the Fitbit app says "found it" and then just sits and sits until it asks if I want to try again. 

Looking forward to getting the fix, but how will I get the update when neither of my Charge 5 has been set up?  I wish I had never disconnected my old Charge 5, but there you are.

Best Answer

The Charge 5 is recognised and the phone offers to open the Fitbit app to set up. It is found, but then when connecting it fails. I've tried every suggestion more than once. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Fold3 with Android 13. It offered to replace my Charge 4 and then failed during set up and now it can't find my Charge 4 any more and will not set it up either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20221227_151619_Google Play services.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20221227_151647.jpg

Screenshot_20221227_152150.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

The update is on the phone (as was the one that broke everything!), once you get it you should be able to pair the device again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My device will no longer sync with my phone.  Apparently fitbit are aware of this but offer no support or answers for this. I have tried to contact them but they offer nothing. I have been trying to cancel my premium subscription they can't even do this. Will not be renewing a subscription I can't even use.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @BeckyBoo60  which Fitbit and what phone and phone operating system do you have?

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes
I went into "tools", then scrolled to "Software Update" and selected the
top option. It installed the new update. I added a post that after some
maneuvering, my phone and fitbit finally synced. I have a Z-flip 4 and a
Luxe.
Best Answer
0 Votes

In the US and see no update yet.  But I have another workaround.  Was syncing with an old TCL phone and it worked but was inconvenient.  Got an Amazon Fire HD10 for Christmas.  I side-loaded the Google Play Store and installed the Fitbit App, once everything loaded, I turned on Bluetooth.  I am now syncing with my Fire Tablet and since I use the tablet all the time it is great.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Charge 5 to galaxy z4 fold
Best Answer
0 Votes

@txteva Charge 5 is working for me after installing the new Android firmware on my phone. 👍👍👍 Enjoy your New Year everyone! 🏃‍:female_sign:🚴‍:female_sign:

--Huddie; Fitbit Charge 5, firmware v57.20001.188.58; Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 F926B/DS, Android 13 OneUI 5, patch level 2022-12-01, Build Number F926BXXU2DVL9; Fitbit for Android v3.72
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, as described in the topic. Here is some additional info:

- At some point around 10 days after not sycing at all I disconnected the device to reconnect it

- When I connect the Charge 5 to the charger and search for it in the app, it says "Found!" instantly, but the times out and wants me to retry

- I tried turning Bluetooth off/on and all the basic stuff like having the latest app version, etc.

- My phone is a Galaxy Z Flip4

- Fitbit Version is 57.20001.171.50

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just an FYI: when they had the same problem when the versa was first released, it took just about a year the fix the issue. Fitbit is not known for fixing issues with any great "speed". Good luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having same problem I was told that my phone is no longer compatible buy new phone. I have samsung flip 3 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was told any fitbit will not work with the flip 3 to buy new phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BeckyBoo60  it's an issue with Fitbit and Android 13 flip phones. I'll move this to the Android area.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @smidge0r it's an issue with Fitbit and Android 13 flip phones. I'll move this to the Android area.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The update will be through Samsung for the phone. Once it's there, you're looking for DVKB, you should be able to set up your Fitbit. 

Best Answer

That's not accurate Flip3 is compatible once you receive the Samsung update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit know full well that you can't sync with the Samsung Z flip/fold phones. There are threads going back at least six months. Like you I spent hours trying to set up my charge 5. Fitbit replaced the device but the problem remains. Neither Fitbit nor Samsung seem inclined to resolve this even though we are a large group of people who are affected. We have two choices - dump Fitbit and get a refund or find an alternative device for the app. My Samsung galaxy tab works but not the Z flip 3. Whatever the issue it is a software problem as your Fitbit device is probably fine.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but so far not one single Samsung galaxy Z flip/phones has to my knowledge successfully synced with Fitbit. Charge 4 users lost access following a software update.

Best Answer