Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app can't add friend by username

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am trying to add a friend by their username and keep getting the error message:.

Failed to send 

[ERROR 404] [URL https://android-cdn-api.fitbit.com/1.1/user/-/friends/invitations]

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@becky11192 Hi there. I've moved your post to this board in an effort to keep the forums organized. 

Please try the following troubleshooting: 

- Log out from the app 

- Force quit it > clear cache 

- Restart your phone 

- Log back in > add friends 

If you keep getting the same error message, please attach a screenshot to your next reply. 

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

doesn't work for me either ... on Android OR on the app on my Windows 10 laptop.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JustJeann Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

May I know if you have tried the troubleshooting mentioned above? Are you getting any error message when trying to add friends?

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I had tried the troubleshooting. Now I think it's possible I had been given incorrect user names, because I was later able to add a couple of other people by username. BUT, someone else tried to add ME by my Username, and got the error. I'm certain I gave her the correct User Name, but I have no way to verify what she typed in. And now we're friends by another method, so no way to experiment further with her.

The error I originally got on the app on my Android tablet: Failed to send Friend request [ERROR 404][URL https://android-cdn-api.fitbit.com/1.1/user/-/friends/invitations].

The error I originally got on the app on my Windows 10 Laptop (the app, not browser): Friend request was not sent. The username you entered doesn't seem to exist.

I still get both the above errors when trying some User names, but again maybe I've been given incorrect names. So I guess I'm ok for now, just wanted you to see the specific errors.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JustJeann Thank you for getting back. 

I appreciate the time you took to share specific information on what you were experiencing. Glad to hear that you were able to add friends using another method, hope you can do Challenges and motivate each other. 

Have a good weekend. 

Best Answer
0 Votes