Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app and xiaomi phones - possible solution for notifications issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ok so as I was composing this message the forum software pointed to a similar thread

That thread had a similar solution for Redmi 5 Plus

I have a Xiaomi Redmi 4A and although not on the supported device list I could sync no problem.

Only issue was the message inside the app that I need to restart my phone to start the notification service which did not work even after a few restarts.

Although the thread above had a similar solution, only some steps were the same - probably due to different version of the MIUI interface on the phone.  I am currently running MIUI Global 10.1 Stable (10.1.1.0)

What fixed it for me was these steps:

1.  Settings --> Battery --> Battery Saver (choose apps).  Scroll the list and tap the fitbit app and choose 'No Restrictions'

2.  Settings --> Permissions --> Autostart.  Scroll the list and tap the fitbit app to enable autostart

3. Reboot the phone and open fitbit app and the error message under notifications should be gone and notifications working.

I must also state that there is another (less preferred) solution.  I read in this thread about the fix that was introduced with version 2.73 of the app which does in fact work when sideloaded to your device without any manual interventions.  Problem is obviously that it is an older version (current version as of now is 2.85) so one would be missing out on new functionality introduced on newer versions.

What therefore puzzles me is why fitbit developers could not port the same seamless compatibility to the latest version that would not require 3 steps of manual intervention mentioned above.

Well in any case just glad I found a solution and hope it helps somebody else.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

@enerdude Welcome! It's great to see you around! Thank you so much for sharing these tips with the community. I am sure other members will find this helpful.

I'll be around!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Hi, guys. 

I have been having FITBIT sync issues and notification issues with my Xiaomi phone with MIUI 12 on it. I suggest You to do all the steps mentioned above, but if this all does not help, there is one more step, which helped me. 

Go to Bluetooth devices- click on Your Fitbit device-  Unpair it. 

After unpairing it, App seem to connect to device with no issues.

Best Answer